Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

jason todd solo comic

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By luckydomino1
    No Caption Provided

in my opinion putting Jason in reddhod and the outlaws new title was dumb it would of been cooler if they gave him a solo title. Jason was always my favorite robin and when joker killed him and he was revived into the anti hero red hood it was awesome. as most of you know joker old suit use to be red-hood and for him to base his whole name and suit off of it was cool to me . a solo title is the push that red hood deserves it would be really good. his partners in his new comic are dragging him down. i don't hate starfire and that other guy but they aren't as cool as jason. so just drop redhood and the outlaws and give him his own comic. im not the only one to agree on this so what do you guys think do you think its a good idea or not i mean they gave nightwing his own solo and they gave swamp thing a comic lol really swamp thing give a couple week this comic will be puled from shelves .

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134

@luckydomino1 said:

No Caption Provided

in my opinion putting Jason in reddhod and the outlaws new title was dumb it would of been cooler if they gave him a solo title. Jason was always my favorite robin and when joker killed him and he was revived into the anti hero red hood it was awesome. as most of you know joker old suit use to be red-hood and for him to base his whole name and suit off of it was cool to me . a solo title is the push that red hood deserves it would be really good. his partners in his new comic are dragging him down. i don't hate starfire and that other guy but they aren't as cool as jason. so just drop redhood and the outlaws and give him his own comic. im not the only one to agree on this so what do you guys think do you think its a good idea or not i mean they gave nightwing his own solo and they gave swamp thing a comic lol really swamp thing give a couple week this comic will be puled from shelves .

I agree,all this Starfire crap is mostly likely gonna get him cancelled.They should of just gave him his own series,with a brand new cast of characters. I do like Outlaws but I don't think its gonna get to far honestly.I would have loved if it was just Jason and the All Caste

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @luckydomino1 said:
    No Caption Provided

its not really dragging him down when both of his partners are more well known and more popular than he is. and of course they gave SwampThing a comic, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run was a best seller for years and is praised as one of the greatest comic runs of all time, not to mention the fact that Swamp Thing has had a great deal more mainstream exposure than Jason has had.  Hell in the New 52 Swamp Thing is on Forbes Top 10 list same goes with Nightwing who has been a beloved character since the day he was created. Jason has pretty much only had 2 stages to non comic readers despised as Robin (hell they didnt even put him in Batman:TAS) and ignored as Red Hood.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@luckydomino1 said:

No Caption Provided

Red Hood and the Outlaws IS what Jason needs right now. You have to understand that the writers that wrote Jason so far seem to have made him a little Bat-obsessed. In the new 52 DC wanted to take him away from the Bat-family, and show how he interacts with genuine friends.

But make no mistakes, Red Hood and the Outlaws is Jason's book. Starfire and Red Arrow are just there to show how he handles relationships other than enemies.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

How can anyone not see the current redhood and the Outlaws as simply just Jason Todd and Friends!!!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134

@Final Arrow said:

How can anyone not see the current redhood and the Outlaws as simply just Jason Todd and Friends!!!

I do and I like it.But all the Starfire rage is annoying,I rather she not be there

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@Final Arrow said:

And not even friends that make sense.

I mean i have an idea of giving Jason Todd a team, but with character that have a code of honor like Jason, also that at any point could actually try to kill Jason.

Here it feel, like Jason is going to be the Punisher of DC, that suck, becuase he was, Vigilante/Deathstroke/Batman and now he is going to be Deadpool/Punisher/Damian Wayne.

He is not getting foward, he is just another Frank Castle Clone, all thanks to this Dork Age Anti Hero Nonsense Crap.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

I've always preferred Jason Todd over Frank Castle. But this is not about who I think is better, this is about Jason bein' great. Jason bein' a clone of Punisher is just disrespectful to Jason's character...and so is callin' him that. I mean, it was somethin' I wanted in the past but soon realized that Jason is a character all of his own. And in fact, in many ways BETTER than the Punisher to me. So I like the way DCnU is goin' with Jason.

Now all they have to do is let him and Cassandra Cain meet...(and possibly get together)...and I'll LOVE the way they're goin' with Jason.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iron_Turtle

Personally I'm loving the outlaws.

Roy Harper's slightly dumb, impulsive and rough characterization is an brilliant contrast to Jason Todd's slick schemer. Although Starfire still feels slightly out of place so far, I'm happy to see how her character develops as it goes on as we're only two issues in.

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Jason needs Outlaws right now, to be rehabbed. This is about making the character effective in the long term, and a supporting cast will help. I absolutely think they could've gone the blue collar vigilante route if they wanted to but this clearly puts Jason on the side of right in the DCU. In the end, no matter how you slice his depravity, Punisher's a hero in the Marvel Universe but it's because of the fact Marvel has darker heroes.

In DC's case things are more black and white, that's why Jason has gone from Winick having Jason tout himself as "simply homicidal" to Lobdell showing him not liking it but seeing it as what has to be done.

Quite honestly, they've done a lot of what we asked, hell they've done a lot of what I outright wrote to Didio about. They pulled him out of Gotham, they're pulling him slightly back from the edge so he can work at a hero. They've also fleshed out his past and given him friends. And definitely, Jason ain't crazy no more.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daredevil21134

@RedHoodsDen said:

Jason needs Outlaws right now, to be rehabbed. This is about making the character effective in the long term, and a supporting cast will help. I absolutely think they could've gone the blue collar vigilante route if they wanted to but this clearly puts Jason on the side of right in the DCU. In the end, no matter how you slice his depravity, Punisher's a hero in the Marvel Universe but it's because of the fact Marvel has darker heroes.

In DC's case things are more black and white, that's why Jason has gone from Winick having Jason tout himself as "simply homicidal" to Lobdell showing him not liking it but seeing it as what has to be done.

Quite honestly, they've done a lot of what we asked, hell they've done a lot of what I outright wrote to Didio about. They pulled him out of Gotham, they're pulling him slightly back from the edge so he can work at a hero. They've also fleshed out his past and given him friends. And definitely, Jason ain't crazy no more.

Well Said

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedHoodsDen said:

Jason needs to leave Gotham?

Yes, for a time to find himself.

Jason needs the Outlaws?

I think the Outlaws need Jason, but Jason dont needs the Outlaws.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By luckydomino1

i think the shock from dying will never leave he will continue to kill criminal scum and i kinda dont care

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

i think the outlaws are holding jason from becoming an insane murderer

also they're like a darker teen titans

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Solo would be sick, but I'm enjoying the current run so can't complain.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.