Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 490 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

Whedon Deaths

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT

We all know Joss Whedon can write a character off with style, especially when you least expect it. I guess that is probably why we can't get enough of him!   

In your opinion, which deaths in the Whedonverse were the most memorable?  
    (Including: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse, Angel, Firefly, Dr.Horrible, ect...)

In My Opinion: Winifred Burkle (turning into Illyria), Hoban Washburne(since it was so sudden, and totally uncalled for), Wesley Wyndam-Price (because he was my favourite character on Angel) & Allen Francis Doyle (Best self sacrifice ever, but worst timing). I don't include Buffy's deaths as most memorable to me, because she died more than once, and honestly you just knew she would come back to life - even though the second death spawned a pretty good plot and without it we wouldn't of had OMWF.    
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @COINRETURNSLOT:
    Joss's deaths are all memorable for different reasons.....
    I think Tara's death was the most heartwrentching.....after all they finally found their way back to each other only for her to die!

Buffy Killing Angel at the end of season 2 is also a highlight :)
    Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
    Craig Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Craig Lovecraft

Doyle's death stands out because it was completely out of nowhere. Cordy dying was sad because she was my favorite female character in Buffy and Angel. As awesome as Wes was, I wasn't that sad when he died because he was reunited with Fred. Also, Anya's death stands out to me because of how stupid it was.

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT
    @Craig Lovecraft:  
    Cordys demise was very sad in my opinion. Even though we didn't actually see her die, I think it was the whole thing with Angel and the fact that she did to Angel what Doyle did to her.  I wasn't extremely sad when Wes died either (even though he was my favourite) but I found his dying moments with Illyria to be very memorable.  I thought Anya's death was stupid too.

@Ryonslaught:
    I have to agree with you, all Whedon deaths are memorable, and I also agree with you on Tara. I still wish to this day that she wasn't killed off,   I didn't like Willow with Kennedy after... It just seemed wrong to me. & Yesss!  Becoming Part Two was extremely memorable. 
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hunter114

It's funny because I'm watching Serenity and Wash just got killed... but I think that one of the most important deaths was Buffy's mother, maybe it wasn't necessarily memorable, but the aftermath of it all in the episode was pretty well played out - even if Alyson Hannigan was having an allergic reaction at the time.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian
    @Hunter114 said:
    " It's funny because I'm watching Serenity and Wash just got killed... but I think that one of the most important deaths was Buffy's mother, maybe it wasn't necessarily memorable, but the aftermath of it all in the episode was pretty well played out - even if Alyson Hannigan was having an allergic reaction at the time. "
    I was about to say about Buffy's mother as well. You beat me to it.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

The death of Buffy's mother really made me cry. It was just so emotional and everyone's reactions to it was so realistic and heartbreaking that I found myself crying with them, especially Anya's reaction to her death.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

The episode where Buffy's mom dies still chokes me up a bit to this day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.