Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4239 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Is Joker a Mutant?

aslan10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aslan10000

I'm just curious cause if he came out of that vad of chemicals chalk-white and with green hair and a big grin, does that make him genetically altered? Or what if he was already a mutant before?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

.........................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. .....I'm sorry......I don't quite know where that came from

aslan10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aslan10000

Well he could be?

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Croaker

I doubt it actually altered his DNA, but it did change his body in more ways than just making him look like a clown. In Salvation Run, he states the chemicals still burn his skin.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By Joygirl

I keep hearing something about him having acidic blood too. And he's more than just crazy too... his "super-sanity" or whatever is a borderline superhuman ability. I think I'd count him as genetically altered.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

No, his appearance and mentality were simply altered.

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#7  Edited By MTHarman

Joker isn't a mutant, but because of his abnormal history of facing death countless time has recognized him possibly being something more than being human.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skewer

The one from the batman animated series appeared so

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

He's possibly mutated, but when most people think of the term 'mutant', they think of people like the X-Men, who were born with said mutation. Joker was not. He was not born with any genetic aberration of any kind. When he fell into that vat of chemicals, was he genetically altered? Possibly. He was certainly cosmetically altered, but it's been shown that his hair turning green, his skin turning white happened to anyone those chemicals fell onto. I imagine his insanity comes from ingesting it, the effects of which were not shown on another subject.

ngroove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ngroove

@JonSmith said:

He's possibly mutated, but when most people think of the term 'mutant', they think of people like the X-Men, who were born with said mutation. Joker was not. He was not born with any genetic aberration of any kind. When he fell into that vat of chemicals, was he genetically altered? Possibly. He was certainly cosmetically altered, but it's been shown that his hair turning green, his skin turning white happened to anyone those chemicals fell onto. I imagine his insanity comes from ingesting it, the effects of which were not shown on another subject.

I believe original poster is referring to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles terminology of "mutant", with the critters, humans, even some plant species, exposed to mutagen = mutant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.