Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

I Love Jason Todd

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SevanGrim

It is a sad occurrence A company decides its time to introduce a new, better character, but the character never makes it past issue 13 because people can't get over not seeing the character they "know and love."

Jason Todd was set up to be better than Dick. All logic said he had to be, as Batman even took the Robin mantle away from the beloved Dick to give to this new, fresh, BETTER hero.

But from the get-go, all anyone heard was that Jason wasn't as good. He wasn't Dick. He was a stupid character. And so DC gave the option, and the masses decided it wasn't enough to be strapped to a chair and beaten with a crowbar. Jason Todd had to be blown up.

Face it folks, most of you have no vision. Thats why Jason's dead. That's why Bart Allen is dead. And thats why countless, deserving characters never made it to a monthly series.

I love Jason Todd. He's the kind of character DC needs. some one to stir the pot who isn't in insane genius (Joker, Deathstroke, etc..). Now he's back. Written marvelously back into the continuum to fill in voids that no one else can.

We call people ghetto, red necked, and trash mostly because we can see their ignorance. Well, if you can't give a perfectly good character a full year to prove himself before you start nay-saying, i can see yours.
    Post Edited:2007-06-24 03:09:52

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Tim and Dick are both better characters IMO. So are Bart and Conner (both of whom will no doubt be resurrected). Jason may be good now, time will tell, but he wasn't when he was Robin.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Spectrum

well in all fairness no matter what Joker does its cool

aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By aloe vera

the "after math" of jason todd's character has been put to pretty good use

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Grim says:

"It is a sad occurrence A company decides its time to introduce a new, better character, but the character never makes it past issue 13 because people can't get over not seeing the character they "know and love."Jason Todd was set up to be better than Dick. All logic said he had to be, as Batman even took the Robin mantle away from the beloved Dick to give to this new, fresh, BETTER hero.But from the get-go, all anyone heard was that Jason wasn't as good. He wasn't Dick. He was a stupid character. And so DC gave the option, and the masses decided it wasn't enough to be strapped to a chair and beaten with a crowbar. Jason Todd had to be blown up.Face it folks, most of you have no vision. Thats why Jason's dead. That's why Bart Allen is dead. And thats why countless, deserving characters never made it to a monthly series.I love Jason Todd. He's the kind of character DC needs. some one to stir the pot who isn't in insane genius (Joker, Deathstroke, etc..). Now he's back. Written marvelously back into the continuum to fill in voids that no one else can.We call people ghetto, red necked, and trash mostly because we can see their ignorance. Well, if you can't give a perfectly good character a full year to prove himself before you start nay-saying, i can see yours.
    Post Edited:2007-06-24 03:09:52"

First-In both origins of Nightwing, Batman never took the robin mantle from Dick and agve it to Jason.

Pre-Crisis: Dick Grayson decides that he is beyond his old life when he had to be with Batman to be a good hero so he leaves the Robin mantle and takes a new name and a new costume

Post-Crisis: Joker has for the first time a lucky shot and heavily injures Dick with a gun under his shoulder, Batman starts to be a drama queen and decides that he doesn't want to put Dick's life in danger. He fires Dick and some time later he finds a street boy with skills and decides to give him the Robin Mantle because he was "lonely"

Jason never showed any limits, his lack of skill and his lack of discipline sent him to his death.

He was never as good as Dick and he'll probably never be.

Oh and one more thing, if you're so pissed off about that let me just remind you something:

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By avengpymhawk

I think that Jason's death is one of the best comic deaths out there. I also believe that there are certain characters out there that should always remain dead. Them comming back demeans the death in the story. Some examples: Green Goblin, Jason Todd, Terra, Electra, and the worst offense...Bucky.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

avengpymhawk says:

"I think that Jason's death is one of the best comic deaths out there. I also believe that there are certain characters out there that should always remain dead. Them comming back demeans the death in the story. Some examples: Green Goblin, Jason Todd, Terra, Electra, and the worst offense...Bucky."

I have to agree with you

Ralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Ralph

Post Deleted.

Ralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Ralph

Hey! Who deleted my post?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.