Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Calm Yo' Selves!

• 76 results
    lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lioneta

I'm enjoying the break from Jean Grey.
    She's been resurrected too many times and, even though Emma's obnoxiously sexy (which she really isn't) I enjoy her coldness.

Let's take the break and hope (heh heh) that we'll see her soon enough.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By G'bandit

I hope they bring her in the next issue just to dim your happiness :P

Damn I'm evil XD

Na, enjoy  the time:D

Avatar image for jeangreyemmafrost
    jeangreyemmafrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jeangreyemmafrost

i hope they get her back soon
    i dont want to buy comics if shes not there
    its a waste of money

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

They're not going to bring her back any time soon.  They've teased us with the possibility during the recent issues of Uncanny... Rremember the cover to 511?!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jean Grey is a terrible character they just won't let go.The X-men don't need her and neither does Marvel.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    She will be back.
    She will be back.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

that's a given

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "Jean Grey is a terrible character they just won't let go.The X-men don't need her and neither does Marvel. "
    If that were true then teases of her would not increase sales, there is a very blurry line between your opinion and reality, Marvel needs her because she in one with the force that secures the existence of marvel, she isn't some character placed in limbo like Emma was for years until Gen X, thaey bonded her to the Phoenix as a staple to ensure that she will always be a part of marvel, Emma would not even be alive if not for Jean Grey. and the Xmen would have died years ago if she hadn't saved them on the shuttle and then again against the Shi'ar, and again against he Shi'ar, Scott would still be bonded to Apoc, Xavier would be dead if not for her, Wolverine would be dead had she not used her tk to keep him together, Psylocke would be powerless if Jean hadn't given her tk to replace the tp that she would never be able to use while containing the shadowking, Storm, Rogue and Gambit would be dead if she didn't intervene and save them from the after life, Cable would be dead if Jean hadn't shown him how to use his tk to fight off the TOV, the entire student body would have been killed andused for spare parts had Jean not been home when the u-men attacked, the universe would have been swallowed hole by M'Kraan if not for Jean, Inferno would have consumed reality if not for Jean,  her presence in marvel has proved to be very much needed in the lives of individuals and existence as a whole. "
    If Marvel actually needed Jean..she would have been back by now.Marvel needs Wolverine..that's why he's in tons of comics.HE'S a cash cow.At least one X-book sells in top 10 numbers every month.X-men is doing very well.To see if what you're saying is true..let's see if X-men passes Avengers and Thor when Jean is back in the comics regularly.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Jean Grey is a terrible character they just won't let go.The X-men don't need her and neither does Marvel. "

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    " Jean Grey is a terrible character they just won't let go.The X-men don't need her and neither does Marvel. "
    "
    now ask the question, if she is so useless and terrible why oh why did they make sure she will always return?  Your opinion of her will change nothing, adamantium has been removed, diamonds have been smashed, but the Phoenix always comes back and even helps repair the adamantiumless and diamond smashed. "
    What does the phoenix have to do with anything it doesn't matter how strong she is her character still sucks.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Vance Astro said:
    "Jean Grey is a terrible character they just won't let go.The X-men don't need her and neither does Marvel. "
    If they had her suppress Phoenix, and get into Madelyne Pryor style magics/attitude/clothing, I would love her more. 

