Follow

Judge Dredd

Character » Judge Dredd appears in 3992 issues.

In the dystopian post-apocalyptic future of the 22nd century, crime runs rampant in Mega-City One. Here the people are policed by the Judges, elite cops prepared to do whatever it takes to keep the peace, even if it means sentencing criminals to death on the spot. And the most feared of all the Judges is Judge Dredd.

New 'Dredd' Movie Stills Show Off Suits, Splatter, and No Smiles

• 86 results
    Avatar image for alex_tides145210
    Alex_Tides145210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Alex_Tides145210

I don't know... the helmet looks odd but they're trying to duplicate a comic. the thing i'm having a hard time with is the way they're holding the guns

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By LaserLambert

it doesn't even look like they could get it centered on his head right... the first picture looks passable, but the last one looks silly.

tricache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By tricache

Wow I was a massive fan of the comic series but I just don't think they are translate them over into film...and yes that helmet is horrible!!

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By vicsrealms

How can it be a Judge Dredd movie without Stalone in it? ~grin~ That's Karl Urban?!! He looks silly in that huge helmet.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By damswedon

@spiderbat87 said:

@buzz_clik said:

@spiderbat87: You just made my goddamn day with this information. VERY COOL, MR URBAN.

To be totally honest, I didn't know they were making a Dredd movie until a few days ago; I've really fallen off the 2000 AD fanboy cart, haven't I? But all this has reminded me that I don't have an avatar on CV, so I'mma plug in my Super Deformed Strontium Dog and fly my 2000 AD flag!

Yea I'm going to have to start reping as well

Is this the start of a Squaxx dek Thargo uprising?

Regas13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Regas13

@NightFang: lol it wouldn't help, theres no chin strap, rendering it useless and completely stupid looking.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Fantasgasmic

I never thought I'd say this, but the Stalone movie looks better (costume wise that is).

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NightFang3

@Regas13 said:

@NightFang: lol it wouldn't help, theres no chin strap, rendering it useless and completely stupid looking.

Lol, okay you got me on that one.

marvelman2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By marvelman2099

im not sure ummmmm ya idk what to say o.o whats up with the giant helmet?

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By nappystr8

Do I spy Olivia Thirlby? That is reason enough to go see this movie.

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By Sobe Cin

Who's the blonde girl next to Dread?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CATPANEXE

I could go into my feelings about the industry being complacent with selling us reboots and the same thing over and over repainted as opposed to making new ideas and tapping ventures that haven't yet for if anything the sake artistic evolution, but been there done that and I'm sure anyone can come up with in there own mind the same. In other news Robocop is also being revamped. That, and " I YAM THE LAH! ". Screw this, give me a Lobo movie, or anything I haven't already seen please...what's that? Star Episode I is in theaters? Let me go to the ATM and let's do this thing! I already paid good money and saw that film over fifty time but what else is there to watch?

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Chane
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Eyz

I dunno for you, but it looks like Urban's wearing the too-big-for-his-head-helmet Sylvester Stallone used in the original back in 1995...

That or they planned to have another actor originally, with a much larger head and went ahead and built that helmet for another guy...

A bit awkward. I mean, check it back, above!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The helmet looks pathetic, but at least it covers Karl "Worst Actor Ever" Urban's face. 

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#66  Edited By Green ankh

Brandon Frasier is the worst actor alive

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Daycrawler

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Olivia Thirlby can be my judge, jury and executioner any day@NightFang said:

@Regas13 said:

Lol, okay you got me on that one.

It's glued to Dredd's head, hence why he doesn't take it off and why he doesn't need a chin strap. The glued helmet was a result of an accident during his first bust as a rookie with Rico at a mob-run glue factory where they were turning Fatties into glue.

Avatar image for notoriousmistersims
    notoriousmistersims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could be a good film but dat helmet reminds me of spaceballs great film too but not the same as a dredd film dat helmet could kill this film imo

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#69  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @damswedon said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@buzz_clik said:

@spiderbat87: You just made my goddamn day with this information. VERY COOL, MR URBAN.

To be totally honest, I didn't know they were making a Dredd movie until a few days ago; I've really fallen off the 2000 AD fanboy cart, haven't I? But all this has reminded me that I don't have an avatar on CV, so I'mma plug in my Super Deformed Strontium Dog and fly my 2000 AD flag!

Yea I'm going to have to start reping as well

Is this the start of a Squaxx dek Thargo uprising?

Yea, come join?
    BatClaw89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BatClaw89
    @notoriousmistersims said:

could be a good film but dat helmet reminds me of spaceballs great film too but not the same as a dredd film dat helmet could kill this film imo

So True.
    Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Herx said:

The 1995 film was a stalone film. You watched it to see stalone.

