Follow

Jonah Hex

Character » Jonah Hex appears in 518 issues.

A Civil War veteran turned bounty hunter, Jonah Hex's disfigured face and boorish personality don't win him many friends, but his code of honor and expert marksmanship skills means he's always willing to fight for and protect the innocent and dispense lethal justice.

John Malkovich Joins Jonah Hex

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Production for DC's Jonah Hex is set to begin in April.  It's already been announced that Josh Brolin will be playing Jonah.  Variety has reported that John Malkovich will play Quentin Turnbull, a man bent on revenge against Jonah.  It seems his son was killed by Union soldiers during the Civil War.  Despite this, Turnbull blames Jonah for the death.

I still wonder how this movie will be.  We don't see many Westerns these days.  Jonah Hex also isn't exactly a household name.  It should be interesting to see how things go with this.  There's also the fact that Jimmy Hayward is making his live action directorial debut with this movie.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
    Very Very Awesome  !  John Malkovich is the Shiznit... he would make a great Turnbull in this film...
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

YES! This is the DC movie I've been waiting for... Aside from Watchmen and Dark Knight....

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

Good casting, two of my favorite actors opposite one another.  Granted, Jonah Hex isn't well recognized comic material, but I don't think that matters in the slightest.  Brolin already has his run with 30 Days of Night..an Indie vampire/horror comic, and look how well it did.   It's not super hero stuff, far from it, but I do think this will do well, even if it's not a blockbuster.

Avatar image for twilightthunder
    TwilightThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TwilightThunder
    Jonah Hex isThe Shiznit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (his 2006 ongoing series it's just AMAZING) And the fact that Jonah Hex is being written by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor makes it a safe bet.
    quick411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By quick411

I personally think this movie will do goo because Josh Brolin and John Malkovich are both established actors, The wildcard to attract females and young fans seems to be Megan Fox and here she is on the set of Jonah Hex looking pretty as ever. So while it is a western i think the special effects will make it a cutting edge western, one like we've never seen before. I agree Jonah Hex is not a household name and it is a gamble but Warner Bros along with this interesting casy, talented writers could make it work. It'll be different that's for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.