However, I have to say that I don't really hate her.  I just wish that she wasn't so nice all the time.  Without Phoenix, she slips into the "doormat" role.
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By LightBright
    @Vance Astro said:
    Ditto.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    "
    now ask the question, if she is so useless and terrible why oh why did they make sure she will always return?  Your opinion of her will change nothing, adamantium has been removed, diamonds have been smashed, but the Phoenix always comes back and even helps repair the adamantiumless and diamond smashed. "
    What does the phoenix have to do with anything it doesn't matter how strong she is her character still sucks."
    once again an opinion you are entitled to, but it changes nothing.  Her character is built on growth she does not have to have her whole history ignored to make her interesting, nobody gave a shit about Emma until recently now that she is completely different from the charcter she was introduced as, you seem to think that Jeans level of power is why they keep her around, it is because her power is so strong that she will be around, Emma would be trapped in an illusion by a psi talent with barely any telepathy until Jean took her out of it.  She matters because since Scott has been with Emma most of the Xmen don't even bother with being Xmen Say what you want Jean Grey is also the first of X-women and held that title by herself for years until Storm (the second) showed up.  I have already sited why Jean is so important to marvel because there have been times that without Jean Xmen and Marvel as a whole would be no more.  Get mad at the writers even the writers that don't care for Jean respect her  and her place in Marvel.  If there was Queen of Marvel contest other than Storm she has no contenderes. "
    What makes emma any different from what she was? she's still a manipulative b!tch and that's what people want out of her, and have always liked about her if she wasn't as popular as jean she would have gotten the boot for her years ago, but times change and it turns out Emma is a far better character than she is, I didnt say that did I about the power? that's what you have been saying. And that would be another lie your taking it too serious marvel would have been no more? my ass the writers write there way out of it, Queen of marvel? use the females who are better written than her, I would give Susan Storm the queen of marvel title before I give to Jean Grey, I would give it to Emma Frost before Jean grey(she's a better character), I would rather see Storm doing better than her.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    "@White Mage said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    If they had her suppress Phoenix, and get into Madelyne Pryor style magics/attitude/clothing, I would love her more.  However, I have to say that I don't really hate her.  I just wish that she wasn't so nice all the time.  Without Phoenix, she slips into the "doormat" role. "
    Oh White Mage, you are one of my favorite people around this place, Jean is not so nice all the time.  She has killed and the fact that she shows remorse is a weakness?  She set off a psi attack that she knew would take out Cable, without a thought of his well being she did it to save herself, she knew that Sabertooth could be sated by her power yet she refused him letting a psychopath remain a psychopath because she was more interested in her personal growth, she allowed Onslaught to rampage even though she was the first to know about his presence, she killed a man that was not himself due to prime sentinel nanotech, but he hurt her honey and she lashed out at him, she totally gave Rachel her ass to kiss because she didn't want to deal with having a daughter, she mind fucked a town to save one mutant, he asked her when would they move again she basically told him when she was good and ready, she completely re-wrote the mind of Frenzy, she enjoyed causing Emma Frost pain and threatened to make her relive the deaths of children all because she was pissed at her, she also threatened Sabertooth with breaking all his bones and making him relive it telepathically after she was done, she without hesitation took Emmas body because she needed it no questions, she shattered and killed prisim without a second thought, she got pissed when she found out that Maddie was back and she got out of bed to go kill her,  these are not the qualities of somebody who is nice all the time "

:)

And it's these qualities that need to be displayed more often.  I find her more interesting when she is being a lot colder/meaner...........I dunno.  Maybe it's just the particular arcs I've read.  But, attitude-wise, I've seen her be too nice to possess that kind of power. 

P.S., if I say she has no chance against Professor Xavier, will you please go on another rant?  This time, with a few issue citations.  I want details. :D
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Korg