This is a dredd Film. You watch it to see dredd.

cant wait.

This

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By GC8

The helmet is huge in the comics, this is part of the problem here - in order to avoid comparisons to the first film, they're going for more 'gritty'. But Judge Dredd comics aren't just 'gritty' there's a lot of humor to them too - some of that comes in the form of the Judges' costumes - ridiculously oversized badges, giant boots and helmets, etc. If they try to go straight 'gritty' and incorporate the look of the comics, you get - cool sci-fi costume, ridiculously oversized helmet to match the helmet of the comics. It's a mismatch. Frankly, I'm a little scared. Unless the movie includes lines like 'Gaze into the face of Death' / 'Gaze into the fist of Dredd!' or 'Judge Fish will now announce our new law' / 'Bloop', it won't be Judge Dredd.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#73  Edited By BatWatch

People think this looks good? It looks like a B movie from what little I've seen.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By spystreak

I'll reserve my judgement for when the trailers launch

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Eyz said:

I dunno for you, but it looks like Urban's wearing the too-big-for-his-head-helmet Sylvester Stallone used in the original back in 1995...

That or they planned to have another actor originally, with a much larger head and went ahead and built that helmet for another guy...

A bit awkward. I mean, check it back, above!

The helmet is actually quite larger, in fact, due to padding and fitting. Stallone's helmet almost seemed to be fitted for Jason Frank (the Green Ranger) and didn't meld well with the rest of the film. Say Urban bangs this out without removing the helmet. So really, by all rights, the helmet being rather large (although nothing like the Stallone film) still doesn't account for the malformed nature of his, now does it?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Stallone era was a mistake just as Bill Bixby was for the Hulk. Yes, it did shape things. But there are certain elements in their portrayals I can live without very easily. Judge Dredd was more or less a sequel to Demolition Man if the comics weren't considered.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By buzz_clik

@PsychoKnights said:

People think this looks good? It looks like a B movie from what little I've seen.

I don't see why the two concepts have to be mutually exclusive; I was well amped for the Death Race remake because it looked like a cheap 'n' nasty action B-ride, and it didn't disappoint me.

Christ, now I have to go watch Death Race again.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By buzz_clik

Man, I've been so caught up in Urban and his potential dedication to keeping the helmet on that it's taken me ages to realise that Olivia Thirlby is obviously supposed to be Anderson! And yup, just looked it up and she is. So that's pretty cool.

God, I hope this film turns out to be okay. I'm kicking myself that I haven't been abreast of all this new movie stuff. I guess that's what happens when you stop buying the comic, huh? I'm sure it's been all over the pages of each prog for months now.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#79  Edited By dewboy01

This new judge dredd looks as better as Christan Bale's batman.

LuffyDUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#80  Edited By LuffyDUzumaki

Why are people complaining about the Helmet isn't it supposed to be that big?

RunnerGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RunnerGuy

Man, that new Judge Dredd goes hard to the paint! He looks Hoss!!! His gear he has on looks more like armor than a uniform with teflon underneath. I thought the Judge Dredd suit was appropiate for the 90's movie, but for the Judge Dredd movie of the 2000's, the suit looks like a legitimate suit of armor for an enforcer such as Dredd. And about the halmet. man it looks pimp to me, cause man, if your gonna be banging heads in the street then man, your gonna need somethin that can take some knockin. That's why I'm sayin, the armor looks more legit, like somethin you'd actually see in the streets.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @RunnerGuy said:

Man, that new Judge Dredd goes hard to the paint! He looks Hoss!!! His gear he has on looks more like armor than a uniform with teflon underneath. I thought the Judge Dredd suit was appropiate for the 90's movie, but for the Judge Dredd movie of the 2000's, the suit looks like a legitimate suit of armor for an enforcer such as Dredd. And about the halmet. man it looks pimp to me, cause man, if your gonna be banging heads in the street then man, your gonna need somethin that can take some knockin. That's why I'm sayin, the armor looks more legit, like somethin you'd actually see in the streets.

I agree, same with the helmet. Normal helmets that police and soldiers have are quite bulky like that. It's not a fashion statement, it's about protection. 
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

MrErbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MrErbac

Looks cool. I don't understand the complaint about the helmet. It looks just like the comics. The comics version is no smaller than how they have it here. It looks awesome. I did enjoy the Stallone Dredd, except that he didn't wear the helmet enough. Good to hear Urban won't be taking it off in this one.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#85  Edited By Joygirl

Pretty lady. :3

Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86  Edited By Watcherg6

@Herx: I forgive them for what they Did, but i'm sure they won't make the same shot this time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.