Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

How do you think Scott will react with Jean's return?

• 174 results
    LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LadyHarley

It's common knowledge that Jean is returning. Well, the Phoenix Force is but Jean has long been associated with the Phoenix, so lets just for arguments sake that she might come back. But I just want to know how you think Scott will react. He's been in a stable relationship with Emma for years now, but what will he do if his wife returns?

I honestly don't want another love triangle. The Jean-Scott-Emma thing was a fiasco and now I'm just glad it's blown over now. And Emma acts very unlike herself whenever Jean is brought up. Hell, if Jean *had* to end up with somebody I say just put her with Logan and avoid the whole love triangle saga all together.

I love Jean and I love Scott (sort of) and I love Emma. But the situation will get very messy if not handled properly.

*Edit*

Logan named a school after her, but what will he do with her return?

AND what will Jean think of the current state and events that have occurred to the X-Men and Mutant community.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By CATPANEXE

I think they intend for their to be some sort of dynamic tension, which is pretty much par the course for a comic book. Jason sewed the seeds of this shortly at the end of Wolverine Goes To Hell with Scott's reaction over knowing Wolverine had a run-in with both Kurt on the side but a manifestation of Jean as well. To that they already as much as stated that a lot of what Jason did in that Wolverine run would effect what was going on in the Regenesis books, especially WATXM of course. I think in short they'll make it messy one way or another just to springboard a bit of drama. Love the avatar BTW.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979
    @LadyHarley
    why don't you ask two other questions?
    1. How do you think Logan will react?
    2. How do you think Jean will react on the recent events in the lives of X-Men? Including infamous Schism?
    luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By luckydomino1

good question i don't know well we are just going to have to see what the writers do they better make smart choices and hopefully they keep her alive and

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#5  Edited By time1

@Kairan1979 said:

@LadyHarley: why don't you ask two other questions? 1. How do you think Logan will react? 2. How do you think Jean will react on the recent events in the lives of X-Men? Including infamous Schism?

that's a good idea, how about you create them. There your ideas.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LadyHarley

Will do;)

xoxoX23xoxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xoxoX23xoxo

I agree, Emma and Scott should stay united. I am personally not a fan of Scott, or Emma... I felt like bringing in Emma screwed up years of character development. However, I have grown accustom and adjusted. Now Logan... :D That would be awesome to see his reaction, and see how Jean will cope... if she can handle everything that has happened, I mean, that will be one hard pill to swallow.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LadyHarley

True. I kind of feel bad for Logan. His relationship history is so screwed up but his love for Jean seems to be constant.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

Utopia Party!!!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By The Impersonator

JEEEEAAAAN!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

Happy, Distracted and Distraught

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

i guess cyclops will have mixed feelings. his ne relationship with emma is working out well but at the other hand he loved jean more than anybody else on the planet so, it could be problematic between these esppecially when jean sees how scott has changed as a characteri guess cyclops will have mixed feelings. his ne relationship with emma is working out well but at the other hand he loved jean more than anybody else on the planet so, it could be problematic between these esppecially when jean sees how scott has changed as a character!

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Daveyo520

How did he take it last time?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moywar700

I really hope she comes back in x-men vs avengers

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Soulstealer

Personally I hate to say it, but I hope they don't bring her back. I'd rather it just be the Phoenix Force, because bringing 616 Jean back is just gonna lead to a lot of drama for the sake of drama. I think we've had enough of that in the X-Men recently; my wish is that the Phoenix Force returns, Hope bonds with it.

This is a little hypocrite of me (seeing as I'm sad that AoA Kurt replaced 616) but I'd like to see AoA Jean eventually come to 616 and maybe her and Logan get together and things are awkward for awhile for everyone. lol

P.S. I think Scott has moved on more than anyone is giving him credit for. Though it would be nice to see Emma annoyed with Jean coming back and complicating things again.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nudeviking

@Daveyo520 said:

How did he take it last time?

I don't know how he took it the last time Jean came back, but the first time she did he ditched his wife and his kid to be with her.

Perhaps the more important question is how will Professor X take it.

