Judge Dredd Megazine 428 is out now!
Welcome to the first Megazine of 2021, and I’m sure we’re all hoping that, outside of the comic, this year’s a decided improvement on the last.
Inside these pages of course, it’s more of the same high-octane thrillers that you’ve come to expect, with the latest instalments of Megatropolis, Dreadnoughts, Deliverance and The Returners, plus a one-off Judge Dredd story from Ken Niemand and Patrick Goddard!
To coincide with the release this month of his memoir King’s Reach: 25 Years at the Top of Comics, former 2000 AD publishing director John Sanders gets the Interrogation treatment courtesy of Stephen Jewell, and he talks about his fascination with picture-strips, the brutal realities of the ‘hatch, match and despatch’ policy, and managing a vast portfolio of titles during a period that saw a cultural shift in the way that newsstand comics are consumed.
The management of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic has been often derided in the past over thorny issues such as rights and royalties so it makes for interesting reading to hear his side of the debate and his side of the debate and his thoughts on why 2000 AD survived!
Cover: Ben Willsher
- Judge Dredd - The Night Flyer (Kenneth Niemand - Patrick Goddard)
- Megatropolis (Part Five) (Kenneth Niemand - Dave Taylor)
- Dreadnoughts - Breaking Ground (Part Five) (Mike Carroll - John Higgins)
- The Returners - Heartswood (Part 5) (Si Spencer - Nicolo Assirelli)
- Deliverance (Part Five) (David Hine - Nick Percival)
Graphic Novel - 2000 AD Encyclopedia Part Three (F - G) (Scott Montgomery)