Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Will you even read Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth if it's written by Lobdell ?

Avatar image for midnight_dragon
    Midnight_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you even read Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth if it's written by Lobdell ? (25 votes)

Yes 48%
    No 52%

I will no read it if it is written Lobdell. I won't pick up the first copy, i won't look up the reviews, i won't even read it free online.

Lets be honest here Red Hood and Arsenal is horrible. This is not what we want. The second run of Red hood and the outlaws was terrible, proof that Lobdell's time was up. There's so much potential with the outlaws, but Dc keep giving lobdell the job. it's almost like they don't want to make money. no wonder marvel is killing them in sales.

i've ranted before, so i'll keep it short.

will you even give red hood rebirth a chance if it is written by lobdell ?

• 
    JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't give lobdell a chance on anything. He ruins characters. Teen titans and outlaws were terrible with him

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naah. Lobdell has long since run his course on this series. At this point, i'm not even buying it anymore and haven't been for a while. I've just been checking out the issues at my local Barnes and Nobles when I got to pick up trades and novels that I actually care about. He's had two chances with this series now and has failed terribly. I see no reason to give him a third.

However, I am open to change and there's certainly room for improvement. I don't think it's impossible that Lobdell could do better. So if I hear a year or so from now that the series is great, sales are high, and i'm reading good reviews, then i'l probably check out the first trade and judge for myself. But barring that i'm done with the series.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheExile285

I refuse to read anything by that man so NO. Not even a library edition. As others have said, he ruins characters.

Avatar image for dark_tzitzimine
    Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman

You guys need to calm down. Yeah, Lobdell seemed to run out of a proper story after his first leave on RHatO. And yeah, there is a lot to complain about. But Red Hood/Arsenal is a very fun book. It's first couple issues were pretty silly, too silly.....and had goofy art. But now it's actually going somewhere. Roy is getting a past story explained, and Jason's is now a mentor to Jokers Daughter (sounds horrible, but it's actually handled very well).

With this "rebirth" I hope Starfire gets reunited with her team. DCs Starwhore solo failed, and I couldn't be happier for it.

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will I read it? yes. Do I want him on there? Noooooooo. There are way better stories that can be written about Jason, and Lobdell has dried the well in regards to his writing abilities with Jason.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would read it in my local comic book store out of curiosity.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobdell is RH's doom. :|

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'll give the first issue a shot on goodreads but after that who knows?

At the very least, the inclusion of Bizarro (really iffy on that) and Artemis may give Lodbell a creative shot in the arm.

You guys need to calm down. Yeah, Lobdell seemed to run out of a proper story after his first leave on RHatO. And yeah, there is a lot to complain about. But Red Hood/Arsenal is a very fun book. It's first couple issues were pretty silly, too silly.....and had goofy art. But now it's actually going somewhere. Roy is getting a past story explained, and Jason's is now a mentor to Jokers Daughter (sounds horrible, but it's actually handled very well).

With this "rebirth" I hope Starfire gets reunited with her team. DCs Starwhore solo failed, and I couldn't be happier for it.

If you're talking about Starfire, until last month it sold more than Red Hood/Arsenal and got much better reviews. While it did get canceled, we have no idea what DC's ambitions were for the title (i.e. if they really planned on Starfire going 30+ issues) so to claim it a failure is folly.

On a related note, why do some RHATO fanboys have such a revulsion the Starfire series? Did you guys take her departure personally?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@youknowwhattodo: They completely changed her character. And by that I mean that they ruined her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.