Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Comic Book Question of the Week Results: What Do You Think of 'Injustice: Gods Among Us?'

• 99 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

After a wait that felt like an eternity due to a buildup of hype week after week, Injustice: Gods Among Us is finally yours to own. While I adore it and gave it a positive review, I was curious to see how the community feels about NetherRealm Studio's take on the DC universe (apologies, I know those outside of North America have had less time with it). The poll gave five options, ranging from "love it" to "a huge disappointment" and plenty of Viners voted. The results are in and it looks like I see eye to eye with a lot of you out there. "Absolutely love it" is the clear winner, taking 55% of the votes. You chose wisely, friends.

Spamming heat vision = totally legit tactic.
    Spamming heat vision = totally legit tactic.

It's understandable why so many gamers are loving it, too. The opportunity to jump into the DC universe(s) and control iconic characters is a real treat. Multiplayer alone can generate hours upon hours of competitive fun. Few things in this world beat the feeling of uppercutting your buddy into orbit. Additionally, NetherRealm Studio packed it with plenty of single player content, delivering a solid (yet slightly short) story, tons of unlockables and an overwhelming about of S.T.A.R. Lab missions.

Here's the poll results.

• Absolutely love it: 55%
    • It's pretty good: 31%
    • Eh, it's okay: 6%
    • I'm disappointed, but it's still somewhat enjoyable: 2%
    • What is this garbage? This game is a huge disappointment: 6%

What did you vote for and why? Also, has your opinion changed since then? Don't forget to check the homepage Tuesday for the next Comic Book Question of the Week. As always, you're welcome to make suggestions for the next question!

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ andTwitter pagein hopes of getting a new follower or two.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mucklefluga

I downloaded the demo this afternoon and loved it, which is surprising since i don't really like fighting games.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I loved it, the story was fun and still have plenty to do!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Not played it yet

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

I haven't played it, but it seems pretty exaggerated. But I don't know since I haven't played it.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

It's a pretty cool game, but they really need more Meter Attacks. Those can be cool, but they get repetitive fast. Also, Wonder Woman's is kind of lackluster when you compare them to the other heroes.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By CitizenJP

Been playing errrrrday! So much fun! I love it!

mister garbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eff'n awesome. Period.

sho3s22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool, felt like the story was cliche

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Haven't played it yet, but from the looks of it, Im gonna lose countless hours of my life on this.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
    Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I didn't get it, but the story and gameplay look awesome from what I've seen! I'm gonna wait a couple months/or a year before buying this. Outside of NBA 2k games which I only get every other year, I don't like buying games for $60. It's just too much for me. I remember the somewhat old days when games were like $30-$40. I also only really like less than half the characters on the roster. Ares, Killer Frost, and Lobo kinda seem like lame characters to have in this game. But, I can appreciate that it's made for hardcore fans of DC.

Now if you'll excuse. me, I'm going to go play my recently acquired Arkham City.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By mewmdude77

Marvel may be better with live action movies, but DC is better with video games.

DCVibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game definitely has its pros and cons. I recommend it for the sake of playing as DC characters. Hoping for Captain Atom as a DLC!

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great! I was surprised at how good I was with aquaman.

KryptonSabbath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've enjoyed it a lot but can't really play it for more then an hour or so.

ImFatBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImFatBatman

Great game,I find it actually enjoyable to fight people online. S.T.A.R. Labs stuff is really fun.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
    Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really kick butt with Aquaman and Green Arrow! Still... I think I will trade it in tomorrow. Its great, but I am not a big fighting game fan. I only bought it because of the DC characters and the story, which was about 4 hours long. If I were a fightgame fan, I would love it!

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

Tried the demo but it just felt like Mortal Kombat, I don't mean that in a bad way but it's just I've got MK and barely played it. Fighting games aren't for me, too much button bashing, cramped wrists and memorising combos.

DC could do with more individual character games but the difficulty they have are the powersets. The most popular DC characters are flyers and flying characters are really difficult to build a compelling game around. This is why games like Arkham Asylum, Spider-man 2 work as good games, they characters can soar through a city but they have limits and every game environment needs limits.

