In this art-infused memoir by the late Jerry Robinson, learn how a seventeen-year-old became the artist on Detective Comics and Batman... and created one of the most famous villains of all time: the Joker. This volume includes never-before-published full-page artwork from Detective Comics and Batman, covers featuring Batman, Robin, and the Joker, and much more.
Never-before-published artwork featuring Batman, Robin, the Joker, and more!
- Chapter 1: How to Start Out Selling Ice Cream and End Up Drawing Batman
- Chapter 2: The Birth of the Joker
- Chapter 3: Cubs, Billiards, and Batman
- Chapter 4: Of Wine, Berbers, Gondolas, and Fraud
- Chapter 5: My Forty-Seven-Minute Scoop
- Chapter 6: Theatre Life: Backstage with Playbill
- Chapter 7: Additional Comics, Books, and Magazine Art With notes by Jens Robinson
- Biography: About Jerry Robinson