Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Your opinion on a Red Hood CW tv show?

Redmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

After the Arrow episode, "Seeing Red" (Which I was extremely disappointed in when Jason did not appear in it), the thought of a Red Hood Tv series sounded very interesting.

flying_fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's only one decent Red Hood story worth telling, though.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flying_fish: they could do lost days and just expand on that.

But to answer the question, i'd rather a under the red hood live adaptation.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aahz

Since they can't really use Batman afaik this could be a little bit complicated. And the Roy Harper in Arrow is all ready kind of a Jason Todd copy (he even used the name Jason as fake identity in his final appearance).

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's enough batman copycats in Arrow as it is. I don't want to see them use Jason Todd and have to awkwardly dance around saying Batman's name since they can't use him.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jayc1324 said:

There's enough batman copycats in Arrow as it is. I don't want to see them use Jason Todd and have to awkwardly dance around saying Batman's name since they can't use him.

Red Hood wouldn't be a copycat of Bruce. He'd be more like punisher except with better fighting skills to show. And honestly I would rather see him in the movies than on TV. I don't think CV would do a good job with him.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the show would be too similar to Arrow to justify itself.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

nah. We have enough CW shows

~MiB

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fear that they would screw it up. Better animated series.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After finishing the the 4th season of arrow I have to say that the way the Lazarus Pits and Magic worked there, would really fit quite good with Jason and his All-cast powers. They even had glowing Tattoos.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

After finishing the the 4th season of arrow I have to say that the way the Lazarus Pits and Magic worked there, would really fit quite good with Jason and his All-cast powers. They even had glowing Tattoos.

Been saying that Jason could work in a series with low to mid level magics taking place.

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpentShrimp

@nathaniel_christopher: I agree. I wouldn't want Jason to have crazy magic powers, but maybe something like from the Dishonored game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
    deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The series should air on TNT and be a standalone from the other DC TV series. It's a good start for Jason in live-action.

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix would work good for Red Hood too.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leave him for the DCEU

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Leave him for the DCEU

I fully agree.
    CW would ruin it

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Personally I dont see what a Red Hood series would accomplish or would be achieved. WB is notoriously stingy when it comes to Batman characters meaning almost none of those characters could show up. Also Red Hood doesnt really have too much history behind him to really allow for a long running series. Id rather see his relationship with Batman explored in the movies.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@eto said:
    @modernww2fare said:

Leave him for the DCEU

I fully agree.

CW would ruin it

And what would the DCEU do? JK.

Avatar image for batofgotham2000
    batofgotham2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The CW would turn Jason into one of the guys felicity used to date. Keep him away until the batman solo movie.

magik_man76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly I wish DC would make a deal with Hulu and do original content shows that they could make really dark and gritty. A Red Hood show would be best suited for that format then the CW. And we better see him in the DCEU or I'm gonna be really pissed

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
    @modernww2fare said:

Leave him for the DCEU

I fully agree.

CW would ruin it

I mean, it's not like we're ever going to get a Red Hood film in the DCEU.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: And you think that because?!
    We're most definitely getting a Batfleck trilogy. I'd say introduce Dick first and voila.
    Maybe not with Affleck's Batman, but I am expecting Robin(s) in the DCEU films.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@nathaniel_christopher: And you think that because?!

We're most definitely getting a Batfleck trilogy. I'd say introduce Dick first and voila.

Maybe not with Affleck's Batman, but I am expecting Robin(s) in the DCEU films.

I didn't say that Jason Todd would never appear in a live action film. I said that he'd never get his OWN film, as in a film where he's the main character we're following in the way that Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and others have all had their own films. And I don't think Jason's an important enough character for such a thing to take place. I'd bet on an Outlaws film taking place before a Red Hood film.

EverMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think so because i think i think they'd get him wrong.
    Jason Todd's character isn't it to be underestimated. He's got one of the most complicated life/spirit/personality/character of anyone in the entire dc universe.
    And looking at some of the other CW shows e.g. flash, jessica jones, arrow (NOT that they were bad)
    I just don't they'll get the kind of actor that's required to get across all the underlying tension and messages and all the subtleties that even comic book writers sometimes fail to do justice with him.

I'd love a decent Jason Todd interpretation to get his underrated awesomeness out into the open and public knowledge and stuff -
    Buuuut, if it's half assed i don't want it.
    That'd be worse than them even bothering to make one!

The animated movie for under the red hood was pretty great though it didn't get to do the whole 'Clawing his way out of His Own Coffin' and 3 years slave to 'League of the Assassins' business backstory across.
    Red hood and the outlaws was good, one of the most ok things in the new 52. Although the whole thing with how the other series like Batman and Robin (when damian came back to life) don't really Register the effects events are going to have on him most of the time, was weird.

But yeah, I doubt they'd get a good enough actor for him, seeing as those aimed at box office hits wouldn't really care too much about a 'minor character' pshaw.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rurgandy

@nathaniel_christopher: There's not much to be done with the Outlaws, especially since those other characters are more associated with Titans. And Suicide Squad is the DCEU's villain team. I'd bet on a Titans or even Secret Six (a series with far more acclaim) film or TV series than Red Hood and the Outlaws. Red Hood's only real draw is being an antagonist in a Batman/Joker story, and that's assuming WB wants to go down that beaten path.

Soaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Soaring

I wouldn't be opposed to it - could be done quite well & probably one of the only comicbook properties that would benefit from being slightly more adult orientated

I wouldn't want it set in the arrowverse though, as that would limit it, with stories/characters already used

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy: You can build a good story with Red Hood though. He doesn't have to stay with Batman and the Joker all the time.

The_Batmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Batmobile

Not on CW. Maybe Netflix or HBO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A red hood tv show definitely but maybe not on the cw

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I adore this idea. I unironically adore Arrow and I think that style would fit Red Hood to a T. Everything from the gritty "street fight"-esque action, to the costumes, to the soundtrack, even the sappy-but-emotional romantic drama would be PERFECT for Jason Todd. I'd argue that the CW format fits Jason Todd FAR better than Oliver Queen or The Flash.

The CW has already included stuff like the League of Assassins and both Talia and R'as al Ghul, so bringing in Jason wouldn't necessarily be a stretch. And if you've read stuff like Scott Lobdell's CRIMINALLY underrated Rebirth version of Red Hood & the Outlaws, you can see that Red Hood doesn't need Batman to hold up his own stories. Especially if the show wanted to take the much more interesting route of portraying Jason as a criminal and crime lord (albeit an altruistic one) first and foremost, much like in Rebirth. If Dexter, Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy tell us anything it's that shows with unambiguously criminal protagonists sell, and it's very likely that audiences may gravitate more towards the Red Hood than towards Green Arrow or The Flash. This would also be an excellent way to get him in the public eye. Few people who aren't comic fans have any idea who Jason Todd is and he could use a popularity boost in my opinion.

I know it's cool to rip on the CW, but I don't see this failing if they ever try it. I would be the first one obsessively binging if it ever came to light.

Hydrosphere_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for there to be a Red Hood show but CW would be the worst network to stick Red Hood on. The CW only cares about pandering to teenage/young adult women and their ships. Shipping has absolutely destroyed their flagship DC show Arrow. Though we may be in luck since one of the Teen Titans episodes was named Jason Todd.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.