A green lantern game set in space could be interesting, the Sinestro corps war? You could select from Hal, John, Kyle & Guy. Each character would have their own power moves and the developers could clean up with DLC to download alternative character skins, given the size of the GL army they'd be onto a winner. Thing is I'd want god of war style gameplay

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it at first but after I played the story mode I came to love it

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

enjoying the game. I rarely buy $60 games but it was well worth it. Bought the Walmart version which gave me a free MK vs DC game with it. Still have to go through the Star Lab tasks but all and all solid game.

WebHead32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WebHead32

I don't know if its just me but I wish there were characters that i could unlock via gameplay. I truly hate the idea of DLC. For me its a 3/5

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Wish I could get this but I don't have a ps3. I may lookinto buying one just for this.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24  Edited By Outside_85

It's entertaining, slightly addictive and not quite as aggravating as some fighting games can be (yet... since us Europeans on just had the release!). But the steering is stiff and unforgiving, the cut-scenes could have been prettier and I am not sure if they actually pulled the evil Superman off convincingly and shouldnt just have gone with Uberman and the rest of that bunch. Contains a nice twist on 'Nightwing'.

Personal fanboy note: disappointed Raven doesn't have segment of her own in the campaign :(

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@foxxfireart: Pshhh, Wonder Womans? Try Harley Quinns then we can talk.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

its great. needs Martian Manhunter dlc though

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story is great and they give a reason why non-super powered characters like Batman, Green Arrow, Catwoman, etc can fight the super powered characters. I suck at fighting games (including this game) but I am enjoying it. I hope Marvel has a fighting game likes this or better yet an DC vs Marvel fighting game!!

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bogey

I was impressed with this game considering the last time we had an DC fighting game it came off as really clunky. Only complaint is that some of the character endings come off lame.

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really into fighting games like Mortal Kombat, but I really did enjoy Injustice Gods though I wish the story mode was a bit longer, but the ending is hinting with a sequel so I'm guessing it's not over yet.

My only complaint (with a bit of fangirl in it): Raven should have more onscreen moments, along with Nightwing and Hawkgirl.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NightFang3

A fun game that could have been better, but it could have been better.

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
    iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iragulasuperbia

@lifeboy: It's out for the PS3. That's what I've been playing it on.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Absolutely love this game. Some of the costume choices were bizarre and downright ugly but the game is tons of fun. I am happy to say that it lived up to all of my lofty expectations.

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna play it but Flash and Wonder Woman's costumes look awesome. Be nice if they implemented them in the comics. Sorry SynCig, I'm loving them!

Pyro_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game felt kind of incomplete. The lack of true unlockable content(non-DLC) is one huge disapointment, and the combat style was not enough to make up for it. It's somewhat enjoyable, but lacks a lot of content that might have made the game more interesting.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is sooo sick! Flawless gameplay and story and the dialogue is totally rich, greatest one liners in gaming history.

Special mention to aquaman, they really made him a true badass in this game.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

@pyro_jack: They have the normal unlocks, some alt costumes, art, videos, xp bonus. The problem is and will continue to be the first company that created micr transactions and succeeded. Now every game has DLC or micro trans that you have the option to buy, most are cosmetic while others like Assassins Creed 3 are actual content. I would personally prefer games to be say $30-40 again but it clearly states you will pay x amount later to get all the DLC, or season passes. Also the season pass for Injustice is cheap, 1200 points or apx $12. If I recall the pass for Forza Horizon was twice that.

Either way loved the story mode, tried a few of the STAR challenges which were fun. Not really great at fighting games but beat it on normal/medium difficulty so thats a plus. Currently my only disappoint is the 360 bug preventing the Best Buy Zombie addon from loading.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a great game. One of the most refreshing fighting games for this console generation too. I wish the story mode was a little longer and online was more stable, but other than that I can't stop playing it.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

LOVE IT!

