Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Maybe with teen jean going into the future .....

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

....maybe the timeline will change so she may not be dead or adult scott wont turn bad here's why:

Nrama: Well, Brian, I know there's still not a whole lot you can say about All-New X-Men at this point, but what else should readers know about the book?

Bendis: There will be a very specific point in the X-Men history where the [original] X-Men are being pulled out of, and you will get to see that moment. I literally went over those issues over and over and over again to find the perfect place.

And imagine also — the thing that I'm so excited about — they come here as a group, but the things they discover about themselves may pull them apart. They're coming here as a team thinking they're unbreakable, and then you find out what Cyclops did, and what happened to Jean, and they might not so in love with each other the next day

Nrama: And it does seem that a lot of fans are fixating on the time travel aspect — wondering how the original X-Men can stay in the present without everything else being changed.

Bendis: I completely agree with that, but there's the Back to the Future time travel, which is what most of us hold to as the rules of time travel. But there are other ways to look at it. I talk about it a little in the Kang storyline — you can look at time as a straight line that you can go forward or backwards in, or you can look at it as a constant, you can look at it as the thing that isn't moving. There are so many different ways. Buy one copy of Wired magazine published in the last three years, you'll find an article about this. There are other ways of looking at time travel.

For those who are fearful of the time/space continuum — you should be! It's constantly in flux, it's constantly being abused by people in the Marvel Universe, and there will be a price to pay. And this isn't the only story [where] I'm going to be *&^%^&* with it.

brucecapell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By brucecapell

Not sure what Bendis or Marvel has plan for the long run. Furry Beast believes he doesn't have much time left so he feels he has to do something drastic for mutants to have a better future. Present Cyclops will see who he use to be and maybe change his ways and the original 5 x-men will see what the present holds and try to change their future. Not sure why the original 5 x-men stay though. Time travel leaves a lot of questions.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucecapell: maybe they will One More Day this relationship

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Man I just want Jean back lol

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5  Edited By McKlayn

I pretty much have all the same questions about Time Travel and how can the book centered around the original 5 x men stay around i mean the CANT stay in the future? Can They? But after they leave what does that leave for the book? I have decided one simple thing, pfft i don't care! The story is great so far and i will worry about it as it comes up :D

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By arnoldoaad

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

....maybe the timeline will change so she may not be dead or adult scott wont turn bad here's why

Time Travel in Marvel doesnt work like that

the moment Beast went to the past he created a new time line, one where the 5 original X-men just suddenly dissappeared without leaving trace

but it didnt modify its own timeline, this was explain during the whole Cable and Bishop travel on tme to get Hope

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7  Edited By McKlayn

@arnoldoaad said:

....maybe the timeline will change so she may not be dead or adult scott wont turn bad here's why

Time Travel in Marvel doesnt work like that

the moment Beast went to the past he created a new time line, one where the 5 original X-men just suddenly dissappeared without leaving trace

but it didnt modify its own timeline, this was explain during the whole Cable and Bishop travel on tme to get Hope

Yes and No, Layla Miller was able to bypass the traditional rules of time travel and give herself knowledge of "stuff" for further details please click the link

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=207&page=8

cause yea ;D basically you can get around that rule should you really want too you just have to be creative.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey:

adult scott: what time is it???

teen jean: its about half past time to kick ur butt!!!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if logan or rachel tell teen jean about scott and emma....i would feel bad for her, it would be like all of jean's nightmares come true

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: WITH A KNIFE lol jk XD

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By KDarkholme

Maybe if someone tells Jean when and where exactly the Phoenix comes to her, she might reject it and just die there, only 1 time. To spare herself the pain of dying over and over again.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JonSmith

Kind of curious if anyone has the scans for when they were pulled out of time in the original comics, if he was so thorough about picking a spot.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KDarkholme said:

Maybe if someone tells Jean when and where exactly the Phoenix comes to her, she might reject it and just die there, only 1 time. To spare herself the pain od dying over and over again.

wow that was harsh

@JonSmith said:

Kind of curious if anyone has the scans for when they were pulled out of time in the original comics, if he was so thorough about picking a spot.

it was before marvel girl had telepathy and there all about 16

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JonSmith

@JonSmith said:

No, I mean, if he was so thorough about picking a moment, then I assume there was a moment in the original comics when Beast (prior to his transformation) was about to leave the X-Men, which is when Modern Beast popped in and said hello. I'm wondering if anyone has scans of that moment in the original comics up until this storyline began with Modern Beast's interference.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucecapell: @McKlayn: @oviouslyjeangrey: @KDarkholme: @JonSmith:

ok this is going to be weird but when teen scott and teen jean go into the future (which is the present)........

Adult jean and scott never got a divorce then technically there still married, so which guy is teen jean married too?????

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JonSmith

@brucecapell: @McKlayn: @oviouslyjeangrey: @KDarkholme: @JonSmith:

ok this is going to be weird but when teen scott and teen jean go into the future (which is the present)........

