Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4237 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Joker's Mouth (scars or no?)

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SupBatz

As far as I know pages from Snyder's next arc haven't been leaked onto the internet yet.

That being said, does anybody know how the artist plans to draw the Joker?

The Joker had a "sort-of" cameo in issue 1...

...and I'm not really digging the look.

Does anyone know if he's going to have the lip-stick-trailing-onto-the-cheeks look that was inspired by Ledger's Joker and has been rearing it's ugly head in comics on and off since 2008?

Also, what're some opinions on that look? I personally just prefer the Joker to have the red lips and a big smile but does anyone like the scars or trailing lipstick?

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheJokerha

I never liked it in the comics. The scars or the smeared red. When we did see him in Batman #1he looked like his traditional self. No smeared red or scars or bullet wound in the middle of his forehead so glad they got rid of that) But of course they cut his face off at the end so the bullet wound and scars would have gone with it.

From what I've read in Snyder follow up interviews, Joker is still going to be recognizable as The Joker. He wants to keep the iconic look, including the famous smile. But he wants to make him more "horror movie" in appearance. I'm also a bit worried about how he is going to look. Which I'm sure is the whole point in doing it and teasing us with it.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By hyperman

I hate the scars, it doesn't look like he's smiling, I hope they keep the old red lips and huge smile, it gives him a more terriifying look. the scars just make him look like an ordinary criminal.

andywattbulb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By andywattbulb

I like the scars, if they are done properly. Greg capullo's Joker above already looks kind of weird, even without the scars.

In the next arc it doesn't look like Joker is having scars....I think.... : http://twitter.ie/GregCapullo/status/228997071770890240

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SupBatz: Joker carved his face off, he's going to look completely different than what your used to
    JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoeEddie

If you follow Greg Capullo on twitter, the new look for Joker has been leaked on the cover of Batgirl #14

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

I like when it looks like he's smiled so much/wide, that it rips his mouth a little bit at the side. Arkham Asylum/City Joker had that a bit, not really scars but not really not-scars either. Like awkward slashes where his mouth opened too wide and left red showing. That's a good balance I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.