Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 3520 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Joker Respect Thread

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bookman

I CANNOT BELIVE that this hasn't been done yet! To the Coolest villian EVER!

Ralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ralph

What's exactely a respect thread? However, hey! Fan-tastic! I LOVE the Joker too!

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DragonGateAcer

greatest villian ever

Ralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ralph

Greatest villain ever? Oh, wait! You're talking about... Joker! I knew it! lol (thanks) Yes, he's the gratest villain ever. But I don't know if I am an umbiased jury... Y' know, I' a little bit obessed with that cute Mr J...

Ippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ippy

Post Deleted.

Ippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ippy

The Joker has always tickled me as a character. Very lovable.

Morphid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Morphid

Have any of you seen the episode of Batman that he tested Joker after turning him into a vampire?? Wel he isn't the coolest villian out of ALL comic Villians, but he is my favorite of the DC series.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

hehe usually a respect thread has images of the character...

anyway the Joker is a great character and a great villain, not my favorite tough

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Bookman

Nighthunter says:

"hehe usually a respect thread has images of the character... anyway the Joker is a great character and a great villain, not my favorite tough"

Don't know how to do that. You can do it if you want.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Nighthunter says:

"hehe usually a respect thread has images of the character... anyway the Joker is a great character and a great villain, not my favorite tough"

Yeah. Joker is awesome, Not my fave but still awesome.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zee crusher

Ralph says:

"What's exactely a respect thread? However, hey! Fan-tastic! I LOVE the Joker too! "

Either have some vicious pics of who ever is getting the respect or some feats like i usually do in mine. Either way they are always amazing.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

ok since bookman asked it nice:

and all that is just the first gallery

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zee crusher

NH can you put the pics of emporer joker he was vicious lol. He took 99% of the imps powers and turned DC into his image.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

zee crusher says:

"NH can you put the pics of emporer joker he was vicious lol. He took 99% of the imps powers and turned DC into his image."

haven't read the story

if they are in the galleries I can

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zee crusher

Nighthunter says:

"zee crusher says:
    "NH can you put the pics of emporer joker he was vicious lol. He took 99% of the imps powers and turned DC into his image."

haven't read the story

if they are in the galleries I can"

You serious thats literally his best moment lol. Another funny one was when dc got destroyed by batmite and the imp darkseid was the last one left in a floating void. He opened his paper and read what the anti life equation was and saw it was the imp and bite mite then started laughing lol.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nighthunter

zee crusher says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "zee crusher says:

haven't read the story

You serious thats literally his best moment lol. Another funny one was when dc got destroyed by batmite and the imp darkseid was the last one left in a floating void. He opened his paper and read what the anti life equation was and saw it was the imp and bite mite then started laughing lol."

I recall the last one

it was in world's funniest or something like that right?

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zee crusher

Nighthunter says:

"zee crusher says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    "zee crusher says:

haven't read the story

You serious thats literally his best moment lol. Another funny one was when dc got destroyed by batmite and the imp darkseid was the last one left in a floating void. He opened his paper and read what the anti life equation was and saw it was the imp and bite mite then started laughing lol."

I recall the last one

it was in world's funniest or something like that right?"

Yes i believe so. The was one hell of a comic. Didn't expect him to find it that way.

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Zenma

Lantern Of Hatred says:

"superboyprime's fist says:
    "I'd respect the Joker a lot more if he shot Hal Jordan in the spine and crippled him for life."

" />http://www.blueberryforest.com/images/Images_bk/the-little-troll-392x550.jpg"

heh......heh

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
    Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superboyprime's fist says:

"I'd respect the Joker a lot more if he shot Hal Jordan in the spine and crippled him for life."

Ralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ralph

Who's Hal Jordan? Heh..heh...

The Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Joker

For Those Who Tend To Underestimate Him

Zatanna's ex-assistant dies tragically, and his current boss, aka illusionist Ivar Loxias, is involved. Therefore, Batman and Zatanna go to his place to confront him about what happened. But a surprise waits for them, since not only the illusionist confirms non-chalantly his responsibility for the murder, but he takes them down & prisoners. Then, he reveals himself to be none other than the Joker, who apparently killed Loxias and took his place (Detective Comics #833)

Evades and kills a dozen of Ra's Al Ghul's henchmen (Legends of the Dark Knight #142)

Defeats Ra's Al Ghul in a game of chess impressing The Demon (I've seen chest matches on the vine and i thought it was fitting)

Takes a full dose of fear gas to the face and pretty much brushes it off then knocks out Scarecrow (Detective Comics #664)

Demonstrating his intelligence, the Joker knows about the existence of the multiverse:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...ntelligence.jpg

Withstanding Some serious mental force by raven

Beating Lex Luthor Mono E Mono

J'onn struggles to mentally control the Joker, for any length of time..

"I'm making him sane, but I can't hold it for long. His mind is like a storm raging."

"Have to let go, it's impossible to hold him together any longer":

Alright this one isn't really that relative but i thought the whole bit was quite hilarious

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Croaker

What is there left to say? He is hands down one of the most iconic comic book characters created.

