Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

CG JUSTICE LEAGUE FILM CONCEPT ART

• 58 results
    Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superdork
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Looks Cool.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By KainScion

love em. hope he does martian manhunter.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Redberry

Hal got a tan.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF

I actually really like this. I think i like Wonder Woman's outfit the most (closely followed by Batman), I have always liked the ancient warrior type skirt on her. Also it would be nice to see them put John back in as the main GL on the team

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I love the Batman and Wonder Woman designs.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BigBDawg

This is most impressive stuff. :) I do enjoy the character designs as well. They got this feel to them that they are just righteous yet classic AND contemporary!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dernman
    @ReVamp: Superman looks like the comedy relief tool. >:( 
    Oh wait was this done for an actual movie?  Either way this took talent.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@Dernman said:

Yes. He does. I don't like it either.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

Is this suppose to be a joke?

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BigBDawg

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By htb106

Looks good, I really like Batman, wonder woman and john stewart's costumes but I'm not to keen on the Superman one. I know it's basically just the one from the pre-Flashpoint comics but I don't like the red shorts over his trousers.

Wonder why there's no Flash costume...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCannon

@BigBDawg said:

It's not bad, but it needs...

it needs...

someone to do it good.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Redberry

The art looks like a Dreamworks movie.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEGRAAF

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

Yeah i was just thinking that they should have gone with a more serious, slimmed down version of Superman in an outfit similar to his current one

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Superdork

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp: Superman looks like the comedy relief tool. >:( Oh wait was this done for an actual movie? Either way this took talent.

@DEGRAAF: @TheCannon: @htb106: @ReVamp:

From the Artist:

No Caption Provided

Superman- Superman is a wholesome, good-natured guy with antiquated notions of heroism, and that's what I like about him. He represents a more honest hero, and SO many people don't like him because he's too corny, or not badass enough, and I think that's ridiculous. I hardly touched his costume at all because I wanted him to look corny and I wanted his image to reflect the dated quality of his beliefs. I really don't like when people try to make him like, this dark, violent, angry guy just for the sake of making him cooler.

Anyway I tried to make him primarily out of chunky square shapes, and I went as far as taking away the angles on his boots to make them a little more chunky and plain. I think he should be a big character to emphasize the fact that he's all about IMMENSE power and protectiveness. I know a lot of people say that he shouldn't be big because nothing would give him a workout, but I disagree because

1) Every time I see him lift something, he looks like he's straining real hard. Whether it's a car, a piece of rubble, a building, it all seems to be difficult for him.

2) The design reflecting the spirit of the character is more important to me than whether or not he'd be big in real life. He's powerful and he's protective, that's what I want my design to emphasize.

No Caption Provided

Batman- I wanted Batman to be composed of triangular shapes to emphasize how dangerous he is. I also didn't want to draw him big and bulky because in my version he's primarily an acrobat, not a bodybuilder. He's constantly doing flips and jumping off rooftops, so he'd be extremely lean. I also gave him the more armored costume because

1) It looks cool

2) Having an outfit that looks more like protective gear while everyone else is wearing more "costume-y" outfits visually reinforces the fact that he's human and mortal. It reminds us that he NEEDS this to protect him and that's a trait that I (and I think most people) like about batman.

I also made Batman's skin even more pale here than in the Bruce Wayne pic to further emphasize the lack of warmth in Batman, and it also helped to add more contrast against the darkness of his suit. I like the idea of his face being that one little speck of pale, cold, humanity peeking out from this huge enveloping shroud of darkness.

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman- I went with angry, warrior, man hating Wonder Woman. I feel like if you're raised your entire life immersed in bigotry, you're not just going to change your beliefs after a single adventure. It's not gonna be like "oh these guys fought with me to save the world, men aren't so bad." Nobody just drops prejudiced opinions like that, they skew and distort things to keep supporting and maintaining their discrimination. I feel like her acceptance of men would be a very slow, gradual thing and it would never be 100%. I was mostly inspired by Darwyn Cooke's design with some tweaks here and there where I thought it made more sense or would add some appeal.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern- I thought it would be cool if his outfit was more of a manifestation of the ring's power as opposed to just cloth. I think that's the angle the live action movie is taking too, so I thought I'd do my version of that idea. I thought it would be cool if the green parts were constantly shifting, and seemed like you were looking inside some kind of unstable, nebulous energy reaction. I went with the spots because I was paying homage to that swiss cheese effect that Jack Kirby used to do whenever he drew energy.

Justice League- A few weeks ago, just for fun I started doing concepts for a faux Justice League CG movie. I've always been a huge fan of Bruce Timm and the DC Timmverse he helped create, and I thought it would be cool to basically design the JLA movie that I would direct if given the chance. I didn't do any huge drastic changes because I didn't want to betray the characters in terms of who they are and what they're about. I just wanted to build on what's already been established and tweak things the way I saw them. I was going to wait until I had more artwork before I posted this, but with all the freelance I've got, I don't think I'll be able to work on this again for a while.

