Follow

Jonah Hex

Character » Jonah Hex appears in 524 issues.

A Civil War veteran turned bounty hunter, Jonah Hex's disfigured face and boorish personality don't win him many friends, but his code of honor and expert marksmanship skills means he's always willing to fight for and protect the innocent and dispense lethal justice.

Jonah Hex Goes Back For Reshoots

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    The Hollywood Reporter "reported" recently that Jonah Hex will undergo 10 days of reshoots. 

Warner Bros. and Legendary are assembling Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Megan Fox and Michael Fassbender for a roughly 10-day shoot in the Los Angeles area for the movie, beginning at month's end... Although no test screenings have taken place, the studio has decided to work on story and action during the shoots, working in 12 pages of additional script mixed in with some re-shoots.

We all remember the notorious Wolverine reshoots before that film came out, but at least with these reshoots, they're also adding 12 pages (or minutes) of material. 

Some insiders said the new infusion of scenes and money was designed to fix certain problems with the movie; others have said it's being done to beef up the moderately budgeted pic so that it can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the big-budget tentpole crowd. 

The film was originally going to be released August 6, 2010, but it has now been pushed up to June 18th. This is going to be a big step forward (hopefully) for DC. We've seen movies like V for Vendetta and Watchmen, which technically aren't super-hero films, and Jonah Hex will be the first Western DC has put out. I'm hoping this film does well, and I'm excited for it, but I have a feeling in the back of my head that it won't do well. Hopefully, a look at an upcoming trailer, whenever they release it will change my mind on the film. (for the better of course) 

Do you guys think this film will be good, even with Megan Fox in it? Are the reshoots, in this instance, a good thing?
    dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By dr.x

Jonah Hex  Movie true it's  not  DC standard  fair , but  anyone who know or follows  Jonah Hex  ,know  that  he is like John Carter of Mars . I'm looking forward to it  ,but I don't think it's  going to be as good true grit . 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

Hard to say whether or not these supposed re-shoots will affect the movie.  Again, don't care for Megan Fox, but I want to see this one because of Brolin and Malkovich and I like the character.   

You DO have a point, Inferiorego, the movie may not do very well at the box office.  However, later on as a rental or DVD/Blue-Ray purchase, it could do well as a good action film. 
    Avatar image for mighty_destroyer
    Mighty_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mighty_Destroyer

I have family that is working on this movie, and they said this movie is gonna suck

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moomin123

I wanna see Jonah Hex when it comes out, it looks cool.
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hdorman1
    @Mighty_Destroyer said:
    " I have family that is working on this movie, and they said this movie is gonna suck "
    not a surprise
    DC films normally do 
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Vortex13

I really hope this film will be good. I will see it regardless, I want it to be good though. I feel like there has not been a bad issue of this new series yet, there have been some poor ones but most have been very good. Jonah Hex is one of my favorite western characters... what am I saying, he is my favorite!

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondasch

Strictly going by the screenshot posted above alone, God no.  Looks nothing like the Jonah Hex I remember.  Enjoy John Malkovich all around but having Megan Fox in this movie, along with how poor it seems to be doesn't exactly send me running to the theaters like The Lovely Bones and The Book of Eli are going to do.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Well, are they re-shoots or are they what are called "pickups"? There is a difference. Peter Jackson talked about that in the Lord of the Rings DVD commentaries.

We finally get a look at Johan Hex's face. I certainly hope there is more then that.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NightFang3

Hopefully these re-shoots well make the movie better and a little longer.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AngelFrost

After seeing Megan Fox is Jennifers Body,
    I actually like her now.  (:
    so I will be looking forward to seeing her

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I said it before and I'll say it again aren't westerns dead?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@FoxxFireArt
    said:
    "Well, are they re-shoots or are they what are called "pickups"? There is a difference. Peter Jackson talked about that in the Lord of the Rings DVD commentaries.  We finally get a look at Johan Hex's face. I certainly hope there is more then that. "

Both reshoots and pick-ups.  As for his face, it's all about lighting and the lighting in that picture doesn't help. 

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bruce Vain

I can't wait to see a teaser
    KansetsuWaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KansetsuWaza

wow this looks like it will be good!! maybe they will do a boostergold crossover haha!
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrCipher

"Some insiders said the new infusion of scenes and money was designed to fix certain problems with the movie; others have said it's being done to beef up the moderately budgeted pic so that it can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the big-budget tentpole crowd." - I say it's to CG Fox out of the movie completely and replace her with a blue skinned, yellow eyed cat-like alien..... :) 

@Inferiorego
    I have to agree with your opinion about how well it will do. It's not mainstream spandex and not new Ultimates-style either. It's going to be a hard sell to the tween and teen generation I think. Maybe Fox will get the boys to come take a look...
    Question08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Question08

If I had known Megan Fox was in my future I would have worshipped the ground Jessica Alba walked on.
    ThE FL@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThE FL@
    @hdorman1 said:
    " @Mighty_Destroyer said:
    " I have family that is working on this movie, and they said this movie is gonna suck "
    not a surprise DC films normally do  "
    sigh... the dark knight... watchmen... v for vendetta... not all...
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By G Bird
    @Mighty_Destroyer said:
    Your family must be stupid if they are working on a movie that they think sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.