Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 7984 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

List of people who can beat Jean Grey/Phoenix

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fantomex13

Who can beat Jean Grey Phoenix?

Please make a list?

Can Silver Surfer or Gladiator beat her? If the 2 teamed up against her?

Your help is greatly appreciated - thanks :)

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

um im a jean fan so but I think the only people that can be her are TOAA LT and some other cosmic being but not sliver surfer

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Which phoenix newly bonded jean dark phoenix jean or phoenix of the white crown jean?

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

I think it just jean and the phoenix in general so all of them? I'm guessing

jimroote99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jimroote99

TOAA

beyonder

thanos with IG or HOTU

living tribunal

molecule man

abraxas

celestials

goblin force

galactus

tyrant

mad jim jaspers

nemesis

and more

i_am_catch22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By i_am_catch22

going purely from sci fi ive seen recently

q (any q) from star trek tng, ds9 or voy

captain jack from doctor who (after he was made immortal of course)

rose tyler from doctor who (with the time vortex inside her)

kes from star trek voyager (when she had all her powers in season 6)

godzilla (only in some of the movies (most certainly NOT the garbage tristar made in 99))

and about anyone else with telekinesis or a decent ship

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@jimroote99: Wrong Galactus cant beat her.

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By marvellover1

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@jimroote99: Wrong Galactus cant beat her.

Actually most of his list was wrong

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueMarvel

Thor. He KO'ed the pheonix Force already.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XsPectre28

none have fought phoenix of the white crown yet.... u know the one that can destroy & recreate whole realities.... just saying. most of the fights being refered to were not a fully powered phoenix except when phoenix(rachel) fought the beyonder. phoenix birthed galactus in this(616) universe after she saved him from the last universe thru the big bang so i think a fully powered phoenix can beat him too. AvX wins against phoenix..... shameful & dumbed down powerwise on phoenix part

Bionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I utterly hate jean's pheonix powers. At least anime ends somewhere , american comics especially Marvel and Dc have no chill with their nonsense upgrades and inconsistencies. You create a character thats street leveler and turn it to a universal threat so powerful it becomes bullshit. Jean soloing an entire planet,, TF? Dont they have mutants there as well.. Wasnt she born by fusion of sperm and egg.. Fine she's a mutant but really? Now so many powerful characters in marvel it is almost laughable. As for who can defeat ridiculous pheonix.

Well.... LUCY ( scarlet johansen)

P.S: Animes are better than comics.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bionar: OK......that was... Something....

I know opinions are opinions, and I respect that. Still, I could not find the point of your rant because of how you kept jumping subjects, some of which had nothing to do with the question.

As for your answer on Lucy....maybe she would work against Phoenix and Dark Phoenix, but I highly doubt she could take on White Phoenix of the Crown. Lucy seems to be a Universal threat, whereas White Phoenix is multiversal.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_catch22: Hmm,Let's see your list:

1) Q: This one is plausible to destroy Phoenix and Dark Phoenix. White Phoenix is up in the air, due to the nature of her powers being above your average host. In fact, a regular host can do all that a q could do. Still, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix are Jean as human with the Phoenix inhabiting her, White Phjoenix is the entirety of the Phoenix in its natural state combined with Jean.

2) Jack Harkness: Totally disagree with this one. He may be immortal, but so are the Phoenixes. It would be stalemate if they would only attempt to kill him, but they don't need to. Phoenix and Dark Phoenix could incapacitate him easily, whereas Jack has to figure a way to kill them due to the OP's request. Even ihe could figure it out, there is still White Phoenix to worry about. He can't do anything to White Phoenix, at all.

3) Bad Wolf: This one is the best choice of your list. She decks the Phoenixes and would stalemate White Phoenix......at least, she would, if her body wouldn't die from exposure to the heart of the tardis. Good choice though.

4) Kes: Interesting choice. I suspect she could deal with Green Phoenix, but not Dark Phoenix.

5) Godzilla: No.

@truemarvel: Nope, it was the other way around.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimroote99: Galactus, Goblin Force, Celestials, and Thanos with I/G cannot take on the White Phoenix. Dark Phoenix is even debatable.

no1reallyhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most omega level mutants can do it, also superman prime 1 million, the flash ( after fully understanding the speedforce ), black racer and black flash also green lantern

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no1reallyhere: Most omegas- Not really for either Jean or Phoenix. Jean is a more skilled psychic than every named psychic on the list of omegas, bar reality warpers. Reality warmers can't harm the Phoenix full powered, that being White Phoenix. Green and Dark are debatable at best and unlikely realistically.

Superman Prime- Against Jean? Ok. Phoenix? Heck no. Physical hits can't harm the Phoenix, nor is death a permanent solution. That is regular Green and Dark. Add White and he stands no chance.

Flash- Same results against Jean. Possible wins against Phoenix assuming she isn't flying. He stand no chance against White. She doesn't have a body in the physical sense and resides in a dimension he can't get to or has knowledge of.

Black racer- you can't kill the Phoenix.

Black flash- same results as flash.

Green lantern- possibly for Jean. (Don't know how fast he is. No for Phoenix.

BlissDubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Holy fuck, somehow you are more cringy and retarded than the weeaboo. You're genuinely pathetic, and you just plainly have shallow tastes.

But you gave me a ton of laughs at your expense reading everything you posted here. Thanks, I guess. Dork.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PyroFN

@blissdubbs said:

@pyrofn: Holy fuck, somehow you are more cringy and retarded than the weeaboo. You're genuinely pathetic, and you just plainly have shallow tastes.

But you gave me a ton of laughs at your expense reading everything you posted here. Thanks, I guess. Dork.

Well, nice explanation. Now, I fully realize how wrong I am because you totally gave a reason for your viewpoint.

Good riddance, meaningless imbecile.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix 101

rachel said- the colors of the phoenix costumes doesnt mean anything. they are just preference.

phoenix force - parts of the White Phoenix of the crown.

White phoenix of the crown decides how much powers a phoenix force can use

who can beat jean?- Many

who can beat/destroy the white phoenix of the crown? - no one. If the cosmic gods see that the Phoenix is in danger, they will gang up to help the white phoenix of the crown. No one would want to destroy The Phoenix. YOU DESTROY IT, YOU DESTROY EVERYTHING

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a1bde175a
    deactivated-6075a1bde175a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix 101

rachel said- the colors of the phoenix costumes doesnt mean anything. they are just preference.

phoenix force - parts of the White Phoenix of the crown.

White phoenix of the crown decides how much powers a phoenix force can use

who can beat jean?- Many

who can beat/destroy the white phoenix of the crown? - no one. If the cosmic gods see that the Phoenix is in danger, they will gang up to help the white phoenix of the crown. No one would want to destroy The Phoenix. YOU DESTROY IT, YOU DESTROY EVERYTHING

So does this mean green phoenix could change reality?

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Chthon can.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.