Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8003 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Teen jean grey expectations!!!

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, a new era in X-history is about to been, and even though we dont have the original jean grey back, we at least still have the teenage version... Who has been quite the mixed bag, some hate the way bendis writes her, while others think its beautiful and proactive.

So lets see, teen jean is going to be on Lemires Extra-ordinary x-men with Old Man logan, MAGIK!!!, Stormy, brain freeze, Kuuuurt! And bearded pietro :). So, what do you guys think, what are the things you expect to be changed in jeen, where do you see her at characterwise at the end of this run, possible plotlines youd like her to explore, adjustments in power level, reaction with teammates and other characters, how do you about her leaving ANXM, what do you expect from jeen in this run, and do you like her costume.

Alright guys, id like to hear what you think; our fave may be dad, but lets keep this forum alive!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't want her to be a Mary Sue anymore

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: yeah, i guess we could lose that bit lol, anxm kind off shoved her into every ones face, while the rest of the cast were wallpaper. Looking at the cast, its obvious there will be a reduction in scree time and powerlevel (come on, two omegas, one demon sorceress and storm), itll probably be as bad as 90s gold team was (brainfreeze, storm and bishop always outshi'ed jean)

Also, can you help me tag others who might be interested, only know a few people on the vine

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@del_torro: I'm on mobile right now so I can't tag, sorry.

But you should tag roddy010,koays, lordofallhumans, time, oldnightcrawler, hopesummersforthefuture, darthphoenix, avenger85, chiq and I'm sure I'm missing someone who might be interested lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

I don't want her to be a Mary Sue anymore

lol well that about says it all for me..

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Roddy010

I just want some tender moments between Jeen and Storm. This line up is reminiscent of Gold Team days (which had a lot of supporting moments between the two) and I would like to see Lemire touch bases on their relationship since Bendis or any other writer ever did. I figured Storm would be very protective of the younger version of her best friend. Also these two make one killer combo by themselves adding Magik into the mix makes this team pretty deadly.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro:

do they really need two teleporters on the same team????? they should keep magik but drop kurt and add someone else like gambit or jubilee

also i dont like jean's new costume its to much covered up on top and too show off at bottom. hopefully with a new writer jean will be better.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just excited on how she'd use her powers without xavier's tutelage. storm will be the one training her now.

i hope she doesn't become a storm-support like what rachel and psylocke is whenever they are with storm. I hope she gets more limelight.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's gonna get with Miles Morales

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: storm, magik ang jean combo, is the sort of think'g fans dream of. If this anything like gold team, jeen will be mostly wallpaper. @hopesummersforthefuture: i never looked at it from the point, but youre right, switch kurt with maybe an old face @darthphoenix: yeah she needs training, but i doubt storm could teach her tp and tk skills, i would psylocke to guest star as a mentor, but it seems sh'ell be tied up in uncanny

@kgb725: hell no.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: You know, they have something during their time in ultimate universe... xD

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@del_torro: You know, they have something during their time in ultimate universe... xD

no!!!! he liked her and thats it :PPPPPP

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kgb725
    rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope she became phoenix and dark phoenix, but the x men are avaliable to stop for once in her life, and she became jean again and dont die

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: it was all in his head

@rodrigomonsalv: please... No more phoenix, id like them to reaffirm her connection to it, but not make her the phoenix

@kgb725: it will never happen, shes older than him anyway...

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rubear
    del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfft, she was just being nice

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.