I like how people says Jean's a terrible character, just dismissing out of hand the fact that she was incredibly important, and her history with the X-Men dwarfs a lot of their favorite characters. Why so bitter? Jean was a good character. Bad writers have written bad stories about her. This is true of pretty much all characters. The fact that she has been killed and resurrected so many times is just bad writing. It doesn't change the fact that Jean was a founding member, was immensely important, and well-written for decades. I respect that some people like Emma better than Jean. I wouldn't say Emma is a bad character though. I don't think she's anything special really, but she's a well-conceived character who has been written well in the past. You need to separate how you feel about the character personally from how the character has been written and portrayed throughout the years. I don't like Reed Richards, and I think he's a misogynistic jerk, but there's no denying he's a good character.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " I like how people says Jean's a terrible character, just dismissing out of hand the fact that she was incredibly important, and her history with the X-Men dwarfs a lot of their favorite characters. Why so bitter? Jean was a good character. Bad writers have written bad stories about her. This is true of pretty much all characters. The fact that she has been killed and resurrected so many times is just bad writing. It doesn't change the fact that Jean was a founding member, was immensely important, and well-written for decades. I respect that some people like Emma better than Jean. I wouldn't say Emma is a bad character though. I don't think she's anything special really, but she's a well-conceived character who has been written well in the past. You need to separate how you feel about the character personally from how the character has been written and portrayed throughout the years. I don't like Reed Richards, and I think he's a misogynistic jerk, but there's no denying he's a good character. "
    you like Emma now?
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Korg said:
    "I like how people says Jean's a terrible character, just dismissing out of hand the fact that she was incredibly important, and her history with the X-Men dwarfs a lot of their favorite characters. Why so bitter? Jean was a good character. Bad writers have written bad stories about her. This is true of pretty much all characters. The fact that she has been killed and resurrected so many times is just bad writing. It doesn't change the fact that Jean was a founding member, was immensely important, and well-written for decades. I respect that some people like Emma better than Jean. I wouldn't say Emma is a bad character though. I don't think she's anything special really, but she's a well-conceived character who has been written well in the past. You need to separate how you feel about the character personally from how the character has been written and portrayed throughout the years. I don't like Reed Richards, and I think he's a misogynistic jerk, but there's no denying he's a good character. "
    I remember the good ole days when she and Storm were alive and well............................so lovely...................could the bastards not have resurrected her for Ororo's wedding?  Kitty Pryde as the maid of honor was nice, but Jean would've been better.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    "@White Mage said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    If they had her suppress Phoenix, and get into Madelyne Pryor style magics/attitude/clothing, I would love her more.  However, I have to say that I don't really hate her.  I just wish that she wasn't so nice all the time.  Without Phoenix, she slips into the "doormat" role. "
    Oh White Mage, you are one of my favorite people around this place, Jean is not so nice all the time.  She has killed and the fact that she shows remorse is a weakness?  She set off a psi attack that she knew would take out Cable, without a thought of his well being she did it to save herself, she knew that Sabertooth could be sated by her power yet she refused him letting a psychopath remain a psychopath because she was more interested in her personal growth, she allowed Onslaught to rampage even though she was the first to know about his presence, she killed a man that was not himself due to prime sentinel nanotech, but he hurt her honey and she lashed out at him, she totally gave Rachel her ass to kiss because she didn't want to deal with having a daughter, she mind fucked a town to save one mutant, he asked her when would they move again she basically told him when she was good and ready, she completely re-wrote the mind of Frenzy, she enjoyed causing Emma Frost pain and threatened to make her relive the deaths of children all because she was pissed at her, she also threatened Sabertooth with breaking all his bones and making him relive it telepathically after she was done, she without hesitation took Emmas body because she needed it no questions, she shattered and killed prisim without a second thought, she got pissed when she found out that Maddie was back and she got out of bed to go kill her,  these are not the qualities of somebody who is nice all the time "
    I'd also like issue cites from everything you just mentioned in this post.  :)
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Korg
    @pixelized said:
    "you like Emma now? "
    I still don't think she's anything special, really. I'm incredibly underwhelmed by Uncanny/Dark X-Men/Utopia, so that's not doing her any favors. I am planning on reading Generation X at some point in the next couple months though, and I have also considered picking up her solo series.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " @pixelized said:
    "you like Emma now? "
    I still don't think she's anything special, really. I'm incredibly underwhelmed by Uncanny/Dark X-Men/Utopia, so that's not doing her any favors. I am planning on reading Generation X at some point in the next couple months though, and I have also considered picking up her solo series. "
    I'd choose her solo series over Generation X as it was much better writing in terms of Emma [Karl bollers is amazing]. With Generation X, she's wearing green turtle necks and jeans... it's just not Emma at all. The transition from White Queen to soccer mom was far too abrupt.  The characterization of every one else was delicious though.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Decept-O

Her name is Phoenix.  What does the mythological Phoenix do?  Dies repeatedly in flames and is resurrected from its own ashes.  Marvel will be milking that for all its worth. 

