Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Teen Jean worthiness challenge

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mini Jean will have to prove herself worthy by running this gauntlet, the challenge is in two ways, a telekinesis battle and a telepathic battle. How far does she go in this. Please use feats and logic to back up points

No psi vampirism for teen Jean

1) original marvel girl

2) miniskirt marvel girl

3) xfactor Jean Grey

4) classic 90s Jean Grey

5) post OZT Phoenix costume Jean Grey

6) Revolution Jean Grey

7) new xmen Jean (pre sun dip)

8) green Phoenix Jean (teen Jean gets her psi leech powers)

Bonus gauntlet

1) hellion

2) Quentin

3) psylocke

4) Rachel

5) full powered Emma

6) madelyne Pryor (not goblin queen)

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roddy010 , @darthphoenix , @LordOfAllHumans , @AgeofHurricane , @ubungqingili , @martinceld , @Koays ,

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh....

Stops at either green skirt Jean do to a power edge or X-factor Jean do to a skill edge. Teen Jean just doesn't have the feats to deal with another telekinetic and her tp while unreasonably strong is probably at or just above X-Factor Jean who went toe to toe with Maddie Pryor who was stronger then her at the time....so Yea I'm going with 2 or 3.

Bonus- She has no Tk feats to argue she beats Hellion, but let's say she does. Then she may get pass Quire do to his over confidence. She gets smacked by Psylocke in TP and and TK do to greater skill, experience and power. Also I'd argue Rachel and Emma are stronger then anything seen from Maddie when not jobbing.

Really should be in the battle forums though.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She won't make if past herself, she is not skilled enough. on paper since she is Jean Grey and is exploring new aspects of her powers she is more powerful than every other person on here, but skill will be needed and she doesn't have enough. With the exception of Quire and Hellion she will need just as much skill as she has power to beat the others.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez, I thought she was around 90s Jean level because of the hype. Where does miniskirt Jean rank this days

How strong is hellion, what are his feats

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez, I thought she was around 90s Jean level because of the hype. Where does miniskirt Jean rank this days

How strong is hellion, what are his feats

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: Well Green Skirt Jean was on the cusp of wakening the Phoenix IRR. Xavier had trained also been training for a while and she was strong enough to topple Juggernaut with helmet on.

Hellion is a molecular level telekinetic, what he did to Omega sentinel when she was after Hope was more control and power then we've seen Teen Jean use. And that was before he got stronger control in Age of X. She can't beat him without PIS or another unexplained power bump.

Teen Jean is abnormally strong, don't get me wrong. Its just her best feat is holding off Xavier Jr and managing to call for help....of course he was controlling 3 powerful psychics and his entire team at the time so it its either awesome or lucky.

Pretty much everything she does is hard to really measure. Her beating Xorna makes no sense at all even after Xorna went through 3 and a half psychics. Her beat down of Gladiator can't be measured because of how his power levels work, and her only other feat is over coming Lady Mastermind....and people without powers do that.

I'd argue she can beat regular Marvel Girl who is less experienced then her but...really she's done nothing to prove her strength.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By del_torro

I know miniskirt Jean has impressive feats like taking out hulk and using tp over 3000 miles, but I don't know where to place her among modern telepaths like cuckoos, sage and Martha.

Teen Jean also has atomic level telekinesis as shown in NMH when she was pulling oxygen atoms in space, she's also shown high control like when she took the motorcycle apart.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: BS control. Sure we'll give her that because she did it, despite the huge number of reasons she shouldn't have been able to.

Teen Jean doesn't have atomic level feats. Just pulling in air doesn't mean much because she could've done that with her hands going by how empty we know that space is.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had just been teleported into space, she was pulling on individual oxygen molecules, and providing air pressure. Air doesn't stay in one place it diffuses and spreads out. The oxygen atoms were spreading out into space, and she was pulling each of them in. And pulling in air with your hands wouldn't really make sense or work in that scenario.

BTW, can anyone give me a heads up on how to upload images, I have some I want to add to the respect thread

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think she can get past herself. However, she runs the bonus gauntlet. Except Rachel and maybe Maddie. But, she has proven to be able to beat Xorna (whom beat Emma, and cuckoos) she has also stalemated gladiator (whom thanos was afraid to fight). She is inexperienced but I think her power will get her through. You can't talk about Gladiators power levels when he had full confidence when he started fighting Jean. Teen Jean won fair and square. You can't take that away from her. Teen Jean has thrown Thor into the air with no signs of strain.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been 2 years plus, teen Jean has gotten new feats and will be getting a solo soon, how far do you think she goes now, which of her older versions can she beat

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By del_torro
    AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really hard to say mainly due to Bendis pretty much writing whatever he wants, whenever he wants. It makes it so that her power level is pretty much all over the scale, even more so than is typical for a comic character. I'd say give us a couple more months of her solo title to get a feel for where she is currently.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nowadays, I say she can blow past X-Factor Jean no problem, and now stops at 90's. She has grown as a character, learning to take down enemies way more powerful, so miniskirt should be only a small problem. X-Factor Jean lacks telepathy until the end of that run, which I would bargain would make her a bit rusty, especially against one who simultaneously uses both telepathy and tk in her fighting style.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~Pokes head out of grave~ Eh....needs time. Im 80 percent sure some of her power levels from the first run have been quietly removed from continuity. But shes still something to be reckoned with. Id argue shed have a tough fight with Factor Jean but would get curbed by any one else on the list sans Quire for reasons already mentioned

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Agreed. She doesn't even give a hard fight to X-Factor Jean by virtue of being better and stronger. Only merely having the luxury of being a telepath and multitasking gives her a supreme edge. It would probably be a different story if X-Factor Jean had it a little earlier than Inferno.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njones5: wait, Teen Jean fought Thor????

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.