Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Recent Changes and Upcoming Developments for Jean

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

X-Men #12 was superb and indicated that in addition to having dropped the Marvel Girl garb a few issues back, Jean may have also dropped the Marvel Girl moniker, which she did years before the Krakoan era. Additionally, it seems she'll be facing off against Cordyceps Jones. Finally, there is a chance we may see the return of her psionic energy absorption ability, especially during what is expected to be a big moment for her. (FYI: Gerry Duggan, the current writer of X-Men, revealed to me that Jean "crushes it" at the end of year one, i.e., in issue #12, and recently liked a tweet in which I requested that he bring back her psionic absorption ability, i.e., "pink form.")

No Caption Provided

Also, Jean has been on quite a few covers in the last months and will continue to be so in the upcoming months.

Additionally, she will be featured in the following book:

Lastly, I can't say much else, but I've spoken to two current X-writers via DM on Twitter (they have verified accounts), and they've each confirmed, independently of one another, that Jean has "a lot of cool and exciting" upcoming developments.

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, she had a spectacular showing in X-Men Unlimited #35, which dropped yesterday on Marvel Unlimited. If you can, check it out!

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some more Judgment Day covers dropped.

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's that cover girl bitch!

I just hope her exposure on the promo materials/covers is reflected in her relevance and showings in the story too...

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian-shard: i meant in the Judgement Day AXE event, not the stuff in the future that you mentioned before

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Obsidian-Shard
    @marvelfan1992 said:

@obsidian-shard: i meant in the Judgement Day AXE event, not the stuff in the future that you mentioned before

Oh. Well, I was referring to all of it. I mean, I think what Gillen is going to do with her in Judgment Day (see tweet above) will spearhead the developments I've been told she is going to undergo within the next 1-3 years. I doubt him wanting to revisit the original Inferno—"especially because [he's] doing some Jean Grey stuff in Judgment Day"—means that he's just going to treat her as a background or passing character. And, as I noted above, I think his work with her will both act as the catalyst for and reverberate throughout her upcoming developments.

We'll find out soon enough!

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Obsidian-Shard

Last month, I begged Schiti to share a preview of Jean in Judgment Day, and he promised he would. I had to remind him last week, to which he graciously replied, thanking me for the reminder. He finally made good on his promise! Her hair, uniform, and pose—everything about her, really—are exquisitely rendered.

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obsidian-Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Obsidian-Shard

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's that bitch

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.