Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Batman Runs JLA

• 71 results
    jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jeepeh

Tower of Babel is pure horsedung. Plans for Flash are to HOPE Flash doesn't use his superspeed to take Batman out before he reacts and then, in the pure fortune of that happening, he HOPES Flash doesn't just move out of the way. That plan is similar to his plan for Diana, he HOPES a lot for a "prep master". Perhaps the dumbest plan of all belongs to Green Lantern who he plans to hypnotize in his sleep. -_-...

I really wish people would stop quoting it as a way to prove Batman wins when, in actuality, all the villains already knew the heroes weaknesses and never took them out, but Batman would... because?

BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN.

I'm sorry, but you left yourself wide open for that one.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He funds the thing.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@superguy1591: Batman doesn't hide from Superman because his a ninja, he does it because gadgets. Tower of Babel wasn't stupid, the Flash has no reason to dodge bullets when he can vibrate through them, it's his dominant strategy. If someone sniped him with a vibrating bullet that's what would happen. This applies to other character's in the Tower of Babel too. Batman knows his comrades better than the villains. Also the villains don't win because they can't win, otherwise it wouldn't be a super hero story. Batman isn't handicapped by plot.

Doctor_Fate500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said this was for a friend to see who you thikn runs the show

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Superguy1591

@papinacho: No tech can mask sound completely, nothing in the universe is without sound and Superman's senses are...SUPER. His hearing works in space, where sound has NOTHING to vibrate. Nothing Batman can do can hide from Superman outside off PIS.

Tower of Babel wasn't stupid? Hypnotize Green Lantern? Shoot Wonder Woman with a machine that makes her hallucinate(The lasso should make that impossible)? Dumb. Just DUMB!

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PapiNacho

@superguy1591: No biology in the universe can allow you to absorb energy from the sun and get such hearing. Batman can build such tech because he is BATMAN. Nothing Superman can do to find him outside PIS.

Hypnotize Green Lantern? Why not? Wonder Woman hallucinates? Is she always wearing her lasso? (Thought to be fair Wonder Woman should be the hardest foe to beat) Smart. Just SMART.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: As long as Batman is there, he's making a sound. The only way he can sneak up on Superman is if Superman isn't listening for him--and that's nothing to brag about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: batman makes no sounds. He's a ninja. And superman was talking to Bruce both times. Also in new 52 Bruce made a suit to hide him from Superman's vision and superman coulnt find him. That means that he couldn't hear him either which means batman can move without making a sound

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: Superman's species is from a dimly lit planet where the creatures on that planet would need to evolve their hearing better to survive. I like how you can accept Batman doing things that no human can do, but Superman's highly likely abilities that are supercharged are out of the realm of possibility for you.

Why can't he hypnotize GL? Because GLs, for one, are will personified. Nothing is supposed to deter them, hypnosis shouldn't work on them. And Diana's plans? Jesus, the smarter thing to do would've been to fear toxin her like Aquaman (Though I thought fear toxin made you see you biggest fears, didn't know you can decide what you want the person to fear. -_-)

I conceded that Batman studying Wally's patterns would result in a favorable outcome, but Diana and Kyle's plans were PIS.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PapiNacho

@superguy1591: That is exactly my point. Superman can do things that no one should be able to do because of "science" even when it is biologically impossible. Why would Batman therefore not be able to build technology to counter this because of "science" even when it is impossible? I accept both things.

GL's being will personified were John's addition to the mythos, which came far later than this graphic novel. Even then, hypnotizing the GL has nothing to do with will, it has to do with belief. I already admitted that the Wonder Woman plan was stretching it, but the book was by no means stupid.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Superguy1591

@papinacho: Batman and Superman are not the same, there is NO reason why Batman NEEDS to be able to counteract a behemoth like Superman. Just like I wouldn't accept Superman being able to be on par of a detective or strategist as Batman, I refuse to have Batman be able to neautralize all of what makes Superman unique simply because he's Batman.

Why is Superman the only superhero not allowed to be special? It's SM/WW all over again where Superman can't be stronger or more durable than Diana, even though Wonder Woman is already a badass amazon fighter and warrior.

Why can't Superman be special? Why does everyone have to match him?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PapiNacho

@superguy1591: When you say special you mean no one should counteract him? Batman being as capable as Superman doesn't make him less special. If Batman being a superior strategist is not enough to be on par with Superman then what makes Batman special? Superman is stronger and faster than every other member in the Justice League. He has on many occasions taken out the entire Justice League, but this doesn't mean the rest of the league is less special. It depends on the story they should all be on the same tier of awesome.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Superguy1591

@jayc1324: First off, don't bring up Snyder's magical PIS suit here. Secondly, even ninjas make a sound.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: the suit still stands. Daredevil, who has super hearing has even noted that ninjas are hard to track. His super hearing isn't in Superman's level but still, ninjas train to be silent

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: Superman is stronger than anyone on the current starting 7, yes, but Flash is faster. As far as soloing the JL, maybe if he's supercharged, but Diana owns him already.

You ask what makes Batman special? Tech, mastery of 125, he has the ability to make every woman want him, strategist (He should be able to create a plan to take down Superman, but being able to do it himself id nuts. Captain American can formulate a plan that can stop the Hulk, but he's not doing it without Thor), plus he's already EVERYONE's favorite because he's a human being with no superpowers.

What else does he need, all Superman has are his powers.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Silent to the human ear, I would like to know if dogs were as easy to evade.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PapiNacho

@superguy1591: Superman is faster while flying, which is perfectly in character for him. Exactly my point if what makes Batman special is his technology and planning ability, then he should be able to tech and plan against Superman. Just like Superman can freeze breath his face off.

What makes Superman special? Superman is also popular with the women, can fly, can move FTL, the think faster than a supercomputer, has freeze breath, is stronger than the planet, plus he is DC's most iconic super hero because he came first. You list a lot of cool things about Batman but the truth is Superman is physically better in every way just like he is better than the League. That is why writer's must give other characters their time to shine.

Batman and Wonder Woman should keep up with Superman imo, they are the trinity. This doesn't make Superman less special because he is still better than everybody else. Finally, at the very least you admitted yourself that your problem with the book is not the logic, but that you don't like who the main character was. That is fine it is the same reason that I don't like Batman Earth One.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: silent to supermans ears as well apparently. You can't hear a sound that isn't there

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: Superman is faster flying than he is running, but Flash still runs circles around him. That's Flashes thing, he's the speedster, Superman won't/shouldn't ever be as fast or faster than him.

1.) Superman is popular with the women in Metropolis, but Batman is the one the female superheroes can't resist, even the villains want him. Plus, real women find him more attractive because he's darker and more mysterious.

2.) People in general think he's cooler.

3.)So can Wonder Woman, GL and Cyborg.

4.)No he can't .

5-8.) I said all he has are his powers, but his intelligence is nerfed whenever Batman is around.

9.) Most iconic, but Batman is the more popular of the two.

And I'm not trying to say Superman has to be the best, I just want everyone to be confided within their limits. I like that Diana can take down Supes using her magic and fighting abilities, but the gap between them isn't that big. Superman and Batman? That's too much to make up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.