Adult jean and scott never got a divorce then technically there still married, so which guy is teen jean married too?????

I don't think the younger Jean and Scott are married yet. As for the elder Scott, I don't think Scott's marriage license counts with the younger one, since she didn't agree to it.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@KDarkholme said:

Maybe if someone tells Jean when and where exactly the Phoenix comes to her, she might reject it and just die there, only 1 time. To spare herself the pain of dying over and over again.

Well if that happens then 616 and all other universes will be destroyed without Green Phoenix to stop the M'Kraan Crystal. Even if she doesn't except it, it will eventually come for her as Death said that it was her destiny to become Phoenix. According to canon the Phoenix is just a hidden aspect locked inside her anyway as shown when she found Scott before Xavier started the School.

I doubt she'll reject it when she sees what is at stake, the life of her friends on that shuttle will end if she doesn't become Phoenix she'll do what she was born to do.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By KDarkholme

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@KDarkholme said:

Well if that happens then 616 and all other universes will be destroyed without Green Phoenix to stop the M'Kraan Crystal. Even if she doesn't except it, it will eventually come for her as Death said that it was her destiny to become Phoenix. According to canon the Phoenix is just a hidden aspect locked inside her anyway as shown when she found Scott before Xavier started the School.

I doubt she'll reject it when she sees what is at stake, the life of her friends on that shuttle will end if she doesn't become Phoenix she'll do what she was born to do.

That is true, I didn't even think of that. Great point.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Logan to jean before the O5 go back in time.

Jeanie this is the K,un Lun find them when you get back to your time. They can help prevent the whole death thing from happen.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Jeanie this is the K,un Lun find them when you get back to your time. They can help prevent the whole death thing from happen.

They really can't, Jean didn't become Phoenix in body like Hope was to be used as a host. Jean provided a template for the Phoenix and only her soul was involved in the actual bonding process, Jean Grey's body will be at the bottom of the Jamaica Bay and by the time the Phoenix consciousness began to make contact with her the second time she didn't need any training, she said she was dealing with the rushes just fine and was strong enough to hold the Phoenix at bay so that it couldn't take her over, until she died in the Sun.

If Jean neglects her destiny then the M'Kraan crystal will glow just as angrily as it did when Legions time manipulation caused Jean not to become Phoenix in AOA and it will wipe out all that is, due to the breach not being fixed, maybe she can learn from the future not to neglect her Phoenix duties in New Xmen so that her death at the hands of Xorn is not necessary, and then M Day can be avoided since all that was needed to break the spell was Phoenix, with Jean there it can be undone just as fast it was cast.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith said:

@JonSmith said:

No, I mean, if he was so thorough about picking a moment, then I assume there was a moment in the original comics when Beast (prior to his transformation) was about to leave the X-Men, which is when Modern Beast popped in and said hello. I'm wondering if anyone has scans of that moment in the original comics up until this storyline began with Modern Beast's interference.

Are you talking about Issue #8 when Beast quit after a mob chased him and Iceman (I think they were beaten up a bit)? It's tough for me to pinpoint that moment because that issue is very hard to locate as a re-print - it was the issue in which they fought Unus.

Scans from that issue are from a great blog that reviews older X-Men and New Mutants comics at: http://gentlemenofleisure1.blogspot.com/2009/04/x-amining-x-men-8.html

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@JonSmith said:

@JonSmith said:

Are you talking about Issue #8 when Beast quit after a mob chased him and Iceman (I think they were beaten up a bit)? It's tough for me to pinpoint that moment because that issue is very hard to locate as a re-print - it was the issue in which they fought Unus.

Scans from that issue are from a great blog that reviews older X-Men and New Mutants comics at: http://gentlemenofleisure1.blogspot.com/2009/04/x-amining-x-men-8.html

Yeah, that's it.

And this is the rest -

Naturally, Bendis Bendified the scene, but you get the gist. That's the point from whence Old Beast decided to pop in.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Crimsonlord53 said:

They really can't, Jean didn't become Phoenix in body like Hope was to be used as a host. Jean provided a template for the Phoenix and only her soul was involved in the actual bonding process, Jean Grey's body will be at the bottom of the Jamaica Bay and by the time the Phoenix consciousness began to make contact with her the second time she didn't need any training, she said she was dealing with the rushes just fine and was strong enough to hold the Phoenix at bay so that it couldn't take her over, until she died in the Sun.

If Jean neglects her destiny then the M'Kraan crystal will glow just as angrily as it did when Legions time manipulation caused Jean not to become Phoenix in AOA and it will wipe out all that is, due to the breach not being fixed, maybe she can learn from the future not to neglect her Phoenix duties in New Xmen so that her death at the hands of Xorn is not necessary, and then M Day can be avoided since all that was needed to break the spell was Phoenix, with Jean there it can be undone just as fast it was cast.

cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.