Follow

John Constantine

Character » John Constantine appears in 1559 issues.

John Constantine, the Hellblazer, is a working-class magician, occult detective and a golden-tongued con man. He is well-known for his scathing wit, endless cynicism, ruthless cunning and constant chain smoking. A roguish counterculture anti-hero, Constantine is also a strident humanist driven by a heartfelt desire to defend mankind from the forces of evil.

Recommendation

knighteagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By knighteagle

Hey guys! So DC's formation with Wildstorm and Vertigo comics has introduced me to John Constantine, found him to be an interesting character so I picked up some of his Hellblazer arcs such as Original Sins, Devil you know and my favorite Dangerous Habits and very much enjoyed the series. I was hoping to get some recommendations to read some other good arcs, preferably recent and I am a sucker for good art. Look forward to hearing from you :)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

Go check out Hellblazer Annual. Great story, art by simon bisley

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The Lobster

Brian Azzerello's run was great, my personal favorite run.

knighteagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By knighteagle

thanks guys, definitely check both out :)

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By kuonphobos

Late to the party but let me recommend Ennis' Son of Man (my personal fav- I mean Demons and mobsters what's not to like) and all of Warren Ellis' oh so brief run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.