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Decept-O said:
    "Her name is Phoenix.  What does the mythological Phoenix do?  Dies repeatedly in flames and is resurrected from its own ashes.  Marvel will be milking that for all its worth.  "
    I enjoyed her more before a few of the more current story arcs came out.  It seems like the writers just ran out of ideas, and decided to f*ck her over. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    keep telling yourself that, but face facts in the mutant popularity contest Jean is arguably the most popular after Wolverine, he has to be in a book to sell, mention of her, teases and flashbacks are enough for a book to sell, passing another book in sells does not take away from the fact that Jean is very popular and that many have stopped buying Xmen since her "demise" and only buy x-book because of the teasers.  Avengers hav always outsold Xmen except when the TAS was going on and a little after Jean becoming Phoenix sets something off in the readers that make them buy books, as much as people claim to hate Jean and the Phoenix everytime the two are together the books fly off the shelves, X3 became one of the more popular X-movies because of anticipation of Dark Phoenix and Jeans return.  The Dark Phoenix Saga is still regarded as one of the best and the most epic of Xmen stories.  "
    Everything I just said is true.If Marvel NEEDED Jean right now.She would be back.Marvel is the #1 comic publisher for a reason.They know what they are doing.Jean will be back because she's important to the storyline but they don't need her as far as sales is concerned.X-men is doing very well without Jean.When there is an event in X-men,even if it involves the Phoenix..people are going to read it.It's a moment in X-men history.I bought Phoenix:Endsong and Warsong (I think that's what it's called) because it was part of X-men history.I wanted to see what happens.I didn't buy it for Jean.In fact I hated her more after reading them.

@Korg said:
    " I like how people says Jean's a terrible character, just dismissing out of hand the fact that she was incredibly important, and her history with the X-Men dwarfs a lot of their favorite characters. Why so bitter? Jean was a good character. Bad writers have written bad stories about her. This is true of pretty much all characters. The fact that she has been killed and resurrected so many times is just bad writing. It doesn't change the fact that Jean was a founding member, was immensely important, and well-written for decades. I respect that some people like Emma better than Jean. I wouldn't say Emma is a bad character though. I don't think she's anything special really, but she's a well-conceived character who has been written well in the past. You need to separate how you feel about the character personally from how the character has been written and portrayed throughout the years. I don't like Reed Richards, and I think he's a misogynistic jerk, but there's no denying he's a good character. "
    Jean IMO is not a good character because she has nothing that entices me to read.I don't think significance makes someone a good character.Reed Richards is just as lame a Jean.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Korg
    @pixelized said:
    " I'd choose her solo series over Generation X as it was much better writing in terms of Emma [Karl bollers is amazing]. With Generation X, she's wearing green turtle necks and jeans... it's just not Emma at all. The transition from White Queen to soccer mom was far too abrupt.  The characterization of every one else was delicious though. "
    I'm much more interested in Generation X as a whole than I am in Emma.

@Vance Astro said:
    " Jean IMO is not a good character because she has nothing that entices me to read.I don't think significance makes someone a good character.Reed Richards is just as lame a Jean."
    We just disagree on what makes a character good. Though I don't think Jean should be considered "terrible" by any means. That's hyperbole resulting from your distaste for Jean's fans on here.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " I'd choose her solo series over Generation X as it was much better writing in terms of Emma [Karl bollers is amazing]. With Generation X, she's wearing green turtle necks and jeans... it's just not Emma at all. The transition from White Queen to soccer mom was far too abrupt.  The characterization of every one else was delicious though. "
    I'm much more interested in Generation X as a whole than I am in Emma.

