Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8002 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

My thoughts on Jean Grey in the battle threads.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I have noticed whenever Jean is used in the battles forums, people always ask if she has the pheonix or not, and what level of power. 
    My thought is, if the OP says Jean Grey, it should be assumed it is Jean Grey without the pheonix force.  If the OP want's Pheonix level Jean they should comment on which level she is at (regular, white, green, ect.) or Marvel Girl levels.
    Agree/disagree? 

Or am I just sending out a pipe dream?
    nickDMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nickDMC

There's no point in having Jean in battle threads anyways. 
    Too many fans that would say she would win no matter what , HAHA.
    But, I agree. The OP should specify in the first post.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By courtney12490
    @Donovan Montgomery: I respectfully disagree. Battle forum rules dictate that it's the most current version of a character unless otherwise specified. Besides, the PF is an integral part of Jean Grey and her power-set. However, the level that she is at should be specified, because frankly, the WPoTC is insanely powerful. 
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I usually use the most recent version of a character. Which makes me a hypocrite because I never think Jean has the Phoenix in battles unless stated that she does.

I guess the reason is because if every battle with Jean automatically means White Phoenix of the Crown, then it's usually going to be an unfair battle.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467
    @Donovan Montgomery: I would agree, but like Courtney said, the Phoenix Force is part of Jean. She's the ultimate host of it. In fact, actually, I wouldn't even say she's a host. She is the Phoenix. If it weren't for that fact, I would agree with you. To be honest though, I really wish the Phoenix weren't a part of her. 
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
    "I usually use the most recent version of a character. Which makes me a hypocrite because I never think Jean has the Phoenix in battles unless stated that she does.  I guess the reason is because if every battle with Jean automatically means White Phoenix of the Crown, then it's usually going to be an unfair battle. "
    This is why  I say this, it is supposed to be a givin that it is their current level, but, it is still asked in every battle she is in as Jean "does she have the pheonix".  So just put which pheonix she is at for the battle and if none are givin,regular Jean it is I guess......I see what you mean about it being a part of her tho.
    @courtney12490:

It's the variation of power she gets shown with at any givin time I wonder about. 
    xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xmenfallen

i agree with this 100 percent so bharri please do this

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By courtney12490
    @Donovan Montgomery: I agree, it does get confusing especially with people always asking what version of Jean it is.
    Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida

I would respectfully disagree. Jean has had some form of the Phoenix Force for most of her career, so in a way it is like Wolverine's adamantium; while they have both existed without these additions, generally they are also both thought of as having them due to the length of time that they have had them.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Donovan Montgomery: I respectfully disagree. Battle forum rules dictate that it's the most current version of a character unless otherwise specified. Besides, the PF is an integral part of Jean Grey and her power-set. However, the level that she is at should be specified, because frankly, the WPoTC is insanely powerful.  "
    The WPoTC?
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By courtney12490
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Donovan Montgomery: I respectfully disagree. Battle forum rules dictate that it's the most current version of a character unless otherwise specified. Besides, the PF is an integral part of Jean Grey and her power-set. However, the level that she is at should be specified, because frankly, the WPoTC is insanely powerful.  "
    The WPoTC? "
    White Phoenix of the Crown
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Zoom

I agree with Donovan.  Jean was around for decades without the Phoenix Force both before and after becoming the Phoenix the first time. 

If you want her to have it in your battle, say she's got it.  Otherwise, it should be assumed she doesn't, if for no other reason than saying "Jean and Phoenix" is easier than saying "Jean without the Phoenix Force and Jean."
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    The WPoTC? "
    White Phoenix of the Crown "
    .... dare I ask?

*doesnt read much X-stuff*
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By courtney12490
    @InnerVenom123 said:

" @courtney12490 said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    The WPoTC? "
    .... dare I ask?  *doesnt read much X-stuff* "
    She apparently transcended "regular" Phoenix and held the visualization of a universe in her hands at the end of Morrison's New X-Men run. She is insanely powerful and is arguably a multiversal force.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:

" @courtney12490 said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    The WPoTC? "
    She apparently transcended "regular" Phoenix and held the visualization of a universe in her hands at the end of Morrison's New X-Men run. She is insanely powerful and is arguably a multiversal force. "
    Wow.
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By courtney12490
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:

" @courtney12490 said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    The WPoTC? "
    She apparently transcended "regular" Phoenix and held the visualization of a universe in her hands at the end of Morrison's New X-Men run. She is insanely powerful and is arguably a multiversal force. "
    Wow. "
    Ya, it was pretty impressive.
    Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
    @courtney12490 said: 
    Ya, it was pretty impressive. "
    And yet there were some versions that weren't all that impressive. That's one thing that doesn't make sense to me. If Jean is the Phoenix, and the Phoenix is Jean, why can't Jean always access all of the power of the Phoenix anytime she wants? Why are certain incarnations more or less powerful than others? I don't get it. 
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By courtney12490
    @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said: 
    Ya, it was pretty impressive. "
    And yet there were some versions that weren't all that impressive. That's one thing that doesn't make sense to me. If Jean is the Phoenix, and the Phoenix is Jean, why can't Jean always access all of the power of the Phoenix anytime she wants? Why are certain incarnations more or less powerful than others? I don't get it.  "
    I think that a lot of it is plot-based. How powerful does she need to be to suit the situation? Oh, Phoenix never exhibited any of those powers before? Let's make a new one!
    Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xi Felix
    @Donovan Montgomery said:
    "

I have noticed whenever Jean is used in the battles forums, people always ask if she has the pheonix or not, and what level of power. My thought is, if the OP says Jean Grey, it should be assumed it is Jean Grey without the pheonix force.  If the OP want's Pheonix level Jean they should comment on which level she is at (regular, white, green, ect.) or Marvel Girl levels.Agree/disagree?  Or am I just sending out a pipe dream? "

I agree.
    Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
    @courtney12490 said: 
    I think that a lot of it is plot-based. How powerful does she need to be to suit the situation? Oh, Phoenix never exhibited any of those powers before? Let's make a new one! "
    Yeah, you're probably right. So, would you consider that plot induced stupidity or just plot induced?
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By courtney12490
    @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said: 
    I think that a lot of it is plot-based. How powerful does she need to be to suit the situation? Oh, Phoenix never exhibited any of those powers before? Let's make a new one! "
    Yeah, you're probably right. So, would you consider that plot induced stupidity or just plot induced? "
    More plot induced than plot induced stupidity.
    Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silver2467
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said: 
    Yeah, you're probably right. So, would you consider that plot induced stupidity or just plot induced? "
    More plot induced than plot induced stupidity. "
    Do you think it's weird at all though that even though she's supposed to be one with the Phoenix her power fluctuates?
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By courtney12490
    @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said: 
    Do you think it's weird at all though that even though she's supposed to be one with the Phoenix her power fluctuates? "
    Yes, but I also think that some of it is just her learning how to harness and utilize the Phoenix Force, as well.
    Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Silver2467 said:
    " @courtney12490 said: 
    Do you think it's weird at all though that even though she's supposed to be one with the Phoenix her power fluctuates? "
    Yes, but I also think that some of it is just her learning how to harness and utilize the Phoenix Force, as well. "
    That makes sense. 
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hellos

Generally as a rule of thumb for me unless someone's stating she doesn't have it, she has it. Right now the character is the Phoenix Force.  
    I have no problem having the OP correct me if he meant otherwise either way. 

@xmenfallen said:

"i agree with this 100 percent so bharri please do this "

I assume hes banned by now, since we haven't had an influx of jean grey ______ ____ vs _______ _____ polls or threads. I hope he stays banned.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hellos
    @Edamame said:
    " @Hellos: LOL. Why did he get banned? "

Haven't seen him mindless make thread after thread for a while, making me think he got banned. The guy was clearly trolling anyways in my book. 
    There was no chance in hell for a decent debate in any of his threads and it usually started off with JEAN WINS.
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos said:

"
    Generally as a rule of thumb for me unless someone's stating she doesn't have it, she has it. Right now the character is the Phoenix Force.  
    I have no problem having the OP correct me if he meant otherwise either way. 

This is my point, if the OP doen't want her to have it, that should be stated in the op so it's known what level she is battling at and it doens't have to be asked later in the thread.  And when responding to Jean threads that DO have it mentioned, or clarified somewhere already, don't say "she loses unless she has the Pheonix, then she stomps" (<<not sure if that makes sense) especiailly if your saying it on the same page as the clarification.  It just starts the peonix question all over again and detracts from the battle. 
    If Jean is up against street levlers, I think it should be assumed she's not full peonix power level.  Common sense right?  

@courtney12490    
    As for them just giving her new powers/feats for plot's sake, isn't that why they retconned Superman?  lol

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By courtney12490
    @Hellos said:
    " @Edamame said:
    " @Hellos: LOL. Why did he get banned? "
    Haven't seen him mindless make thread after thread for a while, making me think he got banned. The guy was clearly trolling anyways in my book. There was no chance in hell for a decent debate in any of his threads and it usually started off with JEAN WINS. "
    Or Storm wins or Jean and Storm win. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.