Follow

Jonah Hex

Character » Jonah Hex appears in 518 issues.

A Civil War veteran turned bounty hunter, Jonah Hex's disfigured face and boorish personality don't win him many friends, but his code of honor and expert marksmanship skills means he's always willing to fight for and protect the innocent and dispense lethal justice.

'Jonah Hex' Scheduled Re-Shoots!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Seems like they may need to fill in the blanks...

No Caption Provided
    While Jonah Hex won't be hitting theater's until well into 2010, it is still somewhat odd to have re-shoots so late into the year. That and the fact that the re-shoots are expected to run for approximately two weeks does seem like a bit much. According to a recent release from SpoilerTV, it seems that Jonah Hex will be doing it's re-shoots in addition to casting several new characters in the upcoming film. The report included a complete look at casting breakdowns:

[CASSIE] - wife of ‘Jonah Hex’ (Josh Brolin). Native American. Pretty, young, sexy.
    [TRAVIS] - age 9 (to play younger)… Must be a match to Josh Brolin and Native American ‘Cassie’.
    [JEB TURNBULL] - son of ‘Quentin Turnbull’ (John Malkovich). 30 - 35. Skinny, southern accent. Needs one or two days for prosthetics.
    [PRESIDENT ANDREW JOHNSON] - 50-60. Look alike, if possible.
    [ADVISOR] - to President Johnson. Younger, 1870’s version of a “West Wing” character.
    [DEAD GUY] - late 20s/30s. Scary looking.. May need a day for prosthetics/possible make-up.

Additionally, it also included a brief plot synopsis of what fans can expect in the upcoming film.

Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone…and anything. Having survived death, Jonah’s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Leila (Megan Fox), whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. But Jonah’s past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can’t refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich). But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah’s oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Based on the legendary graphic novel, “Jonah Hex” is an epic adventure thriller about one man’s personal quest for redemption against the vast canvas of the battle between good and evil.

What do you think of the film's synopsis, in general? Do you think that the story we can expect to see in the upcoming film is accurate to the characterization in the comics?
    drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drawme

I never read the comics but that doesn´t sound too bad.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

sounds cool

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Moomin123

This film looks cool. I wanna see it. 
    I hope Turnbull does become a Necromancer like they originally planned.
    waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By waruikumo

Never read the Comics but, from what i read about the movie this is a perfect storm of awesomeness. 

They went for a sam raimi, real effect feel.  Where they could they used non CG, and used camera tricks to compensate for lack of Special Effects budget.  AMAZING.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Looking at that cast break down and reading the series synopsis. I can come to a possible conclusion. I believe they are filming a flashback scene.

It seems rather odd that the synopsis would say that Megan Fox's character, Leila, is Hex's only link to the living world if he had a wife and son. Which makes me believe they are dead in this movie. They might of tested a cut of the movie and realized that they needed to see the wife and son. Rather then talk about them in some form of exposition.

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

I love Jonah Hex and so far so good!

Avatar image for ravaginghamster
    RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RavagingHamster

sounds pretty cool. never heard of the comic before but the synopsis makes it sound very interesting.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AngelFrost

I totally have a new perspective for Megan Fox after seeing Jennifers Body (: So it would be good to see her in this.

wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By wordchallenge

Sounds pretty ambitious. Hope that all makes it on screen. 

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By They Killed Cap!

The only stuff I know about Jonah Hex is what I have seen from the Batman and JLA Cartoons...but this sounds good...it will be interesting to see how they adapt a western comic book.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By NightFang3

After reading the synopsis and casting list, I believe this movie will turn out better then I thought it would

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "Looking at that cast break down and reading the series synopsis. I can come to a possible conclusion. I believe they are filming a flashback scene.  "
    That's what I'm thinking too.
    Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Benzo

This film will be awesome!!!!! I can tell !!!!!

4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 4Essence

This looks and sounds so lame. really formulaic.  
    DC needs to step their game up.    
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

Sounds alright, need a trailer to better judge the film.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Who is Megan Fox supposed to play again?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.