Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

Was anyone impressed by the quality of writing and art on this one shot? I mean I honestly didn't see it coming but damn, I can't wait to read more!

Klark_Cent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

yeah it was fantastic. Even the flash backs were enjoyable

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed it. Both story and art. Can't wait to read more :)

EverMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By EverMuse

I look forward to it but at the same time kind of bummed out.

Personally I loved the dynamic between him and Roy and Kori in the new 52 outlaws. It was one of my favourites of the season. :(

So sort of resigned that all that character development we got / went through, is going to be thrown out the window just like that.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lelanka

Dexter Soy is the best artist and I'm so grateful that he's working on the Rebirth for Red Hood. Not sure about Lobdell again writing Red Hood, I don't keep my hopes high but who knows maybe it won't be so bad as RH content from only the New 52.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Friends don't let friends read Lobdell. I stuck it out for 5 years but I'm not buying the actual book until Red Hood goes solo or gets a new writer.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evermuse said:

I look forward to it but at the same time kind of bummed out.

Personally I loved the dynamic between him and Roy and Kori in the new 52 outlaws. It was one of my favourites of the season. :(

So sort of resigned that all that character development we got / went through, is going to be thrown out the window just like that.

Agreed. I did enjoy the dynamic of the original Outlaws, but you're probably right. The silver lining is that, I think Jason will retain his own development from Outlaws, even if (Teen) Titans throws it away and we pretend Roy and Jason were never friends or whatever it was previously established did or didn't happen.

@Lelanka said:

Dexter Soy is the best artist and I'm so grateful that he's working on the Rebirth for Red Hood. Not sure about Lobdell again writing Red Hood, I don't keep my hopes high but who knows maybe it won't be so bad as RH content from only the New 52.

@dngn4774 said:

Friends don't let friends read Lobdell. I stuck it out for 5 years but I'm not buying the actual book until Red Hood goes solo or gets a new writer.

I was an admittedly skeptic individual as well, but I actually think this book has been solid so far. It's arguably been the overall best book as far as their Rebirth one-shots go and the first issue was solid. Is Lobdell a genius? Probably not, but the team on this book is worth giving it a shot. At least three issues.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: The Rebirth seems good so far for Jason, but it's still too few issues to make proper opinion.

Anyway, I think they won't erase completely what happened before the Rebirth just alter it a bit and take from both Pre-New 52 and New 52 the best things and keep Rebirth much more optimistic like it was in the old days.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.