Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3015 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Jubilee's Feats/ Who can she beat

Avatar image for malice_wonderland
    Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Malice Wonderland

I've never scene Jubes really own anyone...Even though her powers are cool... Also, who can she beat, because everyone I can think off, save some, are able to take her out in one way or another...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

You mean with her powers, right?

Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Malice Wonderland

yes...I was looking online, and in her image galleries, but I just didn't see anything that stuck out

Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Malice Wonderland

COME ON!!!

Avatar image for son_of_the_northwind
    Son Of The Northwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fireworks... you come on.... best thing thats gonna happen is a 3rd degree burn victim...

Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Malice Wonderland
    @Son Of The Northwind said:
    " It's fireworks... you come on.... best thing thats gonna happen is a 3rd degree burn victim... "
    are you at all familiar with her character...cause if you are then you know how terribly wrong you are
    Son Of The Northwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your talking about Jubilee and not wondra no?

Son Of The Northwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if it entices you here.

Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Malice Wonderland
    @Son Of The Northwind: half of them didn't work...just so you know
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

It was stated that Jubilee had the potential to detonate on sub-atomic level, as far back as the Phalanx Covenant.  However, she was promptly reduced in power in order to justify her role in Generation X. 

I think some of her battles since being depowered were more challenging for her.  But I am sorry not to have seen her in any grander battles.  She was adept at using her powers tactically... but it's not the same as an all-out battle royale.

Son Of The Northwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Malice Wonderland said:
    " @Son Of The Northwind: half of them didn't work...just so you know "
    ... then look at the ones after the initial post?
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Gothic Storm

I've been a fan of Jubilee's for awhile now and it's hard to believe she didn't pick up a bit of fighting knowledge from her best buddy Wolverine. Most writers want to keep her as that little, innocent,  bubble-gum-popping teen who hung out at the mall. They should be writing more about the teen who saved the life of one of the most powerful X-men and fought sided-by-side with the adult X-men for years (not to mention fighting against the deadly Japanese organization known as The Hand). She really doesn't get much credit at all on these boards. Of course, that's a lot of people's faults. In all honesty, I think the real Jubilee (not the reduced power or powerless or Wondra, etc...) could handle herself fairly decent in a one-on-one battle. She was trained by many skilled people you know.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not the reduced power or powerless or Wondra, etc.

? cant agree there. she was majorly upgraded as Wondra. super-strength, could fly,
    durability/shields, better and more diverse projectiles, pym particles, hard light projections, 
    sonic projections, magnetic weapons, sky was the limit. she also became an adult and took command as the leader of the New warriors. NW gave everyone the Jubilee they wanted her to become if they just would have been willing to accept the change in the first place and give it a shot,
    instead of her being the defacto " junior x-girl" and Wolverine sidekick. she was the real Jubilee.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Gothic Storm said:

"I've been a fan of Jubilee's for awhile now and it's hard to believe she didn't pick up a bit of fighting knowledge from her best buddy Wolverine. ost writers want to keep her as that little, innocent,  bubble-gum-popping teen who hung out at the mall."

She ranks highly in your like of favourite comic book chicks ;) 

Most stories forgot about her roots, how she was orphaned & made homeless at such a young age.  She was living in a mall when she stumbled across the X-Men!  Yet it was easier for writers to cover on the glossy & sassy image of an all-American teenager. 

She grew a lot as Wondra, and did show off some of the skills she picked up around Wolvie (and the rest of the X-Men), but I still miss the chance of seeing what 'Jubilee' the X-Man could have grown into.
    Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So....who could she beat...

I mean...not to quote the battles section, but ever battle she's in, she looses...Again, not to quote any of the battles, but I've never scene her in any serious fights that involved another powerful mutant...

Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Intensity
    @Malice Wonderland:
    Wow. I can't believe that no one has been able to come up with people that Jubilee has taken down in combat. I guess I'm the first then... I've contributed to her bio pages on newwarriors.net, marvel.com, comicvine, and wikipedia.... so here goes: 

Jubilee has battled and won against: 
    ---Starting from earliest to most recent----  
    Pre- X-Men
    Mall Rent-a-Cops 
    cybernetic dog in the Australian Outback that belonged to the Reavers (blew it up) 
    The Nanny (in the Australian Outback) 
    Donald Pierce, King of the Hellfire Club- (Australian Outback... buried him under a pile of rocks with her explosions) 
    The Hand Ninja group (in Madripoor) 
    Mandarin (blew up his mansion, which freed Wolverine and Psylocke)  
    Savage Land dinosaur fliers-
    Sentinels (teamed with Wolverine in the Outback) 
    Reno and Molokai- the men who killed her parents (blinded them and beat them unconscious) 

As an X-Man- 
    members of the Shi'ar Galaxy (fought alongside the X-Men, specifically Gambit- big explosions) 
    Sabertooth- (he infiltrated the mansion, fought Jubilee and Bishop, and Jubes took him down with a tazer to the back to save Bishop's life) 
    members of the Phalanx (fought alongside Emma Frost)  
    Sauron- (she was the last X-Man standing and managed to knock him unconscious with a powerful burst of light to his brain... saving the X-Men.)  

