Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3021 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

My thoughts and your's on the current character of Jubilee

redsonjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By redsonjustin

I'll admit something, up until recently I had never really liked Jubilee. She always came off as annoying to me in the nineties series, this changed when I rediscovered her in the comics and saw her current arc as a vampire and the different things she has had to deal with because of this transformation. She is now one of my favorite X-Men and I think she is interesting now. Has anyone else had this same experience with her?

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Remi

Sucky sucky like always.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

Stake her.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

Back in the nineties I liked a lot Jubilee but now as a vampire she sucks.

Avatar image for captainsalamander
    CaptainSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainSalamander

She was interesting and cool when she was Jubilee. This whole vampire story? Stupid. Someone should tell Marvel to wrap it up already and to bring the real Jubilee back.

redsonjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By redsonjustin

@CaptainSalamander: I agree, this has dragged out a little too long.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I really loved Jubilee in the 90s, but I really don't like this vampire arc since it's not really necessary.  I hope that Jubilee shows up more in the comics since she seems to be shafted so much in the comics recently.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Jubilee becoming a Vampire was the only shot she had at becoming a "relevant" X-Character, if only for a while, it was either that, or damnation to Limbo. Becoming a Vampire is the best thing to happen to her since M-Day.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

I like her a lot more as a vampire. Her power to shoot pretty looking energy was boring to begin with considering there is only a million other characters with energy blast abilities. Now at least she's more unique and interesting.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Rumble Man

Some characters look better with cleavage, some characters dont

I miss my brash flat chested tomboyish care free energy blaster character

redsonjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By redsonjustin

@Teerack: True.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sinestro2828

@CaptainSalamander said:

She was interesting and cool when she was Jubilee. This whole vampire story? Stupid. Someone should tell Marvel to wrap it up already and to bring the real Jubilee back.

I agree, turning Jubilee into a vampire was NOT the right way to bring her back into the story, just make her human again and give her back her mutant powers and have her teach mutant kids like the other X-Men do >_<

I grew up with Jubilee as a kid and I can't believe they'd do this to any X-Men character, as if anyone could take her seriously as de-powered mutant turned vampire, its just too ridiculous and over the top even for Marvel comics. It was fine for the vampire saga, but they should have cured her after it was over (doesn't Blade actually HAVE a cure for vampirism?)

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Madame_Mist

They could have given her a great arc, but it's just ludicrous. I rather her have a heroic death or show that their is hope beyond being an X-Man for Mutants.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel took a character that a lot of people had fondness for due to her ties to Wolverine and of course the 90's X-Men cartoon and butchered it. She was pretty much AWOL throughout the 2000's except for small cameos and meaningless appearances, then turned into a mopey vampire in the 2010's to try to tie her into the vampire craze.

Jubilee should have been the first pick for a writer to include on a Young X-Men style book as their adviser / counselor. All her time as the baby of the team ( Gen X or X-Men) would make her so very suited to understanding the frustrations they would be going through. She is young enough for them to relate to and experienced enough that she would be listened to.

CaptainSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Jubilee becoming a Vampire was the only shot she had at becoming a "relevant" X-Character, if only for a while, it was either that, or damnation to Limbo. Becoming a Vampire is the best thing to happen to her since M-Day.

Actually, no, it wasn't. There was the issue in Girl Comics that showed her bonding with Wolverine, and even Wondra and the New Warriors story was better than the vampire arc.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@CaptainSalamander said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Actually, no, it wasn't. There was the issue in Girl Comics that showed her bonding with Wolverine, and even Wondra and the New Warriors story was better than the vampire arc.

Actually, yeah, it was. The New Warriors obviously wasn't raking in the money as Marvel might have hoped it would of, as good of a series as it was, it was cancelled and shut-down for a reason, yes, Wondra was an amazing re-incarnation but evidently wasn't good enough to be used by later writers, or even acknowledged. Marvel obviously has a strict rule about re-powering mutants, Jubilation, didn't fit that bill, sadly, so they decided to go for the alternative, turning her into a Vampire which was the only shot she had at becoming relevant again. We've already got a character who was de-powered as a result of M-Day but has managed to find themself back into the welcoming arms of a fully powered mutant-team (Rictor in X-Factor, who is the only mutant to have been re-powered since M-Day, NOT Jubilee), adding Jubilee to the pile would be asinine, they needed something else, becoming a Vampire was the better, and wiser option.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @AgeofHurricane said:

Actually, yeah, it was. The New Warriors obviously wasn't raking in the money as Marvel might have hoped it would of, as good of a series as it was, it was cancelled and shut-down for a reason, yes, Wondra was an amazing re-incarnation but evidently wasn't good enough to be used by later writers, or even acknowledged. Marvel obviously has a strict rule about re-powering mutants, Jubilation, didn't fit that bill, sadly, so they decided to go for the alternative, turning her into a Vampire which was the only shot she had at becoming relevant again. We've already got a character who was de-powered as a result of M-Day but has managed to find themself back into the welcoming arms of a fully powered mutant-team (Rictor in X-Factor, who is the only mutant to have been re-powered since M-Day, NOT Jubilee), adding Jubilee to the pile would be asinine, they needed something else, becoming a Vampire was the better, and wiser option.

