Where's the Last Issue, Grant?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jakob187

While Grant Morrison has been working busily on his Batman stuff, many of us have sat aside waiting in anticipation for the last issue of Joe The Barbarian, the absolutely STELLAR series by him and Sean Murphy.  It's been months...MONTHS...and as I'm looking on Vertigo's site, the last issue is not listed in any of the stuff there. 

So my question is this:  has the last issue been scrapped, thrown to the wayside and forgotten?  Hell, the hardcover isn't even listed on the Vertigo site anywhere either.  Maybe the Comic Vine staff could get an answer out of someone.  There are some sites that are still selling pre-orders that have a release date of December 22nd, but at this point, I can't believe any of those. 

I think the fans of this series deserve to get the last issue already.  It's not like this is an ongoing like Air was that ended up getting cancelled...or even a case of Desolation Jones, where Ellis just got cocky and lazy.  This is a book that was obviously thought out and had some time put into it, and it's odd to see that the last issue still hasn't arrived almost three months after the last issue!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187

I KNOW!  It's driving me insane, as the seventh issue had such a MASSSSSSSSIVE cliffhanger!  It's been one of my favorite series this year.  I know the Batman stuff is taking up a good chunk of his time, but hell...18 DAYS has come out before the last issue of Joe The Barbarian, and I don't want this to end up being a Desolation Jones scenario. 

Moreover, what if the last issue sucks?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Just read issues 1 and 2, loving them. I should easily read up to 7 before 8 comes out...when it comes out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187
@Supreme Marvel said:
" Just read issues 1 and 2, loving them. I should easily read up to 7 before 8 comes out...when it comes out. "
I keep looking around every day for some kind of update.  Still nothing.  Can someone call Grant and tell him to get off the high horse for a moment?  Please?
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm still waiting on War Heroes and the last dozen things Warren Ellis has done :P

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@jakob187 said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" Just read issues 1 and 2, loving them. I should easily read up to 7 before 8 comes out...when it comes out. "
I keep looking around every day for some kind of update.  Still nothing.  Can someone call Grant and tell him to get off the high horse for a moment?  Please? "
It's out now, if you haven't already read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.