Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 490 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

Joss Whedon Says No Dollhouse Comics

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    The Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics have always done well.  Fans of the show just can't get enough.  When Joss Whedon took more control over the current 'Season 8' comic, things just got better.  He told IF Magazine that a comic based on his new show, "Dollhouse" wouldn't be likely.
    There won’t be one,” says Whedon. “The science fiction of this is much more science. It’s mostly actors, acting differently. It’s not something you need to see drawn. There is a CSI comic book, so anything could have a comic book I guess.”
    Is anyone reading the CSI comic?  I don't think my local comic shop is carrying it if it's still being put out.

The good news for Whedon/Buffy fans is there are plans for a "Season 9' comic when Season 8 is over.

Don't forget, "Dollhouse" premieres Friday February 13 on FOX.
    capn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By capn

What the hell...I can't believe no one has made comment on this thread yet!!!...Is there no other Joss Whedon fans out there?  By the way G-man I think you did this thread a great disservice by not even mentioning Serenity comics lol.  I'm just messing with you, but seriously not to take this thread onto another topic but is there any plans on him making a Dr. Horrible comic that you know about?  Because I think out of all of the things he has worked on that offers up to being the best suited to be made into a comic.

To answer your question I have no intention of reading a CSI comic and would much rather keep reading my Cleaners comics and I have no idea where you might find CSI comics because I myself have never seen them.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Oh yeah, there was mention of more Serenity comics in that story.  I hate to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the comics.  There was some Dr. Horrible stuff online at Dark Horse's Myspace.  At least there was a story for Captain Hammer.

capn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By capn

Oh G man you just made my day...I'm going to be giddy for the rest of the week.  And I respect your opinion on Serenity comics because I agree with you, but not to say the comics were bad per say.  The real reason is because I hold the TV and Movie series in such I regard that I think it was hard for them to capture the same magic they had between the actors and portray it on paper with only ink.  But I digress, thank you for showing me that their is hope for Dr. Horrible after all   8D

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Im getting freaked out by Whedon....  I watched that trailer for Dollhouse where Dooshcoo's brain has been wiped down.  Now she plays it exactly like the character River from FireFly.  Does Whedon have a thing for waif-hot chicks with childish brains?

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By gunswordfist

TONIGHT! Really?! *puts Dollhouse on autotune* Ironically, besides both Human Target and Powers, Doll House is the closest thing to a new show I'm looking forward to. The commercial was okay.

I just checked my guide and didn't see Doll House on it for tonight. What's going on?

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunswordfist

I just said and the story said that Doll House comes on Jan. 14, Friday on the planet I'm on...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

Oops, looks like I was getting ahead of myself, or at least the network.  It premieres next Friday, February 13.  You have a week to prepare.

Cpl Sheila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cpl Sheila
    Red L.A.M.P. said:
    "Im getting freaked out by Whedon....  I watched that trailer for Dollhouse where Dooshcoo's brain has been wiped down.  Now she plays it exactly like the character River from FireFly.  Does Whedon have a thing for waif-hot chicks with childish brains?"
    o.O well now you have just freaked me out....

I adore Whedon he is the man.. but Dollhouse looks REALLY super average from what i have seen so far.. so not to fussed that the comics not coming out
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gunswordfist
    G-Man said:
    "Oops, looks like I was getting ahead of myself, or at least the network.  It premieres next Friday, February 13.  You have a week to prepare."
    I hate to tell you this. I really do but it's Friday, February 14 not 13. It would be funny to premiere on a Friday The 13th. heh
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

Uhm, look at a calendar?  That's why there's also a Friday The 13th movie coming out next week.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gunswordfist

Oh well I need to strangle the guy who did the story in the link. lol

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

Ha ha.  I totally missed that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.