No Caption Provided

He's been secretly in love with her for like 40 years or something...or 4. Who know with that sliding timeline.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daveyo520

@Nudeviking: Poor Charles.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

It's not common knowledge that Jean is returning. It's common knowledge that the Phoenix is returning. Never has there been mention of it being Jean. And considering (part of) the basis of AvX is Hope and the Phoenix, it's doubtful/improbable that it's Jean.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

@The Dark Huntress said:

It's not common knowledge that Jean is returning. It's common knowledge that the Phoenix is returning. Never has there been mention of it being Jean. And considering (part of) the basis of AvX is Hope and the Phoenix, it's doubtful/improbable that it's Jean.

Come on were talking comics and were talking Jean Grey, we all know she'll be back and we don't need a promo to tell us that. It's not common knowledge that she'll be back during AvX or anytime soon, but It's absolute fact that she'll be back

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LadyHarley

Jean and Phoenix are interchangeable to me and Endsong kind of solidified that for me.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Powerzone789

how is it common knowledge that shes coming back?

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By karrob

@Powerzone789 said:

how is it common knowledge that shes coming back?

My thoughts exactly! Heck I dont really think she is coming back.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

Honestly? I don't know.

Cyclops has been extremely unpredictable. Whatever he does would surprise me. Wolverine? I think he'd finally get with her.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Personally, I want Cyclops to move on from Jean Grey. Yeah, they had a good thing going on early on in the series before the drama started, but if Jean Grey goes back to either Cyclops or Wolverine, how will she evolved into a more interesting character? I feel that Marvel keeps using Jean Grey as a plot device for Cyclops' and Wolverine's love for her and if Jean Grey does come back, I want her to stay away from Cyclops and Wolverine for awhile so that way more can be done with her character besides being the Phoenix Force or being tied up with Cyclops and Wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024 said:

Honestly? I don't know.

Cyclops has been extremely unpredictable. Whatever he does would surprise me. Wolverine? I think he'd finally get with her.

- I agree 100%

- Cyclops attitude and presence has changed so much since she died, I really cannot say what direction he would take it that was any more valid or likely than another

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gambit1024

@WarMachineMarkV: Part of me thinks that he'll acknowledge the fact she's back, but ultimately ignore her, but another part of me says that he'll end up doing something dangerous (whether it be to Emma or Utopia) due to love-blinded stupidity.

The other part of me just wants her to be with Logan. He deserves her.

Cale_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cale_Michael

Well...IMO, I think Logan should have a chance with Jean. Buuuut I wouldn't want them to immediately hook up. Idk about you, but if I have to press through a ((recycled)) love story... make it worth reading ((or hearing about, since this site and it's forums are the closest things I have to reading the actual comic xD)). But if that ends up turning out stale... -____- Iiiiii wouldn't be surprised. That's if Jean actually comes back. If she doesn't, and the cosmic firebird snatches up Hope... Wth will happen with Jean? Will Jean be tossed aside? Or will the P-Force split into two giant halves, having one host the dark and the other host the light? *shrugs* whatever.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Primmaster64

''Better take advantage of the situation before she dies again.''

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kidchipotle

Not sure if Jean's coming back, but if she does I would hope she'd choose the school over utopia and eventually form something with Logan since she chose his side over scotts. This would be interesting since this could either make the schism much worse, such as an official X-men vs X-men war, OR it could somehow make things much better and end the schism, assuming the ratings are down or they're over the split. I don't really care about how Xavier will feel considering he barely exists in X-men anymore, I honestly think they're eventually going to write him off and forget about his existence eventually unless needed.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Gambit1024 said:

@WarMachineMarkV: Part of me thinks that he'll acknowledge the fact she's back, but ultimately ignore her, but another part of me says that he'll end up doing something dangerous (whether it be to Emma or Utopia) due to love-blinded stupidity.

Because they're both terrible people... or a different reason? 

If Jean came back, Scott should treat her as any man would treat an ex-wife they're on good terms with. 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gambit1024

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Because they're both terrible people... or a different reason? If Jean came back, Scott should treat her as any man would treat an ex-wife they're on good terms with.

LMAO. Jean's not sooo bad.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambit1024 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Because they're both terrible people... or a different reason? If Jean came back, Scott should treat her as any man would treat an ex-wife they're on good terms with.

