Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4233 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Can the Joker have romantic feelings or a sexual orientation?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I mean, he loves Batman becuase well he is to much fun.

But does this guy feels any romantic things?

Not for Harley for anything, i mean he is pretty much demisexual, still i dont see him feeling romantic love.

A demisexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction until they form a strong emotional connection with someone, often (but not always) in a romantic relationship. The term demisexual comes from the orientation being "halfway between" sexual and asexual. Nevertheless, this term does not mean that demisexuals have an incomplete or half-sexuality, nor does it mean that sexual attraction without emotional connection is required for a complete sexuality. In general, demisexuals are not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender; however, when a demisexual is emotionally connected to (usually in love with but sometimes feel strongly as friends) someone else, the demisexual experiences sexual attraction and desire, but only towards the specific partner or partners.

Also Rape isnt about sex, is about violence, for the same is easy to explain why The Joker can rape people, becuase, well he enjoys pain and violence, so it makes sense that he rapes, but id dont think he enjoys sex.

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cracker_jack

I always figured Joker got a chubbie while killing. The fact that he doesn't feel anything for Harley (the love of my imaginary life) is more proof how sick he is.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By KenTheProfile

@DeathpooltheT1000: I think he does have sexual feeling. he is a sexual sadist. I think he loves Harley as much as someone like Joker can love. in fact sexuality may be the only ture human thing he has left. to me what makes Joker scary is that he has pangs of normal human feelings but keeps being Joker anyways. it's scarier then a plain pyschopath, they don't have a choice to make they just act the way they do because of brain chemistry. Joker choose on some level to be the Joker.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@KenTheProfile said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: I think he does have sexual feeling. he is a sexual sadist. I think he loves Harley as much as someone like Joker can love. in fact sexuality may be the only ture human thing he has left. to me what makes Joker scary is that he has pangs of normal human feelings but keeps being Joker anyways. it's scarier then a plain pyschopath, they don't have a choice to make they just act the way they do because of brain chemistry. Joker choose on some level to be the Joker.

That is called a Sociopath.

Psychopathy vs. sociopathy

Hare writes that the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy may "reflect the user's views on the origins and determinates of the disorder." The term sociopathy may be preferred by sociologists that see the causes as due to social factors. The term psychopathy may be preferred by psychologists who see the causes as due to a combination of psychological, genetic, and environmental factors.

David T. Lykken proposes psychopathy and sociopathy as two distinct kinds of antisocial personality disorder. He believes psychopaths are born with temperamental differences such as impulsivity, cortical underarousal, and fearlessness that lead them to risk-seeking behavior and an inability to internalize social norms. On the other hand, he claims sociopaths have relatively normal temperaments; their personality disorder being more an effect of negative sociological factors like parental neglect, delinquent peers, poverty, and extremely low or extremely high intelligence. Both personality disorders are the result of an interaction between genetic predispositions and environmental factors, but psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental.

Psychopath is a force of nature.

Sociopath is a force of society.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KenTheProfile

@DeathpooltheT1000: yes thank, I already know about the diffrencers between the two paths. however I always understood that the joker was not one or the other. he's like hannible lector, he fits no know profile or diagnosis

however i feel that Sociopath is made and psychopath is born is a much quicker way of understanding the idea.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By Joygirl

The world may never know. DC has done a great job keeping a 72 year old character a complete mystery to absolutely everyone. Does he love Harley? Maybe. Does he love Batman? Assuredly... maybe. In a sexual way? Maybe. Who knows? He's Joker. He's the quintessential force of absolute madness. He's been portrayed as sexually naive, or a crossdresser who slaps Batman's ass.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@Joygirl: @KenTheProfile: The Joker is to damn sane for his own good, also he is Chaos and one thing about chaos is that is fair.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@Edamame said:

Well, the Joker is clearly a psychopath/sociopath, and psychopaths/sociopaths are usually emotionally cold and often like to use people until they are "sucked dry". Then, they just throw those abused people away. The Joker is incapable of loving, and he uses Harley Quinn.

The Joker "loves" Batman because, as a nihilist, the Joker doesn't see the purpose or meaning to Batman's self-righteousness. He basically finds Batman amusing for being so serious, and he is fascinated by Batman's personality.

I am sure he isnt emotionally cold.

