Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3019 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Jubilee in 2011 -MAJOR SPOILER!!!

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By The_Myth

I found this article at Marvel.com about the Wolverine and Jubilee mini series next year. 

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

NYCC 2010: Wolverine & Jubilee

Kathryn Immonen and Phil Noto continue a saga begun in Curse of the Mutants  

(My thoughts in brackets)

The relationship between the X-Men 's angriest hero, Wolverine , and his oft-time teen protégé Jubilee has proved to be one of the most enduring and interesting in the Marvel Universe. Through triumph and tragedy, they always seemed to be able to count on one another. This January, that may all change in WOLVERINE & JUBILEE: CURSE OF THE MUTANTS #1.

The limited series from writer Kathryn Immonen and artist Phil Noto picks up immediately after the conflict between the mutants and the vampires. For Jubilee, however, there can be no relief.

"Jubilee is a delicious layer cake of anger and fury and guilt and doubt," Immonen lists. "She's a disaster, still a vampire, and back in the hands of the X-Men who are trying really hard to figure out what to do with her because no one is prepared to write her off, but they can't just turn her loose either." 
    (looks like Jubes is going to be a vamp for a bit longer)

The X-Men, and readers, may find this Jubilee nearly unrecognizable.

"Everything that was essentially Jubilee is kind of off the table; maybe," Immonen explains.   "The real question is what's left of Jubilee and is it enough for her to move forward. And directionally, is that towards or away from the X-Men?"

Despite the changes, Marvel's mutants still turn out in droves. Driven by both dedication to one of their own who they have seen grow in so many ways over the years and very aware of the hazard she now represents, they stand prepared to do whatever might be necessary. 
    (indication of more new mutants?)

"Pretty much everybody shows up for her," the writer divulges. "Jubilee is going to find herself surrounded by a lot of different people and groups, all of whom think they know what's best but not necessarily for her. They're trying to save one of their own whether she wants it or not." 
    (hopefully not Blade with a steak)

Even Jubilee's former mentor may not be enough to bring her back from the abyss as their bond looks irrevocably changed.

"The relationship that we're exploring between Wolverine and Jubilee has the potential to be totally heart-breaking," acknowledges Immonen. "Jubilee's going to make some bad decisions and I think that's something Wolverine knows a thing or two about, but additionally, the real change between them is, all things being equal, she's now going to outlive him. And that's not something either of them is prepared for."

To make matters worse, in turns out the X-Men have competition in the struggle for Jubilee's soul. Competition that, combined with the young mutant's own ambivalence about her current situation, could prove very dangerous indeed. 
    (DUN DUN DUN -dramatic beat)

On that matter, Immonen will only tease "Jubilee is made an offer she can't refuse by a group of very enigmatic and very wealthy women and it opens the door to a life she has never even contemplated." 
    (a group of wealthy women? any idea who???)

They may seem all very dire, but the writer assures readers that there will be a balance to the darkness in this story. 
    (good!)

"It's not all chewing nails because Jubilee's also the most unlikely object of affection for a young X-Man who is either the most perfect or the most ill-suited match imaginable-depending on which one you ask,"  she reveals. "We've put together what I think is a really packed story that is gut-wrenching and glamorous."     
    (a possible love intrest for Jubilee? -A Young X-Man- I'm guessing someone like Nate Grey, Cypher, Canonball or Hellion)

So What Are Your Thoughts?

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Huh, I wonder where this is going....

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Thunderscream

even though it's ANOTHER wolverine vehicle, it sounds interesting......I wonder if the mentor/pupil relationship evolves into something more explicit.....eh, i take that back, it'd be pretty creepy

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By roadbuster

The first bolded quote... is the kind of thing I like to spring on my comic-aware but non-reading friends.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I like the idea of getting Jubilee and Logan back together

they were one of my favorite pair ups back in the day

could be very cool

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PumpkinBomb

How is vampire-Jubilee supposed to outlive Wolverine? Isn't he supposed to have an indefinite lifespan?

