Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Marvel Teases the Possible Return of Jean Grey

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Overlander: shut up

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By oraclefyre

@blueninjapanther said:

Why can't they just make them dead.

Well, technically this Jean would have never died because they're taking her from the past. And I realised why I'm typing this that it sounds confusing just like the Phoenix stuff.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By Overlander

Personally, I believe in the Jean + Scott relationship and bringing her back is just going to feed into a terrible (and utterly trite) romance triangle. I'd love to see her appearing in TV shows, movies, and games with the freedom from decades upon decades of continuity. She is a great character and Scott belongs with her. Right now he is really damaged goods since she was a great anchor for him. He's made some questionable decisions over the time she's been dead and he needs to fix himself without her return. I do not believe the direction he took leading up to her death... marital abstinence coupled with psychic infidelity. So bizarre and it completely cheapened everything about their relationship: the investment, the companionship, and the hard work that goes into a successful marriage.

Few writers were able to write Jean correctly imo and bringing her back without a clear reason/plan/role/etc is damaging to the character. It makes one of the strongest (not just in power, but also in character) women of the Marvel universe utterly wasted. She should not return (presumably through the power of the phoenix) to roll back the events of M Day. She shouldn't come back just to be a romantic foil for Wolverine and Cyclops. She should come back to fulfill a higher purpose in rebirth, not to be some convenient fix to get the universe where a writer wants it to be.

Many presume to speak for all of us in support of her return, but there are more than a few users posting in opposition to her return. Those of us in opposition have our different reasons, but I respect that there are two sides to this debate. Personally, I think she should go the way of Gwen & Uncle Ben and stay dead, living in loving memory because I don't trust any of Marvel's current writers to bring her back to be more than she has already been. For those of us who have loved, lost, and moved on, Scott surviving a deceased Jean is an important story. Scott has baggage with Jean's (yes, the Phoenix's) death that still hasn't been resolved since Claremont's run in the 80s. I'd much rather the X-Men's humpty dumpty be put back together again.

@oviouslyjeangrey: Don't get your hopes up.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204  Edited By blackkitty

They already stated, one of the new books is going to be the original x-men go forward in time and see what the x-men become so yes, Jean Grey will be back.

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By jaredbright

Will she ask who killed her and how many times?

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#206  Edited By GR2Blackout

If Jean returns.... wait, I haven't read any X-Men comics lately, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Are mutants accepted now? Is Professor Xavier alive? Are they still fighting The Avengers?

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torzone: YES!

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Green ankh: haha nice

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#209  Edited By Jenkale

can't wait for jean grey to return. been waiting 8 years. she is my favorite hero of all time (with wonder woman a close second). not sorry haters, she is coming back get over. i'm hoping she will be part of the uncanny avengers comic (it does look like hulk behind her) maybe even make her a team leader or second in command.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#210  Edited By StormyWeather

@Perfect 10: id love that too!! bring Jean back in a different way, she doesn't HAVE to be an X-Man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.