Follow

Jonah Hex

Character » Jonah Hex appears in 518 issues.

A Civil War veteran turned bounty hunter, Jonah Hex's disfigured face and boorish personality don't win him many friends, but his code of honor and expert marksmanship skills means he's always willing to fight for and protect the innocent and dispense lethal justice.

Jonah Hex starting point

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Aeroman

I got a couple of issues of All-star western and I really like Jonah Hex and I was wondering should I get the Jonah Hex trade before the relaunch

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Katie24

They didn't really change Jonah Hex in the relaunch so you wouldn't be lost if you picked up a trade from pre-52. I would recommend Jonah Hex: No Way Back.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aeroman

@Katie24: No way back got it, So it's okay to get the trade from what you're saying?

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Katie24

@Aeroman: Yeah, hope you enjoy it! :) The writing team, Justin Grey and Jimmy P.....something Italian-sounding who are writing All-Star Western have been writing Jonah Hex for a long time, well before the New 52 and their work is solid and they wrote No Way Back.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aeroman

@Katie24: thank you so much

Avatar image for theborderhounds
    theborderhounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theborderhounds

If any of you are into the earlier Jonah Hex books... Vicente Alcazar, one of the original artists is currently working on a series called M3 being published by Hound Comics, Inc. - The series is already on Issue 4; however will be available in comic shops on May 30th starting with a re-release of Issue 1 via Diamond. Not a Western style book - actually completely different spectrum; female spy; but a REALLY good storyline!

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By The Lobster

Pick up the new All Star Western series. It's one of the best series in the New 52. Start from the first issue and work your way toward now if you can.

As for anything else, pretty much every Jonah Hex issue is self contained. Meaning every issue is a different story. So you could pretty much pick up any issue and not be lost. That's the beauty of the previous series. You don't have to worry about stepping into a story mid arc, you can just pick it up anytime or completely out of order and it still works.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.