inferiorego's Jonah Hex #58 - Every Bullet Tells a Story review

Avatar image for inferiorego
  • inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Review: Jonah Hex #58

Every bullet tells a story, and in this issue of Jonah Hex, one bullet tells a lot more than one story.

The Good

Once again, for the 58th time in a row, Jonah Hex provides an entertaining story about the WIld West, and this time, Jonah punches a woman square in the jaw. A majority of the panels in the book have a caption of essentially the bullet's inner-monologue, and I loved seeing the juxtaposition of what was happening in the panel. It was a really cool concept. The art and writing played off each other very well within the issue. I like seeing Caracuzzo's art in this book. It fits the Wild West style very well.

The Bad

Not my favorite Jonah Hex issue. While this book was enjoyable and a good read, I was a little bored. I'm at a point with this book again where I'm clamoring for a 6-part (or even a 3-part) storyline. Sure, there was reference in this issue to something Jonah did 5 issues back, but I'd really like to see an overall arc.

The Verdict 3.5/5

Not every issue of a series can be stellar. This was a great issue, but not as good as everything else in the series. We've had a quite a few amazing issues in the past year, so when I get to an issue of the book that's good, but not as good as everything else, it's a bit of a bummer. I can't say I'd recommend this to everyone. Jonah fans are obviously going to want to own this one. Everyone else may want to give it a read through, but only if you're interested in the Wild West motif.