thebug's Joker #1 - HC/SC review

Avatar image for thebug
  • thebug wrote this review on .

Read this.

I loved Brian Azzerello's Joker but I felt that some fans/critics were being too hard on it, saying it "brought the character down to lower levels, making him a thug."
I disagree. It was a gritty, dark, Nolan-esqe, interpretaion. What I found most powerful was that we saw the Joker's... heart. Azzerello made the Joker a suffering, struggleing, human being. That is not in anyway shape or form bringing him down. All the character are adapted beautifuly. In particular Harley Quinn and her relationship with the Joker. The art is like candy. The story was great (told from the perspective of Joker's driver). Pick it up. Read it.

Plus its an elseworld. edit | delete | flag

Other reviews for Joker #1 - HC/SC

The Life of a Madman 0

I have been meaning to read this story for quite a while now, and after reading, and reviewing Batman: Broken City, I decided to buy more work from Brian Azzarello, including, Superman: For Tomorrow (which I also wanted for Jim Lee's art), which I've read, and reviewed since, this book, and Luthor. I'm also a huge Batman fan, and Joker is my favourite villain, so that was another reason.PlotSomehow Joker has been released from Arkham Asylum. When no one wants to pick him up an aspiring crook nam...

Joker done Vertigo? 0

Both of the main men that worked on this Original Graphic Novel are famed for their works as Vertigo Stall-worth's.    Lee Bermejo is stunning in anything he creates.  Mostly known as a cover artist, it is a rare treat to have him work the interiors of a book and Brian Azzarello has been lucky now to have him work on this as their third project together.  Other Past projects these two have work on are Batman/Deathblow: After the fire and Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.   Brian Azzarello is ...