Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Scott Lobdell Talks New RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS Series

• 62 results
    Avatar image for dark_tzitzimine
    Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Capullo redesigned Black Mask before he left Batman while Jason and Black Mask's previous encounters have been retconned out from continuity.

roflcopter72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Don't let the oneshot fool you. One decent issue of Jason Todd solo does not make up for 5 years of underwhelming Red Hood teamups. FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS READ LOBDELL!

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

meh... wish there was a character here I cared about...

2099man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am perfectly OK with this idea. The original Bizarro from the Silver Age was always a good natured, well meaning, heroic nuance so the fact that this new one is something similar only increases my interest.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
    Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Antihero_Jaymok

I know I've had a problem with Lobdell's version of Jason in the past, but I can't resist wanting to read Jason with his own "Superman" and "Wonder Woman" at his side.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lelanka

I still have mixed feelings about this but I can't deny that the two issues which are already out were good. Dexter Soy's design is just amazing. It doesn't look over-sexualized without making the characters looks in some kind "ugly". I hope I'm not wrong. I still don't trust Lobdell though, it's risky with him. RHATO is not good in many ppl's opinion.

But I believe he'll be forced into relationship and then the Batfamily will accept him. This is what I fear the most and also how will Jason be handled. UtRH is perfection itself and it seems that it is really hard to make proper Jason Todd.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roflcopter72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so here's my concern with Bizarro in this book, is Jason the kind of person to put up with the reverse talk? I feel like he'd get upset at having to put up with at first and just not want to deal with him. Is that just me or does anyone else feel that? Also I did like the new issues but it does not make up for the past. Why did anyone give Lobdell the book for the 3rd time in a row when he flopped twice? Does DC just not care about Hood anymore?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@kid_omega_prime: Every character post flashpoint is in the Prime Earth Universe. I think Wally West and Superman, Older Lois, and their son are the only New Earth characters that still exist. I didn't read the new issue of Outlaws though.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roflcopter72:Maybe they think making Lobdell as his writer is a good idea and we, Red Hood's fans won't be able to complain after some time. I honestly don't know. If they do, they're really messed up. I think Jason isn't ready for his own series (if he every will be), because they're not capabable to give him proper story without changing his original character or making it unreadable.

Regarding Bizzaro. I'm curious on how it is going to work if it could work at all.

@kid_omega_prime: This new RHATO series are still a part of New 52 but with elements from Pre-New 52. So it's actually mixed together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.