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Myth

@PumpkinBomb:
    Depends on who is wrighting the story Wolverine's healing factor fluctuates fairly often, including his slowed ageing. I mean look a the story arc Day Of Futures Past, which was set like 30 years in the future, and Wolverine was shown as an old man, BUT if you look at Here Comes Tomorrow, set 150 years in the future Wolvie hasn't changed one bit.

The fact with Jubilee, now a Vamp means she's Undead, meaning she could be around for thousands of years, like Dracula. 
    It just means that Kathryn Immonen    who will be wrighting the mini series believes a Vampire would out live old Logan.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is corny.Abort writing this bullsh#t and make Jubilee a mutant again.Vampire stories are played out at this point.I was corny when they did it Captain Britain & MI13 and it's worse now.X-men is too big to be wasting time on gimmick storylines.As a vampire is not how fans remember or want Jubilee.Give her..her powers back,make a new young X-men team with her as leader and be done with it.All this is..is Marvel using Wolverine to try and make Jubilee popular and it's not going to work because I forsee sub-par writing and lack of interest.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Myth
    @Vance Astro:
    I agree that the use of vampires has definatly ran dry of late, and i was never to happy about jubilee being a vampire. hopefully this series fixes it.
    J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By J1ml33
    @Vance Astro said:
    " This is corny.Abort writing this bullsh#t and make Jubilee a mutant again.Vampire stories are played out at this point.I was corny when they did it Captain Britain & MI13 and it's worse now.X-men is too big to be wasting time on gimmick storylines.As a vampire is not how fans remember or want Jubilee.Give her..her powers back,make a new young X-men team with her as leader and be done with it.All this is..is Marvel using Wolverine to try and make Jubilee popular and it's not going to work because I forsee sub-par writing and lack of interest. "
    agreed I miss the jubilee of the early 90s ,joyful and carefree and full of life . I hate  vampires now because it is a cheep gimmick that people like myself will not ever take anything with them seriously ever again for a long time  , but I wish she never lost her powers to begin with and stayed a mutants ( House of M was a terrible Idea  ) I  loved Grant Morrison`s New X-Men and concepts in it if only it was  indefinite  and was able  to grow and become more interesting  and filled with New Ideals are brave and weird . If I ran the zoo I would have more mutants and keep are  keep everything in a constant state of  creative evolution where New  Ideals would be encouraged and accepted (that is I  was editor and chief  that is but I am an virtual unknown  web cartoonist  with delusions of grandeur  .If I had one wish It would be no more vampires  like what Wanda did after House of M . That`s right No More Vampires (that goes double for the sparkly ones emo-ones too ...!) and I am mad as hell and I am not going  take it  any more !!!! anyone with me (and I am representing  the Vampire Rent is too Damn high !!!) zombie baby tummy  grumbling  , can get a corpse to eat  , working 6-7 hours making minimum wage . The Vampire Rent is Too damn high ..Blade is a judo   expert . He said he would marry a shoe too . 
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

question:do u  know if its on TV  or what  ???

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Myth
    @andrea_mendoza1997:
    It's a mini series, so it's in the comics, a conclusion for Curse of the Mutants for Wolverine and Jubilee.  
    It's not like a sequal for Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon or anything.
    EspressoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EspressoBoy

The love interest is probably Elixer. I'm not sure if I'm keen on Jubilee as a bloodsucker, so maybe... hopefully... the mini ends with him suppressing her hunger for blood, leaving her with the preternatural abilities, or just curing her completely with the side effect of restoring her mutant powers.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By N7_Normandy

Interesting; looking forward to this

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized
    @Vance Astro said:
    " X-men is too big to be wasting time on gimmick storylines."
    Fact.  The X-Men should only be handled by the best, not be tossed over to sub par writers and artist (Fraction, Kat Imm, Land).

