Emma replacing Jean Grey. What are your feelings about it.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Emma replace Jean by becoming Cyclops woman and X-Men leading lady. As a Jean Grey fan, what do you think about it.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#2  Edited By time1

Although I have got used to Emma being in X-Men comics. I was disgusting with the way Emma replace Jean . I was even more disgusting with the fact that Cyclops became headmaster and Emma became headmistress of the X-Men. When it should of been Jean and Scott.

versusfranca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In my opinion its a wonderful think that Jean was replaced by Emma.

At first, i was disappointed because all the stuff between Emma and Scott was disrespectful and vulgar... however, let's face it: Jean's better away from Cyclops' shadow. Now she can be explored better than she ever was! At least, im lovin how Bendis' dealing with her.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously hope Scott and Jean don't get back together. The ending of that relationship was just to ugly and sordid.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yayyyyy

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By PapiNacho

Jean is still the X-men leading lady thought , she is the one featured in All-New X-men the main X title. Emma Frost is a leader. That being said I prefer Emma as a a villain.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From all heart i congratulate you all about awakening from cryogenic sleep.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho said:

Jean is still the X-men leading lady thought , she is the one featured in All-New X-men the main X title. Emma Frost is a leader. That being said I prefer Emma as a a villain.

Thats the only comic i buy cause it has jean in it. Although she is going to be featured in uncanny x-men15 girl's night out(which im looking forward too) Emma becoming a hero always seemed force and not really believable. i only remember emma from the dark phoenix saga and how she was a villain too.

No Caption Provided

zappingmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zappingmania

Nah, Psylocke replace Jean long time before in the 90s(Psylocke even has some Jean grey powers like telekinetic shields and more), and i think that was a cool idea than Emma, Emma was always a lame idea as a replacement of Jean, and Psylocke and Wolverine that was awesome xD, in my order of cool psychics first Psylocke, then Jean, then Emma, Emma and Cyclops were always weird and forced, in some way Emma was a rebound for Cyclops, I dont think he was into her too much, but the blond was sexy and hot, and its clear why Summers wants a piece of her xD

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Initially I didn't like it, because of the whole psychic betrayal, soap-opera-esque tone of the story. The I re-read New X-men a bunch of times and gained an appreciation for how special Jean's character was painted to be. Looking at the books that followed, you could tell something was missing from the cast.

Afterwards, I started to enjoy Emma as a snarky good guy type. I didn't think she should've been headmistress, however when she's written as a teacher it makes for good reading. But as of late, I think Emma's just boring. She's everything Jean critics accused Jean of being, except for a Mary-Sue.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Emma ever replaced Jean. Nobody could, not Hope, not Rachel, not even Teen Jean.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh: Very true. Emma did fill the quota of being the leading lady, but Jean had an influence even after her death, which showed what a void she left behind when she died.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.