Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1742 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

"Jason Todd's Magical One-Shot Power"

Captain_Effort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Captain_Effort

I keep seeing this used as a joke in the Battles forum, and I was just wondering if anybody could fill me in on the origin of this term. Then maybe I can feel like I'm allowed to laugh along, heh. Thanks!

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe they are talking about the punch that his mentor Ducra created in their war with the Untitled. During Tynion's run on RHATO issues 25 and 27, Jason had been able to learn this all powerful technique from watching Talia and he used it to remove an Untitled's power completely, rendering them vulnerable. He was able to defeat Ra's al Ghul using this punch as well, but it only works when he is fighting someone with the Untitled's power, so I believe everyone in the battle forum is getting carried away with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He one shotted Lady Shiva and paralyzed her. Not sure if it's that ^ too but one shotting lady Shiva is definitely part of it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I always thought it was a joke about Jason managing to KO Shiva in one hit.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Unfortunately there are some people who actually take it seriously.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was because of the submarine thing.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's a joke

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@jayc1324:

Where did this happen? I'd expect Shiva to kick Jason's @ss unless he pulled trickery.

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Red Hood and the Outlaws #26 - Remembering. After taking out the Man-Bat army; Jason admitted that he knew that he couldn't beat Shiva in an actual fight. So to save time, he took her out with the one-shot that she taught him when he would need it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's both that he one-shot Shiva, and the fact that he busted through a submarine.

The whole nuke thing is icing on the cake.

Jmarshmallow

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a joke

This, and so is everyone's skills in new52 from what I've seen so far. People say Grayson is equal if not better than Batman now who fought 28 hours straight. Todd beat Shiva and Grayson gave frreaking Midnighter a fight who couldn't beat the Joker because he was unpredictable and characters like Zealot follow orders from Deathstroke AAAAHHHHHHHH.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: todd only beat shiva with a nerve strike.

Midnighter was toying with grayson

Zealot had to take orders or slade wouldnt go along with the deal.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@karazor-el there's no way any of this could happen, characters are being downplayed by their owners and that's disturbing. Shiva beat by a nerve strike? Midnighter saying Grayson's moves are like jazz? Are you kidding me? Zealot should be leading the mission and kick fake Lobo around with ease. Wildstorm characters are in a league of their own.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: i disagree.

Yes. Yes was beat by a nerve strike. Just like even powerhouses go down to them. I.e. thor.

So you have a problem with midnighter giving grayson a compliment even though we know he was toying with him and then beat him down??

We have no idea how strong that.lobo was and his regen was crazy fast. Zealot wasnt in charge period, so it wasnt up to her whod lead the mission.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a fight when you decide to fight and the place care more that the fighters.

Even with this, Jason did explain it was mostly the fact he was lucky enough it worked.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Jason did what? Geez, Shiva must be losing her touch.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@batwatch: Red Hood and the Outlaws #26 - Remembering. After taking out the Man-Bat army; Jason admitted that he knew that he couldn't beat Shiva in an actual fight. So to save time, he took her out with the one-shot that she taught him when he would need it.

I stopped reading that series before I got to that point. However, that Lady Shiva didn't have the same name as Sandra Woosan, so I never considered her the real Lady Shiva.

Of course, now I can't remember where I heard her called by another name. I'm ninety percent sure she had a name other than Sandra Woosan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.