Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

The Official Red Hood/Jason Todd Discussion Thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jason's new costume design sucks.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@renny said:
    @castiel_18 said:

God. We're going to have to hear this all the time for who knows how long.

Agreed.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1454  Edited By Eto

@castiel_18: @daredevil21134: Yooooo what did you guys think of issue 25? I only got to read it a couple of days ago since I was on holidays.

omg man Bruce humiliated my man. I DEMAND a rematch >:(

Is the Pengiun dead, like for real? I;m not sure?!

DXBrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1455  Edited By DXBrigade
    @eto said:

@castiel_18: @daredevil21134: Yooooo what did you guys think of issue 25? I only got to read it a couple of days ago since I was on holidays.

omg man Bruce humiliated my man. I DEMAND a rematch >:(

Is the Pengiun dead, like for real? I;m not sure?!

You should read Annual 2 it's the continuation of issue 25.

I really like the friendship between Roy and Jason.

I think Penguin survived.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
    In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate the new look

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny said:
    @castiel_18 said:

God. We're going to have to hear this all the time for who knows how long.

Agreed.

Honestly hope it lasts only one arc. Remember that even worse Jason with the camo pants and hoodie? That only lasted the first story of Red Hood/Arsenal.

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now apart from just his new look.......that fight with Bruce was total shit. I know it's pretty pathetic to bitch about it but come on seriously. Jason might be a punk but he definitely isn't a punk bitch. That said I did like the latest issue. Seeing him alone(ish) and being a bit for violent is awesome and I hope they can somehow make it stick without regressing his character.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilad_the_one I agree.

SunnySideGirl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVED Jason Todd in Lost Days and Under the Red Hood and I really wish they'd just stuck to that characterisation. They REALLY should have and I don't know what their problem was...

I liked him during his brief appearances in Green Arrow v3 #69-72 and The Outsiders v3 #44-46, which I found interesting. He was fine and reasonably enjoyable in Teen Titans v3 #29, 47 too (he wasn't out of character or anything, and in my opinion, it's always nice to see guest appearances of him whenever that is the case).

I had mixed feelings about his appearances in Countdown to Final Crisis, as I felt that some of those issues provided solid characterisation, whilst others were just cringe.

I HATED his characterisation in:

- Battle for the Cowl, where he was just OOC, COMPLETELY unlikeable, and treated with little to no respect as nothing more than a plot device (and the writer himself, Daniels, admitted in an interview was because he had an issue with some of Jason's popularity or something??? I'm paraphrasing but the interview basically went like: "It surprised us that people got behind Jason and supported him and his cause. So we were like, fuck that! and made him super evil. Try supporting him now "fans"".).

- His portrayal under FabNic in Robin v2 #177, 182-183 where he is written as a complete idiot a "blunt intrument" to be precise - (which is also a bit hard to believe, seeing as how capable and perfectly intelligent, albeit disturbed, he was in all his previous depictions in Lost Days, UtRH and others, and also, the fact that in literally the same comic he was able to take control of so many gangs) who clings onto Tim like a whiny child for some reason (even though he hated Tim).

- The New 52. The New 52 version of the character is EXTREMELY watered down (though it is better than Daniel's and Morrison's BftC portrayal, to be fair, as I suppoooose I appreciate that they didn't just randomly write him as a completely and utterly repulsive and irredeemable psychopath, and acknowledged his popularity). I mean, I later like his character MUCH better in Rebirth, but I still prefer the characterisation established by Winick, where he is a complicated, bitter, disturbed, HIGHLY HIGHLY flawed, but still interesting, very much human and three-dimensional anti-hero / anti-villain (flipping back and forth between both).

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree 110% with everything you should said.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1464  Edited By daredevil21134

@sunnysidegirl2 said:

I LOVED Jason Todd in Lost Days and Under the Red Hood and I really wish they'd just stuck to that characterisation. They REALLY should have and I don't know what their problem was...

I liked him during his brief appearances in Green Arrow v3 #69-72 and The Outsiders v3 #44-46, which I found interesting. He was fine and reasonably enjoyable in Teen Titans v3 #29, 47 too (he wasn't out of character or anything, and in my opinion, it's always nice to see guest appearances of him whenever that is the case).

I had mixed feelings about his appearances in Countdown to Final Crisis, as I felt that some of those issues provided solid characterisation, whilst others were just cringe.

I HATED his characterisation in:

- Battle for the Cowl, where he was just OOC, COMPLETELY unlikeable, and treated with little to no respect as nothing more than a plot device (and the writer himself, Daniels, admitted in an interview was because he had an issue with some of Jason's popularity or something??? I'm paraphrasing but the interview basically went like: "It surprised us that people got behind Jason and supported him and his cause. So we were like, fuck that! and made him super evil. Try supporting him now "fans"".).

- His portrayal under FabNic in Robin v2 #177, 182-183 where he is written as a complete idiot a "blunt intrument" to be precise - (which is also a bit hard to believe, seeing as how capable and perfectly intelligent, albeit disturbed, he was in all his previous depictions in Lost Days, UtRH and others, and also, the fact that in literally the same comic he was able to take control of so many gangs) who clings onto Tim like a whiny child for some reason (even though he hated Tim).

- The New 52. The New 52 version of the character is EXTREMELY watered down (though it is better than Daniel's and Morrison's BftC portrayal, to be fair, as I suppoooose I appreciate that they didn't just randomly write him as a completely and utterly repulsive and irredeemable psychopath, and acknowledged his popularity). I mean, I later like his character MUCH better in Rebirth, but I still prefer the characterisation established by Winick, where he is a complicated, bitter, disturbed, HIGHLY HIGHLY flawed, but still interesting, very much human and three-dimensional anti-hero / anti-villain (flipping back and forth between both).

You get an A+ for this post. It's an absolute travesty Judd Winick never got a chance at a Jason solo.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well fellas, what do you think of the direction they're trying to take Jason it now with a return to Gotham and another potential battle with the Penguin? Who knows, he might even finish the job this time around. I can kind of get the feeling that they're trying to go with a Kingpin-esque kind of vibe to his whole return and action but it'll be interesting to see where it leads to. Hopefully we can get a rematch with Batman where Jason does a better this time around.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nobody even posted about event leviathan? Jason kicked ass in that. And his current suit as grown on me.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been awhile fellas lol

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@daredevil21134: What do you think about Taskforce Z? And have you read the current Joker series that Jason is in?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read a little bit of it but I don't like the idea of Jason wrestling with his brutality. I believe he learned how to channel his anger and rage once he returned from the grave and it's senseless to me that he'd set aside his killing ways and embrace the flawed methods of Batman and company. I only read a handful of issues so I'm not sure whether it's changed. I'm not seeing he has to be written as a guy kills anything that moves but I liked how Lobdell handled it. He would put down the irremediable ones. But I like the concept of Jason leading misfits.

I enjoyed the Barbara romance though I'm pro Jason and pre 52 Huntress. That's always been a dream ship of mine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.