No Caption Provided

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Superdork

I love how he used Rha's al Ghul as the villain.

Reminds me of:

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCannon

Why not have the League look like this:

No Caption Provided

Except for Wonder Woman. I would want her to look like one of these three:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The third one I can't post for some reason.

For Batman:

No Caption Provided
    Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superdork

@TheCannon: First of all, this thread is not about how the League SHOULD look. It's to show off this guy's art.

Second of all, the picture you posted lacks diversity.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Third, your pictures are not even for a CGI movie. lol

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCannon

@Superdork said:

Second of all, the picture you posted lack diversity.

Which one? I posted four.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superdork

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

The team shot. lol

Your pictures are not even for a CGI movie.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheCannon

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

The team shot. lol

Okay. What's wrong with the team pic?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Superdork

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

The team shot. lol

1. It's well done, so that's good.

2. There is no racial diversity on the team at all. It's like the racial equivalent of a sausage fest. And I don't count MM as Black or as a human minority. He's not Black because a)he's martian and b)they just use him to be whatever race is convenient at the time. When he was created, he blended in by becoming a White man. Now Smallville and some other shows show him shapeshifting into a Black man. In the future, he'll probably be Asian.

A Black hero needs to be Black at all times.

3. This is about a CG Justice League movie, not live action movie.

4. Henry Cavill won't be Superman in a Justice League film in the same way that Christian Bale won't be Batman in a Justice League film. They would go with all new actors.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clemj

looks good

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheCannon

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

The team shot. lol

1. It's well done, so that's good.

2. There is no racial diversity on the team at all. It's like the racial equivalent of a sausage fest. And I don't count MM as Black or as a human minority. He's not Black because a)he's martian and b)they just use him to be whatever race is convenient at the time. When he was created, he blended in by becoming a White man. Now Smallville and some other shows show him shapeshifting into a Black man. In the future, he'll probably be Asian.

A Black hero needs to be Black at all times.

3. This is about a CG Justice League movie, not live action movie.

4. Henry Cavill won't be Superman in a Justice League film in the same way that Christian Bale won't be Batman in a Justice League film. They would go with all new actors.

1. Okay.

2. Why does everyone say the League has to have a black member? Why can't they just wait for Cyborg in a sequel?

3. Oh.

4. Can't judge that since I haven't seen Cavill yet. But it's good Bale won't be in it.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Gambit1024

Oh, that's cute. Reminds me of the Incredibles, kind of.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By HolySerpent

Holy sh!t...looks really really good...

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Twentyfive

I LOVE your art. Your rendition of each character easily captures everything about them. I'd love to see a theatrical JLA movie with your art, and that cast.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By sethysquare
    uhm. no john steward. Hal Jordan only. I rather they include cyborg.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sethysquare
    Secondly, Superman looks like a joke. I hate his costume. How come WW and Batman get cool costumes but Superman look so lame?
    Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Superdork

@sethysquare:

@Superdork said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Read the Superman notes. And John Stewart is way cooler. He's not a D-Bag. =P

From the Artist:

Superman- Superman is a wholesome, good-natured guy with antiquated notions of heroism, and that's what I like about him. He represents a more honest hero, and SO many people don't like him because he's too corny, or not badass enough, and I think that's ridiculous. I hardly touched his costume at all because I wanted him to look corny and I wanted his image to reflect the dated quality of his beliefs. I really don't like when people try to make him like, this dark, violent, angry guy just for the sake of making him cooler.

Anyway I tried to make him primarily out of chunky square shapes, and I went as far as taking away the angles on his boots to make them a little more chunky and plain. I think he should be a big character to emphasize the fact that he's all about IMMENSE power and protectiveness. I know a lot of people say that he shouldn't be big because nothing would give him a workout, but I disagree because

1) Every time I see him lift something, he looks like he's straining real hard. Whether it's a car, a piece of rubble, a building, it all seems to be difficult for him.

2) The design reflecting the spirit of the character is more important to me than whether or not he'd be big in real life. He's powerful and he's protective, that's what I want my design to emphasize.

Batman- I wanted Batman to be composed of triangular shapes to emphasize how dangerous he is. I also didn't want to draw him big and bulky because in my version he's primarily an acrobat, not a bodybuilder. He's constantly doing flips and jumping off rooftops, so he'd be extremely lean. I also gave him the more armored costume because

1) It looks cool

2) Having an outfit that looks more like protective gear while everyone else is wearing more "costume-y" outfits visually reinforces the fact that he's human and mortal. It reminds us that he NEEDS this to protect him and that's a trait that I (and I think most people) like about batman.

I also made Batman's skin even more pale here than in the Bruce Wayne pic to further emphasize the lack of warmth in Batman, and it also helped to add more contrast against the darkness of his suit. I like the idea of his face being that one little speck of pale, cold, humanity peeking out from this huge enveloping shroud of darkness.