During Generation X-
    Emplate round 1 --- taunted him into stealing her powers on purpose... which made him so angry that he blew himself unconscious with her fireworks. 
    Emplate round 2 --- got angry at Emplate for possessing her and some of Gen X... pointed at him with her finger... and blew him unconscious, along with blowing up Proudstar Hall, a large annex to the Gen X Academy. This freed the M twins from their Penance shell. This was also the last time that Emplate tried to mess with Generation X or any X-Character until he reappeared this past year in Necrosha.  
    Brainwashed Rogue/Psylocke- Jubilee managed to blast them each strong enough to knock them down so she could escape with Kitty Pryde and rescue Wolverine from the Viper.
    Bastion- Jubilee thwarted Bastion's attempts at killing the captured X-Men... she freed them, and escaped with one of Bastion's assistants named Daria.  
    Armed Guards in Operation Zero Tolerance- she knocked several unconscious and gave one of them CPR.
    Prime Sentinels- during Operation Zero Tolerance. She fought one to a standstill until Wolverine intervened. 
    Monet St. Croix- they had a very intense fight and the match ended in a tie. 
    Hunter Brawn- the man who hired Reno and Molokai to kill her parents- she hunted him down and blew up his warehouse... and sent him to jail after threatening to burn his skin off.  
    Wolverine as Death Horseman of the Apocalypse- Jubilee saved Archangel from Wolverine with a large fireworks blast that sent him flying into a building. She then talked him down from his rage, which allowed Psylocke to free him from his spell.

During X-Corps-
    The Blob (beat him with help from Husk and Stacy X) 

Back to the X-Men- 
    several random demons while working with the X-Men to save Nightcrawler from Azazel. 
    Mall Rent-A-Cops 

LA 
    Jubilee defeated a crime boss and his men to a standstill while trying to find her teacher's stolen car in Los Angeles 

New Warriors- as Wondra- 
    Grey Gargoyle 
    several members of the Zodiac 
    Machinesmith 
    Night Thrasher- Donyell Taylor- she beat him around until Sofia stopped the fight 
    Super Skrull- she killed him by stomping him to death 

--------------------------- 
    I'm sure I missed a few other fights... but those are the most I could think of Jubilee winning- off the top of my head. Hope this helps clear up the fact that Jubilee can and has kicked butt. 

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @Intensity: Thanks a lot...this is wonderfulness....her wins are so hilarious...you wouldn't have any scans..??
    Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Intensity

Sure- I have a few scans... and no prob:

This is from the issue when Wolverine was Death, the Horseman of the Apocalypse. This is right after Jubilee blasted Logan out of the air when he was trying to kill Archangel. Jubes blasted him, calmed him out of his rage, and then Psylocke wiped his mind clean of Poccy's control.

The next two images are of Jubilee going up against Hunter Brawn... the man she discovered to be responsible for hiring the men who killed her parents. Brawn actually had powers similar to Armor of the X-Men, via the use of technology. Generation X Annual '99.

She defeated him in battle, but spared his life. She redirected her energy blast to blow up his building instead of killing him. 

Jubilee (and Robin from DC,) defeated Two-Face during the Marvel/DC All Access crossover. I forgot to mention this in my previous post. Jubes and Tim switched capes/trenchcoats to trick Harvey... when he went to attack Robin, he was surprised to see that it was Jubilee instead. She heat blast/blinded him in the face... used Robin's bo staff to trip him... and then Robin used his grapple gun to swing kick him off of a building. 

The next two are from Generation X, when Jubes was kidnapped by Bastion during Operation: Zero Tolerance. He wanted to torture her to retrieve information about the X-Men. This was her first escape attempt... in which she woke up in confinement and blasted her way through the Hulkbuster Base.  

This shows that she knocked out several of the OZT soldiers (armed with machine-type guns.) Instead of continuing her escape, she instead gave one of the men CPR... saving his life. This, however, took valuable time which later led to her recapture. 
    The title of this issue is, "The Power, The Fury. Jubilation Lee: Unleashed." 

This is part of Jubilee's battle against Sauron. I don't have the scans of the panels in which she knocks him out cold... but this is just before she does so.

Hope this helps- enjoy :) 
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there was a What If? where she beat Sabretooth. not canon, but they werent written as being powered any different. it was an interesting read in any case. one thing that was notable there was she was no longer holding back and decided to go for the kill.

Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Intensity

I was also going to mention the what if? issue... but decided against it since it isn't canon. 

However, the issue is really good- it basically is the similar storyline where Jubes beats Sabertooth w/a tazer to save Bishop... however... this time she kills him in the danger room.
    forsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By forsake
    @CATMANEXE:   there was a What If? where she beat Sabretooth. not canon, but they werent written as being powered any different. it was an interesting read in any case. one thing that was notable there was she was no longer holding back and decided to go for the kill.

That was a good issue
    forsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By forsake
    @Intensity:  What issue did the fight with Sauron take place?
    Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Intensity

Jubilee battles Sauron in Uncanny X-Men #354
    Timebomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Timebomb
    @Malice Wonderland:
    Man...fewer things in the X Universe pissed me off more than how Jubes' potential was always being slept on. Same with Meltdown.  Nevermind the outwardly destructive potential of their powers, both of 'em should technically be able to blow people up from the inside out.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LT1085

I've seen her seriously f*ck up a walkman on more than one occasion...and don't even let her near a vcr.

forsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By forsake
    @Intensity: 

Thanks
    Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Jubilee can do damage it's just the writers choose not to simple as that.

Hybrid1773

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hybrid1773

You find out that Jubilee's powers are completely tied to her emotions. The simple fact is that she doesn't WANT to kill people, so her powers are weaker against human beings. It's sorta the reason you can see her shatter steel, and yet when she directs her plasmoids at people, she does little than blind or knock them back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.