Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4212 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Joker's aliases

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vandinejd_1991

While looking up the Joker i saw that he had a large number of aliases. Some of them I am familiar with like the Clown Prince of Crime, Harlequin of Hate, Puddin, Mr. J, Jack Napier, and Melvin White. And there are others that I've never heard him been called before like King of Arkham, Public Enemy # 1, The White Duke of Death, Patient 0 and Patient 223, Man of a Thousand False Fronts, Nemesis of the Knight, and Mephistopheles of Mirth. When has he been called these various aliases that i am unfamiliar with in the comics?

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheJokerha

Keep in mind The Joker had his debut in 1940. There are tons of stories about him. A lot of these titles were captions on panels when he made a dramatic appearance. Mephistopheles of Mirth was used in the caption when Joker and Penguin first met back in the 40's, I think. Often he would just be praising himself, the man is not modest. Other times Batman said them during one of his dramatic monologues about his arch enemy. Sometimes it would be a head line in a newspaper about his latest crime wave or an announcement on the radio/ television..Patient 223 is his Arkham assigned case number. I think Patient Zero used to be his Arkham number because no one knows who he was before he took that swim in the chemical waste vats, but I could be misremembering that one. Man of a Thousand False Fronts was part of a themed crime spree he pulled, I believe.

Here is a well done page on Joker's history you might enjoy.

http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/2010/09/complete-history-of-joker.html

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.