1) Between the events of the THRONE of ATLANTIS, and playing him in the game I dare someone to say AQUAMAN is lame

2) We had one of the coolest twist appearances ever in the story version, did not see it coming but it made perfect sense.

3) There is just sooo much to do, S.T.A.R labs and the BATTLES will keep you occupied for quite sometime

4) I am a sucker for the Skins, more please

5) LOBO

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By LyraFay

I thought it was good but disappointed that Catwoman didn't play a bigger part especially since you have easily being able to develop more.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mezmero

I started the story mode earlier today. I think it's pretty great so far but there are certain story beats that are handled much better in the prequel comic. The writing is just a lot sharper in the book. The multiple universe angle works a lot better for the conceit of a fighting game story but the development of the actual Injutice universe is far more interesting to me. Looking forward to finishing it after work today. I didn't get to vote in time for the results but so far I'm leaning towards a 4 star like the GB and CV reviews.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really pleasantly surprised. I was ready for Superman to be dragged through the mud for Batman (as often happens) but it would seem Neatherrealms figured out to have their cake and eat it too. Pretty good story mode and of course the mechanics are solid.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It was awesome!!!

Also playing the story mode, I came across one section that made me see just how much DC really keeps shooting itself in the foot when it comes to other media. How do I mean? Well the part where.....

Cyborg is talking to parallel Deathstroke and mentions him fighting the Teen Titans and the fact that Cyborg himself used to be a Titan.

Wouldn't that be pretty confusing for new readers?

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kid Apollo

im liking the game so far, the graphics are pretty slick, some of the special moves are awesome. im super comfortable with characters i never would have expected. i went in wanting to play as the Flash but after a few matches im loving Cyborg and Black Adam. BA is pretty bad*ss, hes not flashy, he doesnt pose a lot, he doesnt make with the chit-chat, he just beats people up. Aquaman is pretty fun to play as, and throwing Hawkgirl's mace at people was great. only thing i wish is that there were more skins! aside from bonus dlc and whats already in the game, there isnt enough alternate costumes to wear. Give me Aquaman with the long hair, beard and hook! give me Adam West's Batman costume! give me Nightwing as Robin! a Roy Harper skin for Green Arrow! i'd pick up dlc if its got lots of skins.

the S.T.A.R. labs stuff is pretty good too, some of them are pretty clever, and its a nice touch having Red Sun Superman missions

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was so pleased with this game. One thing I liked about this is that instead of it being good Batman versus evil Superman like I expected, it was good Superman versus evil Superman. Aquaman was portrayed as a total badass. I also liked Hal and Ollie. Evil Superman was... brutal. Damn... Poor Billy... I'm glad they explained why characters like Joker could go toe-to-toe with characters like Superman. "I'm not dead! Oh, thank you, happy pill!" I just wish they'd had more variety for the super moves. And a longer story would have been great. Not that it wasn't good. I really loved it. And I'm glad Batman was just one character in a bigger story encompassing multiple characters, instead of them shining the spotlight on him. Not that I don't like Batman. But it's not a game about just Batman.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this game. My favorite characters are Aquaman and Green Arrow.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the dreaded spamming of Superman heat vision. I've already experienced it in spades while playing online matches.

Amazing game though!

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By mightyrearranger

Oh the dreaded spamming of Superman heat vision. I've already experienced it in spades while playing online matches.

I like to counter range-spam with hyperactive jump-spam. Not only does a good diagonal jump time out pretty well with everyone except Batman, it looks kinda hilarious when you leap around your opponent's head repeatedly.

Avatar image for cincyducksfan35
    cincyducksfan35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assumed I would be playing as my favorite characters like Batman and Nightwing, but I've actually enjoyed playing as Green Lantern and Flash. I like how each character feels different, while none seem super overpowered

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dreamfall31

I loved MK9 and really like DC, but I think I'm gonna wait until it's cheaper. The STAR Labs stuff looks pretty awesome, but it's not a game I absolutely need right now when it's still $60.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the story was really lacking. Was hoping it was going to be different but it was just a different reality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.