Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8002 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

New God or Goddess

Avatar image for child_of_the_dark_phoenix
    Child Of The Dark Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since Jean can hold the entire universe in her hands. and not mess anything up. all the way down to the atoms and quarks that make the atoms up. Does that mean that she could destroy powerful people like. Docter strange-Thor-Hulk-Ironman..and other people/ without even doing anything. because if she can hold the universe that means that she could destroy it? right?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Yeah, clearly she could just crush it..... when did she hold the universe? O__O
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By crimsonspider89

If she is White Phoenix, yes. She is the universe pretty much in that form.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:
    " Yeah, clearly she could just crush it..... when did she hold the universe? O__O "

MY FIRST PIC UPLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

White Phoenix can theoretically hold any universe in her hands. When she held 616 in her hands, Quire told her if it was him, he would just let it die. Plenty more where that came from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg said:
    " White Phoenix can theoretically hold any universe in her hands. When she held 616 in her hands, Quire told her if it was him, he would just let it die. Plenty more where that came from. "
    So if Jean herself died. Would the Phoenix still be able to do that???
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Korg
    @Child Of The Dark Phoenix said:

" So if Jean herself died. Would the Phoenix still be able to do that??? "

Jean already died, so the answer to that would be yes. In fact, that all happened in Grant Morrison's run. Magneto (actually Xorn) killed Jean. Jean subsequently is pictured as White Phoenix (for the first time, I believe). Jean had already been dead for a while as of the scan you yourself posted.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

i thought that she wasnt necessarilly dead but she was the white phoenix or where ever the phoenix force goes so she can learn
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Korg
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " i thought that she wasnt necessarilly dead but she was the white phoenix or where ever the phoenix force goes so she can learn "

Jean Grey's body died. Any Phoenix shenanigans after that have to do with the cosmic abstract being of the Phoenix Force. Jean is an avatar of the Phoenix Force, and by all appearances the highest ranking of all avatars. However, it is not her physical body that is holding that universe in her hands. It's her soul, life essence, or whatever you want to call it. At least, that's how I see it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

however you say it the effect looks MAJORELY KOOL

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Korg said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " i thought that she wasnt necessarilly dead but she was the white phoenix or where ever the phoenix force goes so she can learn "
    Jean Grey's body died. Any Phoenix shenanigans after that have to do with the cosmic abstract being of the Phoenix Force. Jean is an avatar of the Phoenix Force, and by all appearances the highest ranking of all avatars. However, it is not her physical body that is holding that universe in her hands. It's her soul, life essence, or whatever you want to call it. At least, that's how I see it. "

ah, makes sense. So hope is basically a reincarnation of Jean, and at any point in time they could do a stroy on jean and hope sharing the same body or jean beomcing hope or vise versa
    cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

I'm not sure i want jean to follow in betsys footsteps...
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Korg
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne

@Korg
    said:
    "Jean Grey's body died. Any Phoenix shenanigans after that have to do with the cosmic abstract being of the Phoenix Force. Jean is an avatar of the Phoenix Force, and by all appearances the highest ranking of all avatars. However, it is not her physical body that is holding that universe in her hands. It's her soul, life essence, or whatever you want to call it. At least, that's how I see it. "
    Avatar image for victoriagrey_2010
    VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, completely wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.