Has managed to humiliate, destroy and and torture both heroes and villains, humans and metahumans. And all that with nothing but a warped mind and a permanent clown appearance. Seems to survive anything and is utterly fearless.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By NightFang3

The joker is the best and coolest villian of all time.

Ut34Ella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ut34Ella

People that want have a success look for a trustworthy custom writing service to buy their term research paper from. The same things we do also.

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

Something i made from batgirl #16 and batman and robin #16

No Caption Provided
    LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LarryAshlynn

The guy is definitely nuts, but totally AWESOME¬

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 19

The thing I love about Joker is that he's not an alien conqueror like Darkseid, or a power-hungry dictator like Dr. Doom, or a superpowered holocaust survivor like Magneto. He was just an ordinary lower-class chump. Then he had one really bad day. And now he's the single-most dangerous living being on the face of the Earth.

And what makes him such a threat to the Batman? Because Batman relies on fear and intimidation to beat criminals. But the Joker is someone who's not afraid of him.

Loading Video...

Anyone else would just run away screaming. But Joker? He takes a machine gun, starts walking toward the speeding Batpod, and dares Batman to "HIT ME!" In other words, Joker plays chicken with the Batpod! And he WINS!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his over hype makes me dislike him.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THORSON
    TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Just in case someone hasn't seen the site: http://jokerfeats.blogspot.co.uk/

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

destroys the universe by saying the word

No Caption Provided

Makes lois lane his princess

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Errorinscript

@bookman said:

I CANNOT BELIVE that this hasn't been done yet! To the Coolest villian EVER!

True !

No Caption Provided

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kmb501

The Joker is just so bad (as in Micheal Jackson bad) they should make him a good guy. I guess that seems counter-intuitive, but he could really be a Deadpool-like character--making jokes about bad guys as he kills and outsmarts them in brutal yet hilarious ways (we got some of this in Under the Red Hood maybe--where Joker imprisons Black Mask and tries to set the truck on fire to draw out the Red Hood), maybe even subtly, not blatantly like Deadpool, but subtly, breaking the fourth wall once in a while, an arc where he thinks he's in a comic, etc. I just think DC doesn't like this character as much as they used to. I don't know why they can't just bring him back to what he once was, the most kick-butt Batman villain, period.

Here's a few ideas on how they could do it without really compromising the character:

Joker could find himself in an alternate dimension where Batman is Owlman, a bad guy working for the Crime Syndicate. Well, of course the Joker would want to get back to his world, so maybe he would make an uneasy alliance with the heroes, because he's not sure where he is, and they remind him of his old friends back home. It would be funny to see how he causes trouble for that world's Batman, and a "joke's on you" moment when he finds out he was helping the HEROES! Maybe Batman could show up in the last part of the series and have Joker explain how topsy turvy things have been without old Bats around.

Joker could take some kind of experimental drug that makes him only a little tamer but allows him to retain most of his awesome Joker traits. Then, he could start questioning his relationship with Batman and maybe change the game into something a little more appetizing, like Joker teaming up with, and knocking off, Batman's enemies.

A new villain could pose a threat for both Joker and Batman (and maybe other members of Batman's rogues gallery), forcing them to all team up to solve the case and get things back to the way they were.

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kmb501

Things I think DC should remember about the Joker

Insanity--or super (in)sanity--is his superpower, and Batman's death is his Kryptonite (ironically). I think it's kind of cool, because it's like a parody of the comic book super heroes who fall into chemicals or are exposed to nuclear activity and gain superpowers. The Joker just emerged with a sharp demented mind and new cosmetic features.

The Joker is supposed to be funny, even though it's usually dark comedy and really ironic. Take that element away, and you could have another character.

The Joker is supposed to be super dangerous--like the time he killed the judge with a peanut, (and I thought the glass of water thing in Under the Red Hood was clever.) It's this element that makes me feel like maybe he's just playing with Batman and could have ended him at will.

The Joker is a mobster and has an image to uphold among the other gangsters, even though they are already terrified of him.

Even super villains are afraid of the Joker.

The Joker isn't all bad, and is capable of having feelings of compassion and love--(although he explains to Harley that he hates these feelings and tries to kill her for making him feel for her.) In Gotham Knights, the Joker also appears to have feelings for his late wife, even offering Riddler protection from Hush in exchange for the name of her killer.

The Joker is capable of being tamed and even cured of his insanity---(we learn this in a Batman-Spiderman crossover, where a doctor successfully tames Joker by putting a microchip in his brain. Of course, Carnage takes care of that for him, but at least we get a good idea that the guy is actually insane and not just acting.)

The Joker has teamed up with Batman and has proven to be a rather productive ally.

In my opinion. DC has been hit or miss, and newer incarnations of the character have missed the elements that make a good Joker story. When done right, this is an incredibly mysterious Batman villain who could help the writers tell the darkest Batman (well, really Joker) stories Gotham has ever seen! Unlike other Batman villains, though, the Joker is a perfect balance between human and monster. The clown's not so similar to Batman (like, say, Catwoman, that we would be bored), but he's not so unfamiliar (like maybe Poison Ivy or Mr. Bloom), that we can't relate.

DC should make a series narrated by the Joker about the Joker.

Naknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is seriously off topic lol

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8f40b39d851
    deactivated-5d8f40b39d851

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best villain

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.