if it's any help, her mini is Before she became who/what she is, entirely different person. But Gen X has monet and she has tons of clever quips!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Korg said:
    @Vance Astro said: 
    " Jean IMO is not a good character because she has nothing that entices me to read.I don't think significance makes someone a good character.Reed Richards is just as lame a Jean."
    We just disagree on what makes a character good. Though I don't think Jean should be considered "terrible" by any means. That's hyperbole resulting from your distaste for Jean's fans on here.
    "
    Besides Phoenix of the Black Throne I don't know any Jean fans.Unless you're one...and I respect you.I do in fact thing Jean a terrible character though.Take for instance,Deadpool.I don't particularly like the character but I understand why other people do...especially any who finds him amusing.I think what makes a character good is standing out and having personality traits that make a comic a must read.I never read X-men for Jean.I haven't had an interest in Jean since she first became the Phoenix.The only reason was I was fascinated by her transition..not her herself.Her relationship with Cyclops absolutely annoys me.In all honesty I wish she wasn't so important so that she didn't have to be around anymore.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geraldthesloth
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    "
    What does the phoenix have to do with anything it doesn't matter how strong she is her character still sucks."
    once again an opinion you are entitled to, but it changes nothing.  Her character is built on growth she does not have to have her whole history ignored to make her interesting, nobody gave a shit about Emma until recently now that she is completely different from the charcter she was introduced as, you seem to think that Jeans level of power is why they keep her around, it is because her power is so strong that she will be around, Emma would be trapped in an illusion by a psi talent with barely any telepathy until Jean took her out of it.  She matters because since Scott has been with Emma most of the Xmen don't even bother with being Xmen Say what you want Jean Grey is also the first of X-women and held that title by herself for years until Storm (the second) showed up.  I have already sited why Jean is so important to marvel because there have been times that without Jean Xmen and Marvel as a whole would be no more.  Get mad at the writers even the writers that don't care for Jean respect her  and her place in Marvel.  If there was Queen of Marvel contest other than Storm she has no contenderes. "
    What makes emma any different from what she was? she's still a manipulative b!tch and that's what people want out of her, and have always liked about her if she wasn't as popular as jean she would have gotten the boot for her years ago, but times change and it turns out Emma is a far better character than she is, I didnt say that did I about the power? that's what you have been saying. And that would be another lie your taking it too serious marvel would have been no more? my ass the writers write there way out of it, Queen of marvel? use the females who are better written than her, I would give Susan Storm the queen of marvel title before I give to Jean Grey, I would give it to Emma Frost before Jean grey(she's a better character), I would rather see Storm doing better than her."
    Like I said Emma is a work in progress her story is static, she became whatever they need to make her the Xwoman.  you brought up power to begin with. If the Mkrann was going to destry all that is and Phoenix stopped it then Jean is a reason Marvel is, of couse you would give it to Emma that doesn't mean Emma is more popular thatn Jean, ask a non-comic reader about Emma and Jean and see who they recognize. "
    Because jeans in movies.

And the X-men helped during that whole event but i'm not getting into that, Jeans a crappy character who had 40 years to develop but hasnt done very much
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    you are stating an opinion when you say Marvel does not need her, that's not the truth, Marvel doesn't need any of them they could kill everybody and restart.  Youcan on and on about what you don't like but your opinion is not a fact and her eventual return will increase sales like it did before. "
    No i'm not.I'm stating a fact.X-men is already selling well.Bringing back Jean isn't going to make it any better.If they brought back Jean right now..not many people are going to care unless it ties in with Dark Reign.It's the only reason Avenger's books are selling well right now because most of what happens in Dark Reign that is significant takes place in those books.I was stating my opinion why I don't like her regards to Korg saying that her being a terrible character is hyperbole based on my distaste for Jean fans.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By geraldthesloth
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    "
    What makes emma any different from what she was? she's still a manipulative b!tch and that's what people want out of her, and have always liked about her if she wasn't as popular as jean she would have gotten the boot for her years ago, but times change and it turns out Emma is a far better character than she is, I didnt say that did I about the power? that's what you have been saying. And that would be another lie your taking it too serious marvel would have been no more? my ass the writers write there way out of it, Queen of marvel? use the females who are better written than her, I would give Susan Storm the queen of marvel title before I give to Jean Grey, I would give it to Emma Frost before Jean grey(she's a better character), I would rather see Storm doing better than her."
    Like I said Emma is a work in progress her story is static, she became whatever they need to make her the Xwoman.  you brought up power to begin with. If the Mkrann was going to destry all that is and Phoenix stopped it then Jean is a reason Marvel is, of couse you would give it to Emma that doesn't mean Emma is more popular thatn Jean, ask a non-comic reader about Emma and Jean and see who they recognize. "
    Because jeans in movies.And the X-men helped during that whole event but i'm not getting into that, Jeans a crappy character who had 40 years to develop but hasnt done very much"
    In 40 years she has gone from a girl struggling with her powers to a woman who has come to terms with being one of the most powerful beings ever, we have watched her grow she is nothing but character development, her history has not been altered as far as her being a person, she has not been reinvented to become something she was never originally intended to be, she didn't need to be half naked to make people recognize her, she didn't need every telepath on the planet to die, get depowered or move off world to let her shine telepathically, she didn't need her rival to resurrect her and make a man love her, she didn't need $20,000 just to fix her nose (because Jean was a model), she didn't need to be de-aged from being a peer of Xavier and Shaw to all of sudden being as young as Bobby, she didn't need to strip her way through life to be somebody, everybody loves a good whore, but nobody wants to marry one, unless your ex-wife telepathically compels you to from the center of creation after you have already left her (Emma) for your ex-wife.  She didn't mislead children and get them killed which Emma has a track record of doing.  "