Also as hard as it could be, i am not sure tht the Joker is a Sociopath.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Nerx

@DeathpooltheT1000: He can always have romantic sessions with his hand and some lotion or a crusty sock

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kashif1

He's the joker, he can but he doesn't have to/

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame: How so, the fact people belive The Joker created a relationship with Batman, he haves feeling for Batman and you notice that he belives that Batman makes some sense, if he was a nihilist he wouldnt go against Batman, he would try to kill Superman or other, Batman is the only thing that the Joker belives that matters, he belives in personal morality, thats why he attacks morality, i know that the world have no sense and all that thing, is the new popular thing for kids today, but that dont means it apply to every character.

Also the Joker decides to be the Joker, Pyshopaths and Sociopath dont decide it, that why Heath Ledger Joker uses make up, The Joker decides to be the Joker, he is what he wants to be, like Batman, they are what they want to be the rest of the world, is what the world let them be, their morality isnt real, because isnt a personal morality, is what the world told them morality is, their morality changed in what the world decide is opular and moral, not what is the right and wrong thing.

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Croaker

@kashif1 said:

He's the joker, he can but he doesn't have to/

This. And whatever he finds funny, he'll do it.

In "Harley Quinn" he does confess to Harley he has feelings for her. I don't t think he really had a reason to lie (he was trying to kill her, after all).

batman11223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batman11223

The joker is a manipulator and will do anything to get his way. All he wants is to create chaos and cause pain and agony, thats all he wants and thats what makes him so interesting and different. thats what people like; a villian that isnt like the rest. He is the worst kind of serial killer there is. I dont believe he really does have feelings and emotions for others; which is true of many real life serial killers. And if he did have feelings for lets say Harley Quinn, i dont beleive he would be as popular as he is today. Plus it is not directly indicated to the readers that he has these inner feelings. So if these feelings are true to him, i think it would ruin his whole character.

JokerFanHAhaHA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JokerFanHAhaHA

In my most humble opinion, Jokers sexual orientation really depends on the time of day. Or if he's bored enough.

He's shown evidence in different places in media from comics to video games to be heterosexual, homosexual, asexual, and even autosexual (finds attraction only to himself)

He loves Batman in the sense that one might love a game they can't quite win yet, or a puzzle thats JUST a level above yours. Joker challenges Batman,Batman challenges Joker. There's a reason there's so many Joker/Batman stories, and thats because if anyone is close to those two, it's each other.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By CATPANEXE

This is an odd question, which I'll personally answer by saying " yes, in a natural physical space ". Whether any writer chooses to remove him from that equation (noting how convoluted a character Joker can be do to this, and how most people choose to relate him as an enigma as a result). Often a person tries to tell me they " don't feel emotions/don't have emotions " just to use an example for the logic I'm running with. Sorry, but that's part of the being human deal people, the biological end, as much as being born with feet, having a heartbeat and breathing are. If the Joker is human than he has emotions, period. How he chooses to display them or try to display them is another matter. Or how inhuman the writer makes him.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JokerFanHAhaHA: @CATPANEXE: Still many people cant feel romantic love or other emotions for some reason, also there is asexual people in the world, this people dont car about sex.

All people have feelings, still that dont means all people have the same ones.

Also i feel he loves Batmans as a friend, you know heterosexual life partners.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I'd say, certainly.

The Joker suffers from some mental illness of some sort, perhaps a criminal insanity, but I think he's still a fully formed human being that can experience all of the feelings that someone else can feel, albeit filtered through his own twisted perceptions.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Crash_Recovery said:

I'd say, certainly.

The Joker suffers from some mental illness of some sort, perhaps a criminal insanity, but I think he's still a fully formed human being that can experience all of the feelings that someone else can feel, albeit filtered through his own twisted perceptions.

His mental illness, being just plain evil!!!

I am not sure that people with mental illness are fully formed humans.

I will to put that idea in a more complete way.

I dont belive humans are fully formed, thats why there is laws and people haves to get better with time.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to bring this one back

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Loki9876

I don't think he loves in that kinda way.

Vivke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vivke

According to Scott Snyder his feelings towards Batman are romantic. Just saying. In the Arkham City Game his feelings towards Batman does seem romantic again. Like the "Only you" song he sings to him. And in Arkham Origins where Harley actually believes Joker is talking about her as like "falling in love at first sight" while in reality he is talking about Batman...

Also lots of people say he is either pansexual -he is attracted to all genders that exist, or demisexual -he is only attracted to a person sexually if he has romantic feelings for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.