gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

You have to love a book that can have it's main character (in this case, Constantine), wonder around for a few pages, talking, while having been decapitated. Constantine is proving more and more that he just might have what it takes to be a leader. We see he is still completely full of faults but he does have a high level of skills at his disposal. This story may tie into FOREVER EVIL overall, but it's also tying into the Forever Evil: Blight story as well.

Because of the results of Trinity War, Constantine is trying to find his former teammates. To do so, he's enlisted the help of some others. It's great seeing his interaction with Swamp Thing due to their recent encounter. Nightmare Nurse I can take or leave. At least she's there to put Constantine in his place when necessary. Seeing Phantom Stranger and Pandora with others definitely adds some spice to the mix.

Of course, the big draw for many is the fact that the Sea King is somehow here after being killed when the Crime Syndicate appeared at the end of Trinity War. He may be a dark version of Aquaman but that's part of what makes him intriguing. His appearance here will definitely leave some ramifications.

Mikel Janin's art does a fine job balancing the mystical realms as well as the other crazy locations called for in this issue. You'll get a kick out of the battle between the team and the Sea King.

The Bad

The past few issues have been a little convoluted. We in the middle of a tie in story arc within a story arc. The cover doesn't even mention Forever Evil: Blight and that may leave some readers confused if they haven't been following the other tie in issues.

This may be a personal gripe but I just can't take Blight seriously. He reminds me a little of Serpentor in G.I. Joe. I don't feel like he's a complete embodiment of evil.

You have to be sure to read PHANTOM STRANGER #15 to find out what happens next. Crossovers are great but it's a bit of a bummer when you feel forced to read another series. Although, you should be reading PHANTOM STRANGER.

The Verdict

While a lot of the action of FOREVER EVIL is going on in the main series as JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK continues to show us that there is more to the story. John Constantine is doing his best to step up to locate his missing teammates and has formed an allegiance with some others. To make things even more dire, they will soon find themselves facing the Sea King, thought dead at the end of Trinity War, as well as a whole bunch of dark magic. This event within an event will definitely leave a mark on this title so don't miss it.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This story has been pretty good so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he's not dead!

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The scale of Forever: Evil continues to amaze me with every issue. I think that is due to the fact I am reading all the tie ins but still the sense of destruction you get is just awesome. Hard to think we are over the half way point already for this event the time has just flown buy in a good way.

As far as this issue goes a really entertaing read Constantine up to his old tricks again and I pretty much agree with every thing you said Tony good review :)

cuddles667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cuddles667

Two things about Evil Aquaman:

1) He needs an eyepatch. Superfriends should have hinted as much.

2) I know it's pre-Flashpoint, but Busiek already came up with a cooler name: Barracuda!

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

It's been a great book and team, but I'm totally with you on Blight. Dude's a pretty blah villain. I was really hoping for a semi-established figure or an old entity to be used. Eclipso or even Arcane could have been cool.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman from Earth 3 is bad ass.

Sun_Pusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vitalius said:

@manwithoutshame:

The tittle has been good since the beginning.

Wasn't this issue sold as the Batman vs Luthor issue and yet they never even really came to blows.

These Forever Evil covers man, they sit on a throne of lies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@sun_pusher: Batman vs Lex Luthor on Justice League Dark also known as magic tittle? Maybe it is Forever Evil Tittle, Justice League Dark is dealing with Blight, FE Gotham War is about Batman Rogues at war each other, JL is about Cyborg, JLA about Stargirl and Manhunter, FE Rogues is about Flash Rogues and FE A.R.G.U.S about Steve Trevor and A.R.G.U.S. The obivious that only be Forever Evil Tittle.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By manwithoutshame

@sun_pusher: In this issue Sea King returned from the dead and gave the JLD a massive beatdown, how is that a lie?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Really nice twist with Sea King and the reveal in this issue. Also interested in seeing what Phantom Stranger is up to in the next issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.