Yes, she is ;p

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gambit1024

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Yes, she is ;p

Oh come on! She's, like, a real good telepath and stuff.

WillowHallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WillowHallow

@Gambit1024: But Scott essentially cheated on her with Emma Frost. They should at least be civil for the team. However, a evolution of a Jean/Wolverine relationship would be amazing :-)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gambit1024

@WillowHallow said:

@Gambit1024: But Scott essentially cheated on her with Emma Frost. They should at least be civil for the team. However, a evolution of a Jean/Wolverine relationship would be amazing :-)

That's debatable. I don't think Scott cheated on anyone. And I'd really like to see Wolverine and Jean together... Mostly cause I think that would make Scott hate him even more, lol

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Personally, I want Cyclops to move on from Jean Grey. Yeah, they had a good thing going on early on in the series before the drama started, but if Jean Grey goes back to either Cyclops or Wolverine, how will she evolved into a more interesting character? I feel that Marvel keeps using Jean Grey as a plot device for Cyclops' and Wolverine's love for her and if Jean Grey does come back, I want her to stay away from Cyclops and Wolverine for awhile so that way more can be done with her character besides being the Phoenix Force or being tied up with Cyclops and Wolverine.

Agreed! I want her to develop more as her own person.

What i'm anxious for is to see Rachel's reaction. Seeing as how Jean's death hit her extremely hard.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CATPANEXE

@Nudeviking: Oh no, that's really old. The secret came out in Onslaught, I think the prelude book to Alpha with Jean on the cover, and something where Charles had essentially buried and killed one personal emotion of his own after another towards anything, part of what led to his eventual snap. Still odd as Hell that they put that in there, and good they decided to deal with it after it came around and started biting their butt. I wonder if they thought it through then or just thought it was no big deal that they put that in there?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mercy_

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I think it's safe to say that he's moved on from her in nearly every way. She was his wife. She was his first real love. She's the mother of one of his children. There's always going to be some sort of residual feeling there, albeit not necessarily a romantic one.

I think it's safe to say that Cyke wouldn't actually take her back. Even before her death, he'd made his decision - and upon her death, she made hers.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39  Edited By cosmo111687

"Oh. Hi, Jean. I didn't know you would be stopping in." Scott checks his watch.

"Hey, Scott. Yeah, you know, it's been a couple of years and I haven't heard from you for a while. New house in California? New digz...It's nice." Looks around..."So...Are you still with...well, you know?"

"Emma, her name is Emma. Look, Jean, I've got to go. I have this whole leading the mutant race thing. Why don't you go talk to Wolverine?"

"That guy? Please...He's such a creep. Totally worships me. Even named a school after me. What a nerd."

"Jean!" Wolverine appears from behind the bushes, tears rushing down his eyes. "I can't believe you said that, Jean. My healing powers can fix anything, but not...my broken...HEART!"...Wolverine flees.

Cyclops and Jean in unison, "What a dweeb."

"Look, Jean, it's nice seeing you and all, but I really have to go. There's this whole Magneto thing, and Blob, and fighting for our future...again...you know..."

"Oh, don't let me bother you, I'm just popping in. I'll be out of your hair in a - THE DARK PHOENIX HAS ARRIVED! ALL WILL TREMBLE BEFORE MY MIGHT!"

"Aw, Jeez......"

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CATPANEXE

@cosmo111687: Lmao! Very nice. I imagined Wolverine caressing the hair locket while he was saying that.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@cosmo111687 said:

"Hey, Scott. Yeah, you know, it's been a couple of years and I haven't heard from you for a while. New house in California? New digz...It's nice." Looks around..."So...Are you still with...well, you know?"

"Emma, her name is Emma. Look, Jean, I've got to go. I have this whole leading the mutant race thing. Why don't you go talk to Wolverine?"

"That guy? Please...He's such a creep. Totally worships me. Even named a school after me. What a nerd."

"Jean!" Wolverine appears from behind the bushes, tears rushing down his eyes. "I can't believe you said that, Jean. My healing powers can fix anything, but not...my broken...HEART!"...Wolverine flees.