1. Emma has been wearing the same uniform for almost her entire X-career before it was "provocative" 
    2. Like i've been saying she comes from the second greatest x-villain team of all time (hellfire club) the only villain group being better was the old school brotherhood (in my opinion)
    3. People love the story that comes with her an ex villain and manipulative bitch, that does what she wants to get things done, but at the end of the day she still manages to help mutant kind even with sacrafices
    4. Fans dont wanna wait 40 years to see a character grow, they want a character they can relate with right off the bat and get into as soon as possible.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By geraldthesloth
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    "
    Because jeans in movies.And the X-men helped during that whole event but i'm not getting into that, Jeans a crappy character who had 40 years to develop but hasnt done very much"
    In 40 years she has gone from a girl struggling with her powers to a woman who has come to terms with being one of the most powerful beings ever, we have watched her grow she is nothing but character development, her history has not been altered as far as her being a person, she has not been reinvented to become something she was never originally intended to be, she didn't need to be half naked to make people recognize her, she didn't need every telepath on the planet to die, get depowered or move off world to let her shine telepathically, she didn't need her rival to resurrect her and make a man love her, she didn't need $20,000 just to fix her nose (because Jean was a model), she didn't need to be de-aged from being a peer of Xavier and Shaw to all of sudden being as young as Bobby, she didn't need to strip her way through life to be somebody, everybody loves a good whore, but nobody wants to marry one, unless your ex-wife telepathically compels you to from the center of creation after you have already left her (Emma) for your ex-wife.  She didn't mislead children and get them killed which Emma has a track record of doing.  "

1. Emma has been wearing the same uniform for almost her entire X-career before it was "provocative" 
    2. Like i've been saying she comes from the second greatest x-villain team of all time (hellfire club) the only villain group being better was the old school brotherhood (in my opinion)
    3. People love the story that comes with her an ex villain and manipulative bitch, that does what she wants to get things done, but at the end of the day she still manages to help mutant kind even with sacrafices
    4. Fans dont wanna wait 40 years to see a character grow, they want a character they can relate with right off the bat and get into as soon as possible.
    "
    Emma is not a character that you can relate to right off the bat, if she were then her character would not be so fluid in regards to her origin being retold three times.  First she is the White Queen an evil old witch woman that is headmistress to an old school she founded but she is now all of a sudden as young or younger than most original Xmen, next she is in Gen X talking about how she was sent away for being crazy (telepathic) breaks out and then builds her life, next she ends up back home and doesn't make her move until years later after her father all but hands her his empire.  we can turn this into one of those Jean vs Emma threads but it will still not take away from Jean Grey being a staple in Marvel and the Xmen regardless of how terrible you think she is.  She has a rich untouched history that is added to not re-written, she is the first lady of the Xmen, was always considered the heart and soul of team and with her gone those are two of things they are lacking, they went from heroes to border line thugs, why Jean is gone.  I frankly look to comics because I am tired of relating to the world, I want to be transported to a world where people are cartoons not people. "
    why do people have favorite characters? because they relate with them the most. the team is lacking? it's a top selling book!
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pixelized

well i personally related to emma right off the bat. We both had similar tactics for torturing and murdering people, we both look amazing in a corset and wine glass heels, we're both highly intelligent blondes who have a snapping sense of humor.  We were made for each other.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Korg

I could relate Emma to people I know, but definitely not myself. I'm also from Boston, so her faux-Britishness rubs me the wrong way. I just don't buy Emma's change of character and personality at all. She's a rough fit, and the fact that Scott is in a relationship with her just reinforces my theory that Cyclops has lost it as a character. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " I could relate Emma to people I know, but definitely not myself. I'm also from Boston, so her faux-Britishness rubs me the wrong way. I just don't buy Emma's change of character and personality at all. She's a rough fit, and the fact that Scott is in a relationship with her just reinforces my theory that Cyclops has lost it as a character.  "
    he's not exactly with her by choice though... He had two psychics influence his emotions.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Korg

I don't even care at this point, to be honest. Emma doesn't interest me. I'm not reading Uncanny/Dark Avengers/Utopia, and I probably won't be bothering with Uncanny even after Utopia. X-Force and X-Factor are much more interesting/well written, and Im on the fence about Legacy.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pixelized

read her mini!