Wonder Woman- I went with angry, warrior, man hating Wonder Woman. I feel like if you're raised your entire life immersed in bigotry, you're not just going to change your beliefs after a single adventure. It's not gonna be like "oh these guys fought with me to save the world, men aren't so bad." Nobody just drops prejudiced opinions like that, they skew and distort things to keep supporting and maintaining their discrimination. I feel like her acceptance of men would be a very slow, gradual thing and it would never be 100%. I was mostly inspired by Darwyn Cooke's design with some tweaks here and there where I thought it made more sense or would add some appeal.

Green Lantern- I thought it would be cool if his outfit was more of a manifestation of the ring's power as opposed to just cloth. I think that's the angle the live action movie is taking too, so I thought I'd do my version of that idea. I thought it would be cool if the green parts were constantly shifting, and seemed like you were looking inside some kind of unstable, nebulous energy reaction. I went with the spots because I was paying homage to that swiss cheese effect that Jack Kirby used to do whenever he drew energy.

Justice League- A few weeks ago, just for fun I started doing concepts for a faux Justice League CG movie. I've always been a huge fan of Bruce Timm and the DC Timmverse he helped create, and I thought it would be cool to basically design the JLA movie that I would direct if given the chance. I didn't do any huge drastic changes because I didn't want to betray the characters in terms of who they are and what they're about. I just wanted to build on what's already been established and tweak things the way I saw them. I was going to wait until I had more artwork before I posted this, but with all the freelance I've got, I don't think I'll be able to work on this again for a while.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Twentyfive

@Superdork said:

@sethysquare:

@Superdork said:

You tell'em!

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By desmond006

It could be worse...

It realy looks like a kids movie. I had something a little more mature looking in mind. Also, adding one black guy doesnt make it a diverse team. I dont realy see why they have to have one at all.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Primmaster64

Superman needs a redesign...

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Captain13

@desmond006 said:

It could be worse...

It realy looks like a kids movie. I had something a little more mature looking in mind. Also, adding one black guy doesnt make it a diverse team. I dont realy see why they have to have one at all.

LOLOLOL! One is more diverse, better, and more acceptable than none, and John is a freaking beast! He's the reason that it got into Justice League in the first place. Also, it's a 4 person team. That mean's 25% of the team is Black and 25% of the team is female. That may be the most diverse Justice League team of all time in terms of percentages. =P

And it looks like the Incredibles or any other Pixar movie which cater to audiences of ALL ages. Plus the action scenes look intense and you can see the boobs of the Amazons.

And the kiddiness could be way worse:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Great art! I'm actually going to change my profile pic to John Stewart because of this.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I LOVE THESE

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By desmond006

@Captain13: I actualy prefer those pics over the cgi ones. I feel that if your going for a kids look then go all the way. Dont show me a goofy looking superman and disproportionate body parts and then some boobs.

I've always wanted to see something that looked more like the comicbooks. Take the star wars cartoon for example, I would prefer something like that over this. Not to say this artist didnt do a good job. I assume it would be too expensive to do something like the DC universe online game.

Also John S is the reason I got into the JL also.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Superdork

@OutlawRenegade said:

I LOVE THESE

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Twentyfive said:

@Superdork said:

@sethysquare:

@Superdork said:

You tell'em!

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Replicant0658

I seriously love everything about this and hope the artist makes a CGI short with these characters someday!! Also, I TOTALLY understand the direction the artist took in Superman's design and despite what everyone else said on here, I honestly think it was a wise move, definitely speaks a lot about the character.

All in all, please give us an animated short with these wonderful characters!!!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Superdork said:

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp: Superman looks like the comedy relief tool. >:( Oh wait was this done for an actual movie? Either way this took talent.

From the Artist:

No Caption Provided

thank you for this. I wasnt putting him down i was just stating what my first thought of the drawing was. After giving it some the weekend to sink in i am starting to like it. I htink the feeling of Comedic relief doesnt come so much from the way he is drawn but more that he is the only one smiling. Everyone looks pissed besides him.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Twentyfive said:

@Superdork said:

@sethysquare:

@Superdork said:

You tell'em!

I agree with this. John Stewart has always been my favorite GL

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon: You changed the poster and not a a good way, also Megan Fox as Wonder Woman is a goddamn awful Casting choice, she is famous, but she cant act and isnt a box office magnet.

You need at least to be one of those two.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Superguy0009e
    GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Superdork said:

@Dernman said:

From the Artist:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

1) It looks cool

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Cool! I really hope a CGI Justice League will comes to fruition ...

Pixar could makes a CGI film 1st to test audience responses, then proceed to make a live-action film

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#46  Edited By Black_Claw

Pixar could never make a Justice League movie because they're owned by Disney. DC is owned by Warner Bros.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lilben42

@TheCannon: Yeah like the incredibles. Just get Brad Bird to do it and it will be great.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Captain13

These still look great!

Here's are some additions:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The roster is kist like the one in Kid Stuff

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

Yeah i was just thinking that they should have gone with a more serious, slimmed down version of Superman in an outfit similar to his current one

Oh the pain

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.