"Look, Jean, it's nice seeing you and all, but I really have to go. There's this whole Magneto thing, and Blob, and fighting for our future...again...you know..."

"Oh, don't let me bother you, I'm just popping in. I'll be out of your hair in a - THE DARK PHOENIX HAS ARRIVED! ALL WILL TREMBLE BEFORE MY MIGHT!"

"Aw, Jeez......"

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333

WillowHallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WillowHallow

@Gambit1024: That'd be so interesting because Wolverines and Jeans personalities go well with each other

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PhoenixEgg

Half the excitement upon a return of Jean Grey would be reading the posts from obsessed Emma Frost fans.

And yes, Logan/Jean would be absolutely fantastic.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@CATPANEXE said:

@cosmo111687: Lmao! Very nice. I imagined Wolverine caressing the hair locket while he was saying that.

Oh god he would have it :P I actually forgot about him having that lol

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I think it's safe to say that he's moved on from her in nearly every way. She was his wife. She was his first real love. She's the mother of one of his children. There's always going to be some sort of residual feeling there, albeit not necessarily a romantic one.

I think it's safe to say that Cyke wouldn't actually take her back. Even before her death, he'd made his decision - and upon her death, she made hers.

No Caption Provided

Take her back? She "left" and gave him up why would she be the one that needs to be taken back? He did not make a decision to leave her for Emma before her death, after her death he still chose her which is why HCT happened, he only moved on because she pushed him to, Jean made the decision for both of them, if she hadn't he would have left the X-men and Emma. In fact Emma doesn't even think he is over Jean and is afraid of her return.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Soulstealer

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

No Caption Provided

Take her back? She "left" and gave him up why would she be the one that needs to be taken back? He did not make a decision to leave her for Emma before her death, after her death he still chose her which is why HCT happened, he only moved on because she pushed him to, Jean made the decision for both of them, if she hadn't he would have left the X-men and Emma. In fact Emma doesn't even think he is over Jean and is afraid of her return.

That scan is also Kuurth preying on Emma's deep seeded fears. Just because you fear it, doesn't make it true. Everyone has doubts. Even a woman made of diamond. And let's be honest Scott has changed alot since Jean's death. I believe he's moved on, but likewise that is just conjecture until we get proof one way or another.

And yes, Jean did push Scott and Emma together, but Scott wouldn't have been doing what he was with Emma if he'd been a completely content and happily married man now would he?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mercy_

@LordOfAllHumans: He actually did make the decision to leave Jean before her death. This is from the Murder at the Mansion arc, in which Emma's shattered and subsequently put back together by jean.

No Caption Provided
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cosmo111687 said:

"Aw, Jeez......"

You know how when people say lol they didn't literally lough out loud they just thought it was funny.....that's not the case here LOL

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@The Dark Huntress said:

@LordOfAllHumans: He actually did make the decision to leave Jean before her death. This is from the Murder at the Mansion arc, in which Emma's shattered and subsequently put back together by jean.

No Caption Provided

then that decision was to stay with Jean, because HCT happened, and he had to be pushed to not leave, to avoid@Soulstealer said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

No Caption Provided

That scan is also Kuurth preying on Emma's deep seeded fears. Just because you fear it, doesn't make it true. Everyone has doubts. Even a woman made of diamond. And let's be honest Scott has changed alot since Jean's death. I believe he's moved on, but likewise that is just conjecture until we get proof one way or another.

And yes, Jean did push Scott and Emma together, but Scott wouldn't have been doing what he was with Emma if he'd been a completely content and happily married man now would he?

On the fears of a powerful telepath that knows the ins and outs of Scotts mind. And as you said these are Emmas fears, she fears Jean will come back and take Scott, she would not have these fears if he was completely over Jean. Emma is usually very sure of herself and her position in the world, if she has doubts about that then you can be assured her fears are valid.

Scott was not content with any part of his life after the merge with Apocalypse, and Jeans growing power and reconnecting to the Phoenix made her feel the same way, but they still loved each other, and Emma took advantage of that acting as his therapist, emphasis on rapist as she was literally mindraping him.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LadyHarley

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

Good point. He mentioned in Phoenix Endsong #1 that he chose Emma. Even if Jean hadn't died he still would have chosen Emma.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.