I don't think the idea of Wondra wasn't good enough to be used any further. I think New Warriors didn't work out because people would rather have those characters with their powers back. It wouldn't be asinine to repower Jubilee. Marvel has overturned the details of most of their events any way, why would House of M be any different? Becoming a Vampire is a far worse idea than repowering her.
    CaptainSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

Well, I can't say that I'm watching Marvel's titles very closely, but I think you're missing something there. For example, Chamber. Former member of Generation X, same as Jubilee, depowered by M-Day, same as Jubilee, part of the New Warriors, same as Jubilee... and now he's got his powers back, and I've heard that he's part of Wolverine's team. And there were other re-powered mutants, too, like Quicksilver, and Magneto, and Iceman (they said he just had a "mental block", though), not just Rictor. What I'm saying is that Marvel obviously COULD do better with Jubilee, and they should, too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Vance Astro said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

I don't think the idea of Wondra wasn't good enough to be used any further. I think New Warriors didn't work out because people would rather have those characters with their powers back. It wouldn't be asinine to repower Jubilee. Marvel has overturned the details of most of their events any way, why would House of M be any different? Becoming a Vampire is a far worse idea than repowering her.

Either way, the concept of Wondra was ignored by Kathryn Immonen and Marjorie Liu, two out of three writers who could have touched on the concept but chose not to, especially Kathryn. That, and they didn't market it (NW) to the correct audience. I never said that, i said it would be asinine to put Jubilee in the same position as Rictor was, she just couldn't fit in and the current X-Writers are incappable of pulling of such a feat, she'd be renderred background piece.

Read what i said, don't take it too seriously, though, they've got a strict rule, since Wanda's return, they've refused to re-power any de-powered mutant other than Rictor, Jubilee's obviously not that important (in their eyes) to be given such treatment, i'm not saying HoM is something that cannot be overturned, but obviously, Marvel is deliberately NOT doing it. Becoming a Vampire is a much more better choice than staying irrelevant in the depths of limbo for the millenia to come.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@CaptainSalamander said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Well, I can't say that I'm watching Marvel's titles very closely, but I think you're missing something there. For example, Chamber. Former member of Generation X, same as Jubilee, depowered by M-Day, same as Jubilee, part of the New Warriors, same as Jubilee... and now he's got his powers back, and I've heard that he's part of Wolverine's team. And there were other re-powered mutants, too, like Quicksilver, and Magneto, and Iceman (they said he just had a "mental block", though), not just Rictor. What I'm saying is that Marvel obviously COULD do better with Jubilee, and they should, too.

Indeed. I was also annoyed by the fact that Jubilee was in the same AoX reality that Chamber supposedly got his powers back from, but as you can see, they know where she stands in the big scheme of things and obviously wasn't good enough for "re-powered material", they could have had Jubilee re-powered over Rictor in The Childrens Crusade, but they did not. They could, but they're choosing not to, they chose something else, and, have evidently not thought it through, it was still the wiser option, i for one, don't see what she could have done without powers or where she could have at least been featured.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @AgeofHurricane said:

Either way, the concept of Wondra was ignored by Kathryn Immonen and Marjorie Liu, two out of three writers who could have touched on the concept but chose not to, especially Kathryn. That, and they didn't market it (NW) to the correct audience.

I know. I'm just saying, there's was nothing wrong with the idea that caused this to my knowledge.

@AgeofHurricane said:

I never said that, i said it would be asinine to put Jubilee in the same position as Rictor was, she just couldn't fit in and the current X-Writers are incappable of pulling of such a feat, she'd be renderred background piece.

I misinterpreted your post. My mistake. 

@AgeofHurricane said:

Read what i said, don't take it too seriously, though, they've got a strict rule, since Wanda's return, they've refused to re-power any de-powered mutant other than Rictor, Jubilee's obviously not that important (in their eyes) to be given such treatment, i'm not saying HoM is something that cannot be overturned, but obviously, Marvel is deliberately NOT doing it. Becoming a Vampire is a much more better choice than staying irrelevant in the depths of limbo for the millenia to come.

It's a ridiculous rule, coming from Marvel of all publishers. You can kill off at least one character a year..just to bring them back..but not repower mutants? I would personally rather they killed Jubilee than make her a vampire. 
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Vance Astro said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Either way, the concept of Wondra was ignored by Kathryn Immonen and Marjorie Liu, two out of three writers who could have touched on the concept but chose not to, especially Kathryn. That, and they didn't market it (NW) to the correct audience.

I know. I'm just saying, there's was nothing wrong with the idea that caused this to my knowledge.

@AgeofHurricane said:

I never said that, i said it would be asinine to put Jubilee in the same position as Rictor was, she just couldn't fit in and the current X-Writers are incappable of pulling of such a feat, she'd be renderred background piece.

I misinterpreted your post. My mistake.

@AgeofHurricane said:

It's a ridiculous rule, coming from Marvel of all publishers. You can kill off at least one character a year..just to bring them back..but not repower mutants? I would personally rather they killed Jubilee than make her a vampire.

Alright, i get you.

Cool

Yes, it is. HoM was put in for a reason, they're obviously adamant on not un-doing what they caused, and if they do make the exception, it's gotta be for "important" characters. I like her being a Vampire, it's nice to see her deal with the urges and such, but given her current position, they obviously didn't realise what they were getting themselves into.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @AgeofHurricane said:

I like her being a Vampire, it's nice to see her deal with the urges and such, but given her current position, they obviously didn't realise what they were getting themselves into.

I just wished Marvel cared more about Vampires. That would probably help characters like Blade. She seems out of place being a Vampire among mutants.
    Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Eclipse-32

For the pity's sake, would they freaking get the message, the fans want a mutant with fireworks, not a vampire.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jhazzroucher

As a member of Storm's Security Recon, I like her vampiric powers. Maybe she could retain her vampiric skills and powers even if she turns back to human someday.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26  Edited By x_29

Shes ruined.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.