Do we still care about Jubilee? Are we really still clamoring for her to have a rise in popularity again? Let's be content that she's seen and heard, instead of being one or the other... Does anyone remember Dust? exactly.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mercy_
    @pixelized said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Fact.  The X-Men should only be handled by the best, not be tossed over to sub par writers and artist (Fraction, Kat Imm, Land).  Do we still care about Jubilee? Are we really still clamoring for her to have a rise in popularity again? Let's be content that she's seen and heard, instead of being one or the other... Does anyone remember Dust? exactly. "
    I almost want to start a petition to get Kyle and Yost on the book. 
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @pixelized: I remember Dust 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By xerox_kitty

Wolverine & Jubilee #2
    Wolverine & Jubilee #2
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pixelized
    @xerox-kitty: Who's that supposed to be next to Storm?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @pixelized: I get the feeling it's some sort of symbollic 'half mutant/half vampire' thing.  You have Wolverine's hand, Cyclops & Storm on the right-hand side... and some vampy looking frilly goths on the left (on her bitten side).  Maybe they're vamped versions of the X-Men?
    RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RLAAMJR

OMG! I'm so happy that jubilee is getting more exposure!",)

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheJokerha

I really like the cover art. I hope the interior art is as good.
    It's almost like Marvel could not think of what to do with Jubilee for a while. She sort of faded , then they took her powers. Then they gave her new powers.
    Making her a vampire could be their way of satisfying her fans who want to see her back.  But not doing a light switch and turning her old powers back on in a "wizard did it" sort of way.  She might end up as a "good vampire" or getting her powers back and being a human-mutation like she used to be. Or maybe just dusted or have her becoming a total villain. But no matter which fate they pick for her, it will feel more organic and earned. Shes till has fans out there, me being one of them.

Avatar image for grand_marvelous
    Grand Marvelous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Grand Marvelous
    @pixelized said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Fact.  The X-Men should only be handled by the best, not be tossed over to sub par writers and artist (Fraction, Kat Imm, Land).  Do we still care about Jubilee? Are we really still clamoring for her to have a rise in popularity again? Let's be content that she's seen and heard, instead of being one or the other... Does anyone remember Dust? exactly. "
    Dust was never as popular as Jubilee.That's not a good comparison.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized
    @Grand Marvelous said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Dust was never as popular as Jubilee.That's not a good comparison. "
    I wasn't comparing the two, just showing that there's a large number of X-Men that are background.
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @pixelized said:
    " @Grand Marvelous said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Dust was never as popular as Jubilee.That's not a good comparison. "hey
    I wasn't comparing the two, just showing that there's a large number of X-Men that are background. "
    Yeah but Dust was never more then second string so its fine for her to stay there.  Jubilee was an amazing character that they jsut got bored with after Gen X ended.  They bounced her around a bit and then jsut gave up.  So i think this vampire thing is a great way to do something great.  Even if she is a villain for a while.  And I totally agree with TheJokahHa about not just giving her back her powers (which stopped being fun after Magneto...and Professor X....and Quicksilver...and Polaris) and COME ON...that Wondra crap was, well...crap :)  I am very excited to see how they handle vampire Jubilee after the dust settles from the battle with Dracula and Xarus
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized
    @Gold Dust Boi said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @Grand Marvelous said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Dust was never as popular as Jubilee.That's not a good comparison. "hey
    I wasn't comparing the two, just showing that there's a large number of X-Men that are background. "
    Yeah but Dust was never more then second string so its fine for her to stay there.  Jubilee was an amazing character that they jsut got bored with after Gen X ended.  They bounced her around a bit and then jsut gave up.
    So because Jubilee was big in the 90's she should be big forever? No wonder why Dust was only, "Second String."

I personally don't care too much about Jubilee's adventures, I just don't feel that so much energy should be put into a character who's time has come and gone, trying to bring her back to her former glory days. Kitty Pryde is another whose relevance is also fading, so those, second tier characters should be given more time to shine.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skaddix

Dust never did anything of note except own some purifiers she was not even prominent in NXM. 

Anyway I hope to see GEnX references and I am pissed that Rockslide is showing up to hit on Jubes seriously why is that overexposed thing knockoff get so much panel time. He doesnt fit in this serious at all, Jubes has only met him at most once. What about Husk? Monet? Chamber? Shane Shooter? Seriously, characters she actually has a relationship with Frost and Logan fit, Rockslide does not.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Mr. Mercury

I read Wolverine and Jubilee last night, I can't wait to see where this goes! Immonen and Noto are doing wonderful with her

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Myth
    @Mr. Mercury:
    I just got the issue today and i have to say that i'm liking what i've read so far, although rockslide is a pain in the ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.