It was thanks to Zor-El that Jeq-Vay survived Krypton's destruction. He was a resident of Argo City, which was spared Krypton's fate by the use of some retrofitted Brainiac technology. But this only delayed Argo City's fate. The city was eventually found by Brainiac and destroyed. Jeq-Vay was among the survivors who were incorporated into the already bottled Kryptonian city of Kandor. It was his advanced training in Sunstone technology that had him deemed worthy of incorporation.
In the Military Guild, he rose to the rank of Aspirant First Class and was assigned to the Red Shard unit. This unit was charged with civic defense, and his role on it was that of their technician due to his advanced technological training.
After Kandor had been freed and relocated to a newly formed planet in the Sol system, Jeq-Vay was suddenly under the command of the man responsible for it all happening. Superman, now simply Commander El, had joined the military and been given command over Red Shard.
During a mission to reign in a herd of stampeding Thought-Beasts, Jeq-Vay was revealed to have some kind of trauma or fear about surgery. Because when the Thought-Beasts instinctively drew out his worst fears, he was plagued with visions of a surgeon cutting into him. Commander El managed to pull him out of his delusion to complete the mission.
Powers & Abilities
As a member of the Kryptonian Military Guild, he received extensive training in the use of weapons, applicable technology, hand to hand combat, strategy, and survival techniques.
As a Kryptonian, he has several amazing powers when in a solar system with a yellow sun:
- Flight: Can defy gravity and fly under his own power, even through outer space.
- Super Strength: Has great strength. Can lift more than 1,000,000 tons.
- Super Speed: Can travel great distances in an instant. Able to move nearly as fast as The Flash.
- Super Hearing: Can hear any sound at any volume or pitch and filer out and focus in on specific voices even in a crowded city.
- Endurance: Doesn't need to sleep, eat, or drink, can survive in outer space, and can maintain psychical exertion for very long periods of time without tiring.
- Heat Vision: Can fire rays of extreme heat and power from his eyes.
- X-Ray Vision: Can see through anything except lead.
- Telescopic Vision: Can focus his vision down to the microscopic level, or extend it out and focus it on objects far, far away.
- Super Breath: Can create whirlwinds by forcefully exhaling, or freeze objects or opponents by blowing freezing cold air at them (a.k.a. ice breath).
- Durability: Nearly impervious to any harm. Though can be hurt by beings with equal or greater power than his own, by magic, or by Kryptonite.
- Longevity: Ages much slower, though is not truly immortal.
- Healing: Can heal rapidly from injury.
- Photographic Memory: Can read at high speeds and remember every detail, as well as remember anything he's experienced with perfect clarity.