Judge Dredd Megazine 434 is out now!
As well as working as a warning about a future society being ruled by a militarised polise force, the Judge Dredd strip has also presented a twenty-second century in which the planet is irrevocably scarred by nuclear war and environmental collapse.
The Cursed Earth is an irradiated wasteland, the Black Atlantic polluted to the point where any life within it is severely mutated, and most produce is now synthetically created. It’s a bleak vision of a post-apocalyptic Earth, and if we want to stop it becoming a reality we all need to play a part in preventing climate change.
Paul Goodenough’s Rewriting Extinction project is the latest to draw attention to the crisis with a massive comic-book populated by three hundred writers, artists, activists and film-makers, from Alan Moore to Ricky Gervais. You can find out more about the initiative within this Meg.
Elsewhere, we have the return of Gordon Rennie and Lee Carter’s Angel Gang reimagining Angelic, plus Dredd, Devlin Waugh, Diamond Dogs and The Returners, plus interviews with two writers from very different publishing eras – 2000 AD and Action sub-editor Roy Preston, and up-and-comer Ram V. Enjoy!
Cover: Cliff Robinson - Dylan Teague
- Judge Dredd - Project Providence (Part Two) (Rory McConville - Staz Johnson)
- Diamond Dogs - II (Part 04) (James Peaty - Warren Pleece)
- Angelic - Restitution (:One:) (Gordon Rennie - Lee Carter)
- The Returners - Amazonia (Part 3) (Si Spencer - Nicolo Assirelli)
- Devlin Waugh - The Reckoning (Part Three) (Ales Kot - Mike Dowling)
Graphic Novel - 2000 AD Encyclopedia Part Five (O - R) (Scott Montgomery)