Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Should Jean learn\adapt more ways to use her abilities?

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll Should Jean learn\adapt more ways to use her abilities? (8 votes)

I'd like her to learn Telekinetically enhanced strength (Like Molly Hayes) 25%
    I'd like her to learn how to Telekinetically Regenerate herself/ Heal others (Like Icarus of the Eternals) 25%
    I'd like her to learn her Psionic energy form (Like Teen Jean) 50%
    I'd like her to use more Psionic Armour (Like Nate Grey/ Armor) 25%
    I'd like her to learn to absorb psionic energy (Like Teen Jean) 63%
    I'd like her to use more Psionic weapons (Like Psylocke/Rachel Grey) 38%
    I'd like her to learn to use Psychic senses, such as Psychometry and remote viewing ect... (Examples for Psychometry Longshot\Rachel Grey) 38%
    I'd like her to learn to Telepathically predict/read others movements\Attacks (Like Mr X) 25%
    I'd like her to learn how to Telekinetically become Insisible (like Psylocke) 25%
    Jean is fine as how she is... 13%
     • 
    Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can select multiple options... :)

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why not every ability ever??

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@the_living_tribunal_24: sorry not sure if you're pulling my leg, or being serious, either way my thought was to give her a bit more versatility rather than making her unstoppable, I just wanted to know what other people thought about it, and not sure why people aren't at least voting, even if it's Jean's fine the way she is, anyway thanks for posting... :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PyroFN

•Already done by Phoenix in the Uncanny X-Men: First Class series. Later, we see Teen Jean using her tk in hand-to-hand combat and like Phoenix, Teen Jeans memories are now added to Jean, giving her all of Teen Jeans info and abilities theoretically. So, it is entirely plausible and I’d love to see more of that.

•Teen Jean actually pulls off something akin to a resurrection in Venomized #5. With what little was left of her consciousness, she takes over the Poison body and takes it apart and reconstructs it into a new body identical to her old one, using her psychic form.

•I’d like to see that. We kind of already see it in the 90’s, but one specifically like Teen Jeans would be cool.

•Psychic Armor? That’s basically a psychic shield isn’t it? Or do you mean tactile telekinesis?

•Psychic leeching would be a definite benefit. Madelyne Pryor also has used psychic vampirism in her time as well.

•Not an unreasonable request. She has used Astral weapons before and has used Phoenix-like raptor claws made purely from her own psychic power to as much of a devastating effect as Psylockes psychic dagger.

•Already has on multiple occasions as far as the 60’s or 70’s era. Hasn’t stopped since, she doesn’t use it often enough though in my opinion, but that looks like it’s changing already.

•Precognition? Or a sixth sense? Either way, that would be cool in a martial arts sense.

•Interesting, but can’t see its application really when she already has telepathy that masks her presence. Maybe against foes with telepathic blocks???

I like Jean how she is, but I’m always open to see how she can use her abilities creatively.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red_Paladin_
    @pyrofn said:

•Already done by Phoenix in the Uncanny X-Men: First Class series. Later, we see Teen Jean using her tk in hand-to-hand combat and like Phoenix, Teen Jeans memories are now added to Jean, giving her all of Teen Jeans info and abilities theoretically. So, it is entirely plausible and I’d love to see more of that.

Right the one with the Knights of Hykon, where Jean downloaded Misty and Colleen's Martial art's knowledge, I agree I'd love to see more of that sort of physical combat from jean too...

•Teen Jean actually pulls off something akin to a resurrection in Venomized #5. With what little was left of her consciousness, she takes over the Poison body and takes it apart and reconstructs it into a new body identical to her old one, using her psychic form.

Yeah it is the same basic principal, it would likely require her practicing to make this ability Autonomic, or subconscious, so that she would regenerate damage...

•I’d like to see that. We kind of already see it in the 90’s, but one specifically like Teen Jeans would be cool.

Agreed :)

•Psychic Armor? That’s basically a psychic shield isn’t it? Or do you mean tactile telekinesis?

I guess somewhere between to two, I know Nate taught Franklin how to make Psionic Armour, which were basically body tight shields, and Armor's act's like both a shield and an exo-suit...

•Psychic leeching would be a definite benefit. Madelyne Pryor also has used psychic vampirism in her time as well.

Yeah I didn't recall Madelyn doing this, although I do know Teen Jean has done this a couple of times when using her energy form...

•Not an unreasonable request. She has used Astral weapons before and has used Phoenix-like raptor claws made purely from her own psychic power to as much of a devastating effect as Psylockes psychic dagger.

I've always liked her with claws as well, I'd personally like for it to be part of how she regularly fights... :)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

•Already has on multiple occasions as far as the 60’s or 70’s era. Hasn’t stopped since, she doesn’t use it often enough though in my opinion, but that looks like it’s changing already.

Definitely be good for her to use these more then... :)

•Precognition? Or a sixth sense? Either way, that would be cool in a martial arts sense.

Well Mister X actively reads consciously made intentions, although given Jean's connection to the Dark Mother, Precognition is a possibility, although I'd probably have her seeing only a few moments ahead, (Great for a fight) consciously, and prophetic dreams that give her vague warnings of things to come...

•Interesting, but can’t see its application really when she already has telepathy that masks her presence. Maybe against foes with telepathic blocks???

Yes as well as artificial beings and security systems, true invisibility has certain advantages over psychically induced perceptual blindness

I like Jean how she is, but I’m always open to see how she can use her abilities creatively.

Same, also thank you for joining this discussion... :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: 1) Madelyne absorbed the psychic death energy from Threnody. It was a boss screw you moment against someone who tried to use Maddie’s trauma against her.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53634/2064886-xman025_10_01.jpg

2) Who knows, maybe the first issue of Uncanny was hints of Jean gaining precognition.

3) Maybe. It’s weakness would be against infared vision, which I suppose is a good thing since there has to be some flaw in an ability like that.

Always happy to discuss Jean if I have something to contribute. ^.^

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_: 1) Madelyne absorbed the psychic death energy from Threnody. It was a boss screw you moment against someone who tried to use Maddie’s trauma against her.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53634/2064886-xman025_10_01.jpg

2) Who knows, maybe the first issue of Uncanny was hints of Jean gaining precognition.

3) Maybe. It’s weakness would be against infared vision, which I suppose is a good thing since there has to be some flaw in an ability like that.

Always happy to discuss Jean if I have something to contribute. ^.^

1) Thanks for that there are still runs I haven't gotten around to reading yet, for one reason or another...

2) Could be, maybe Blindfold could help her with learning about what she can do with it...

3)Yes Inferred and Sonar would still work, as she would be bending the visible spectrum of light, she would also have to navigate by telekinetic touch sense (which she used in return of Wolverine issue 3) and/or Clairvoyance (Mindsight/Remote Viewing) because from her perspective she would be standing in complete blackness...

Well it's very much appreciated, I find your posts to be very well thought out and articulated... :)

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After teen Jean got that pis strength against gladiator I don't think so

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.