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Korg

I'll get around to it eventually.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pixelized

do it now, you'll regret not doing it sooner, Karl Bollers is amazing.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By geraldthesloth

I relate to emma because I'm a female.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pixelized

a dirty one at that

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By uncanny89

tbh im looking forward to jean coming back, but i dont want her to have phoenix powers maybe go back to the level of power she had before dark phoenix and if she comes back i dont think she should come into the uncanny book i think that she should come back in legacy and have an arc there before returning to the main title

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Some interesting points by White Mage, gerald, Vance & Korg...But I admit I mostly side with Korg here. I was never an admirer of Jean, but I always respected her, and acknowledged her significance; and I surely liked her and respected her a lot more than the White Queen.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Korg
    @pixelized said:
    " do it now, you'll regret not doing it sooner, Karl Bollers is amazing. "
    I have better things to read before I get around to Emma.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " do it now, you'll regret not doing it sooner, Karl Bollers is amazing. "
    I have better things to read before I get around to Emma.
    "
    But it's Karl Bollers, an amazing writer!
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Korg
    @pixelized said:
    " But it's Karl Bollers, an amazing writer! "
    Never heard of him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " Some interesting points by White Mage, gerald, Vance & Korg...But I admit I mostly side with Korg here. I was never an admirer of Jean, but I always respected her, and acknowledged her significance; and I surely liked her and respected her a lot more than the White Queen. "
    Her significance to the X-men doesn't make her a "good" character.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " But it's Karl Bollers, an amazing writer! "
    Never heard of him.
    "
    he doesn't do much X-stuff, but what he does is phenomenal.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " Some interesting points by White Mage, gerald, Vance & Korg...But I admit I mostly side with Korg here. I was never an admirer of Jean, but I always respected her, and acknowledged her significance; and I surely liked her and respected her a lot more than the White Queen. "
    Her significance to the X-men doesn't make her a "good" character.

"
    It's just a matter of preference.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Stormultt

i like jean and phoenix flatout and i feel sorry for the fans to have to sit her and watch her die every 5 seconds continuously because honestly she should of been able to supress those new sensations and cravings for power such as storm did with rogue-storm. jean beyond phoenix is who we dont even see anymore because of that o yes bring her back but dont rush it because it shouldnt be crappy, it should be something that says that jean is here to stay this time not because she is phoenix, marvel-girl or etc. because she is a great character and marvel is really pissin me off right now with what they are doing with all their great characters.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Stormultt said:
    " i like jean and phoenix flatout and i feel sorry for the fans to have to sit her and watch her die every 5 seconds continuously because honestly she should of been able to supress those new sensations and cravings for power such as storm did with rogue-storm. jean beyond phoenix is who we dont even see anymore because of that o yes bring her back but dont rush it because it shouldnt be crappy, it should be something that says that jean is here to stay this time not because she is phoenix, marvel-girl or etc. because she is a great character and marvel is really pissin me off right now with what they are doing with all their great characters. "
    Jean doesn't die every 5 seconds.Don't know what you're talking about.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stormultt
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@Stormultt said:
    " i like jean and phoenix flatout and i feel sorry for the fans to have to sit her and watch her die every 5 seconds continuously because honestly she should of been able to supress those new sensations and cravings for power such as storm did with rogue-storm. jean beyond phoenix is who we dont even see anymore because of that o yes bring her back but dont rush it because it shouldnt be crappy, it should be something that says that jean is here to stay this time not because she is phoenix, marvel-girl or etc. because she is a great character and marvel is really pissin me off right now with what they are doing with all their great characters. "
    Jean doesn't die every 5 seconds.Don't know what you're talking about.
    "

first of all it was sarcasm, and yes hun i know very well of what i an speaking about, thank you very much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.