Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

why do so many people hate him

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Want him dead or just dont like him for no actual reason

Or think that he stealling the spot light off of tim drake?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The main reason for any Jason hate is likely inconsistency. He's been written so differently over the years that a lot of people probably just became fed up with him.

I'm not very crazy about Jason for that reason. Pre-Flashpoint, he became a one-dimensional sort of villain and since the reboot he has been a bit too much of a hero and not enough of an anti-hero, in my opinion.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@supbatz: took the words right out of my mouth , i agree

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@supbatz said:

Pre-Flashpoint, he became a one-dimensional sort of villain and since the reboot he has been a bit too much of a hero and not enough of an anti-hero, in my opinion.

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dcdyno

@supbatz said:

Pre-Flashpoint, he became a one-dimensional sort of villain and since the reboot he has been a bit too much of a hero and not enough of an anti-hero, in my opinion.

this

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

He's not nearly hated as much as he was before.He's pretty popular nowadays

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

The main reason for any Jason hate is likely inconsistency. He's been written so differently over the years that a lot of people probably just became fed up with him.

I'm not very crazy about Jason for that reason. Pre-Flashpoint, he became a one-dimensional sort of villain and since the reboot he has been a bit too much of a hero and not enough of an anti-hero, in my opinion.

This all the way, and even then RHATO has done wonders for the character's popularity. In my opinion it's the best writing of the character we've seen in a long time. Because from Nightwing to Battle for the Cowl and down to Batman and Robin he was quite simply awful, uninteresting, whiny, and flat out boring. Each of those depictions gave people plenty of reasons to jump to other characters. I'm sure some people also just haven't appreciated the character coming back from the dead as that kind of thing happens all too often, and for a long time Jason Todd was one of the major exceptions. Then of course not everyone's going to appreciate a hero turning into an anti-hero/villain.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe:

I'll put it to you this way: I (way back in the 5th grade) BEGGED my parents for permission to dial the 1-900 number to get him killed the FIRST time! Jason Todd. Stupid little douchebag. WTF they bring him back for....

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: not a great answer because it doesn't answer my question

P.s just say its because of the writer he hated the idea of jason and made him a douchbag

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I like New 52 Jason though Morrisons Run and Battle for Cowl made him a raging pyshcopath with a hair an acne problem.

He wasn't really trying to be an Anti Hero though he was supposed to be.

He was written as a whiney brat who felt Batman never gave him attention he deserved and that everyone should pay

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well pre crisis jason was just a blonde uninteresting copy of dick (i mean parents died as trapeze artists while bats was there i think he shld quit going to the circus) so they changed him post crisis. i liked him post crisis how they met wasw cool plus it was where batmans parents died so bruce saw a lot of him in jason... but precrisis hate was still there so they kiled him off. when he came back was a good story but then the character had no depth and got boring. red hood and the outlaws isnt that great and he is now awhiney hero not even anti hero. i mean cmon bats wants to save his son so u get mad and erase your memory? man up jason

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought he was a fantastic and interesting character.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He needs to be more of anti hero.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: yes he does but for some reason there backing out of that

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: its not jason its the damn writer

At least from what I can tell

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

He would be even more better if they made him more of anti hero like he was originally.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#19  Edited By Joygirl

I also think too many people love him for a lot of people to like him. He's slowly starting to suffer the Storm Effect -- his fans are so rabid, the people who were originally indifferent to him are starting to hate him.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@supbatz said:

exactly. well said. I actually like Jason Todd but these are some reasons why I understand people hate him. Although RHATO has done a great job to him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.