Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2015 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

Eight People Who Could Become the Next Juggernaut

• 86 results
    d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Would it make more sense for a villain or a hero to get it? I'm thinking the X-Men could use a new(ish) villain more than another hero. Unless it turns a hero into a villain, then all bets are off.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
    Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think Jinn would make a really cool Jugernaut, with Pyrokentic power and all

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Cain Because he is in my mind the real Juggernaut.

But if they give it to another character I think crossbones would be the coolest choice. I think he'd make a good juggernaut.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Give it back to Cain Marko.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If one of the Nova corp got the gem, could they fly through planets?

Lol that would really wreck havoc in the universe, leaving Cyttorak extremely pleased to the point that that Nova will remain his eternal avatar.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know storm is out of the picture. she is to powerful as is. but, it would be nice for her to have that awesome power. i think man killer should wield it.

kenshiroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to bring back Cain for a point of assertion because he is the truly and the only one Juggernaut, but I don't think this writer (Christopher Yost) would recant to put someone different as Cyttorak's avatar so my bet would be Tom Black Cassidy.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dotwilson
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebelpunk13 said:

what about J2, Juggy's son. Total badass with hes 90's grunge flannel tied around hes waist and doc martens
    what about J2, Juggy's son. Total badass with hes 90's grunge flannel tied around hes waist and doc martens

Sadly, the M2 Universe doesn't count and when I interviewed Yost about this story, months ago, I asked him about J2 and got this response:

CV: Fun question: Is there any way you would ever bring J2 over to the 616 universe and would he still have a flannel tied around his waist?

YOST: No. But if I did, he’d have the flannel. And I’d simultaneously bring over Hipster Juggernaut from the 25825H universe and have them fight.

Wait who is the Hipster Juggernaut? I googled 25825H universe and nothing came up.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably going to be Cain again, Storm is already extremely buffed now, she will not receive anything before someone removes the Black Vortex power from her.

Storm has the black vortex power now too? Last i saw it was just Angel, Beast and Gamora

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentofchaos1:

Cain will always be the best juggernaut

Agreed. But for the sake of full disclosure, I only opened this article to see who "Diversity" (formerly Marvel) Comics had on this list. You know, to see which females were on it and to see which of them were guaranteed to get the Gem in this company's latest publicity stunt.

The next Juggernaut will be a chick. I'd be almost willing to bet a mortgage payment on it. And I'm not even a gambler. Never even purchased a lottery ticket from the corner 7-11, but I'd bet on this though...

Avatar image for rootingforthebadguy
    RootingForTheBadGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Take your feelings elsewhere. I wanna see Crossbones whoop the Hulkz azz. :P

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Crossbones would have very interesting potential.

^^^^this.

Hyena_Lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a depowered mutant get the gem!! Someone not known for brute strength and maybe not even from a relevant team.

At this point it really feels like Cain Marko is the new Eddie Brock. The will he, won't he, get the gem/symbiote back storyline is really getting tired. If marvel does give us a new Juggy, chances are it will fall back into Cain Marko's possession anyway.

Diversity just isn't Marvel's strong suit, people can say that a lot of choices have taken place recently, to appease fans asking for diversity, but when it just a re-tooling (putting said diverse role in the SAME role previously held by a depowered hero), it makes for poor plots and weak characters.

Rolls7royce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Crossbones would make an interesting choice, the Juggernaut has always been more of an X-Men enemy/ally. I don't think they would remove Crossbones as a Captain America villain. It's probably the unseen guy or Cain Marko.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hoping for Man Killer, it would be nice to see more of the ex Thunderbolts *cough* Songbird *cough*.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Just read it, didn't see that coming.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones is an interesting choice

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mostly I want Cain Marko back. I always loved him as the Juggernaut. At second place I'll pick Crossbones.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would happen if the hulk found it?

AZTERIX_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want Crossbones, or Wolverine to have it. Although I recognize the latter is currently "dead". Crazy psychos would be fun on the mantle.

Avatar image for a-pack-of-bandits
    A-Pack-Of-Bandits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I think it's going to go to Cain, but I'd love to see Rockslide get it!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cain Marko is getting it back.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a female would be cool, just for all the Juggy jokes to make, but they'd probly ruin it by making her all super muscular & gross looking. They should make her be some over looked, ignored , mousy, plain-jane who gets the gem& become a really hot blonde piece of ass with big juggs. Retcon it so they find out that all the user does is looks like how they think they should look, Cain being an insecure little nobody who finlly has big magical muscles.

But no, no one cares unless Cain is Juggy, no one cares if anyone else is Venom other than Eddie. Every movies will always have either Cain as Juggy or Eddie as Venom. & Marvel & DC need to realize these brief costume changes never work.

Anyone hating the new Thor because its a chick is wrong, you SHOULD be against her because Thor is was, & always will be Thor. I'm sure Artemis would still be around if they didnt try & pretend she was Wonder woman. Because she never was. Just like Hal & Barry is, was, & always will be GL & Flash.

But hey, have the real Thor get the Hammer back, & have the blonde chick go around just taking & using everyones powers until they take them back, & NEVER reveal who she actually is. Use the "controversy" of her being a FAKE & a PRETENDER & like Joker, never give her a back story. She's just some Hot piece of ass who cosplays until the real person returns.

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones would make an awesome Juggernaut!

Hittmidor-3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Cain!

Pistolwhip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pistolwhip1

Crossbones, or Cain. Although, as mentioned before..a female Juggernaut would be interesting to see. However, from what I have learned about Cyttorak there are is one thing that you have to consider; will said avatars powers mesh well? Do they draw powers from another source that is compatible? We see that Cyttorak doesn't like to share his avatar with others if their goals aren't the same -- like when he took away his powers from Cain when he got power ups from the Uni-Power, and the Serpent. He allowed Colossus to have both his, and the Phoenix Force because they both are tied in with the aspect of destruction.

As for other candaities not mentioned I would like to see are:

Jaime Mardox, Boom Boom, Deadpool (Not really, but would be a funny one off before handing the power over to Cain.)

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
    deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: ?_? what? does storm have new powers or is it just her weather control power has been greatly improved like phoenix greatly improving jean grey's tk?

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: ?_? what? does storm have new powers or is it just her weather control power has been greatly improved like phoenix greatly improving jean grey's tk?

We don't know yet, she just had a vision about what he could do now (She saw herself busting a planet). But it's surely a huge buff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: :( No they can't make storm godly since she would end up never being seen again. What kind of huge buff do you think she will get and how long do you think she will have it? i personally feel she should stay as a planetary threat but maybe should get a new mutation like plant control.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: :( No they can't make storm godly since she would end up never being seen again. What kind of huge buff do you think she will get and how long do you think she will have it? i personally feel she should stay as a planetary threat but maybe should get a new mutation like plant control.

It's from the Black Vortex Saga, she wasn't the only one buffed, I doubt that she will keep the buff, maybe only a few of them will retain theirs. From what we know, the buff is "Power Cosmic" in nature, something similar to the proccess that Galactus uses to create Heralds, like the Silver Surfer. Nobody there have enough feats to show what the extent of the buff, but I'm pretty sure that they are at least planet busters now.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: :( Does storm still have her weather powers? and who is that water / ice looking lady with long hair? :/

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: :( Does storm still have her weather powers? and who is that water / ice looking lady with long hair? :/

She still have them, but amplified to a cosmic level. And I don't remember now who she is, I'm not with the issue right here, but it's pretty much the Guardians of the Galaxy + X-Men + Nova (Sam)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jubilee.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ShenLong

Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.