Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

How creepy was Talia/Jason in Lost Days? (Because it apparently needs to be asked)

• 65 results
    blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By blueU

Poll How creepy was Talia/Jason in Lost Days? (Because it apparently needs to be asked) (66 votes)

Sick and wrong 30%
    Sick, but not wrong 2%
    Wrong, but not sick 9%
    Creepy, but neither sick nor wrong 17%
    I don't see the problem 42%

How creepy do you think it was that Talia slept with Jason in Lost Days? This keeps coming up in another thread, so I thought I'd toss it out to the crowd.

• 
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Wait you were there I need to go back

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I haven't read it. What was creepy about it?

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read it. What was creepy about it?

Where to start. Okay:

Age difference:

1. Physical: No matter how you spin it, this was a flagrant violation of the standard creepiness rule (no younger than 1/2 your age + 7)

2. Mental: It's even worse when you consider you have to deduct a few years from Jason's mental age to account for death/vegetable/non-verbal time. That would likely put Jason's mental age under18.

Psuedo-incest vibe:

3. Talia is Jason's adopted father's ex

4. Talia is Jason's adopted father's baby-momma

5. Talia was Jason's adult female caretaker during his non-verbal time and acted as his as his adult female mentor when he was recovering from the pool and dealing with his betrayal by his birth-mother and perceived betrayal by his adopted father

Possible consent issues:

6. The pool/brain damage left Jason a few bunnies short of a jack o'lantern, and Talia is aware of this fact

7. See "mental age" in point 2

Conclusion: Creepy, icky, and immoral.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueu: Hmm, that does sound kind of inappropriate.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

It was awsome.Go Jason! This is old news anyways

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Just more evidence of the absolute destruction of Talia al Ghul's character in the past decade. Seriously, she used to be a character I could respect. But there's almost no redeeming qualities left nor any semblance of the character that she once was.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: i think its creepy but no matter what i still say go jason!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@lifeofvibe said:

Jason's a milf hunter lol

He lost too much time by being dead, so as soon as he got back and regained his memories he wanted to carve a notch in the ole bedpost lol (Realize he probably lost his virginity to Talia when you think about it.)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@lifeofvibe said:

Jason's a milf hunter lol

He lost too much time by being dead, so as soon as he got back and regained his memories he wanted to carve a notch in the ole bedpost lol (Realize he probably lost his virginity to Talia when you think about it.)

Talia is a hot woman to loose it too lol

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happens in soap operas all the time, so not too creepy ;)

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Eh whatever. lol

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lifeofvibe

@mitran: he was either 14 or 20 and talia may have been 27 or 28

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

14????? no....it was years between the first issue of Last Days and the last issue of Last Days...he had facial hair

you're the one who started a thread trying to say that Jason is older than Dick and now you're saying that he could have been 14 at the end of Last Days and during Under the Red Hood??? C'mon

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's just sex.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@danhimself said:

@lifeofvibe said:

14????? no....it was years between the first issue of Last Days and the last issue of Last Days...he had facial hair

you're the one who started a thread trying to say that Jason is older than Dick and now you're saying that he could have been 14 at the end of Last Days and during Under the Red Hood??? C'mon

I had facial hair at 14... just saying...

How old was he then? I imagined the difference would be huge, but if he was older than 17 and she younger than 30-ish, I see no problems.

No Caption Provided

facial hair like this?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@danhimself said:

@mitran said:

@danhimself said:

@lifeofvibe said:

How old was he then? I imagined the difference would be huge, but if he was older than 17 and she younger than 30-ish, I see no problems.

No Caption Provided

facial hair like this?

Yes. Either way he looks old enough that him and Talia isn't creepy of her.

you had a full beard at 14? wow

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@danhimself said:

@lifeofvibe said:

First, you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that, but, question: The age thing aside, does it not bother you that Talia is the mother of Jason's adopted-father's then ~8-9-year-old son?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really that's what's creepy about it for me. Because I was under the impression he was at least near 18 at that point. It's the fact that it's specifically one of his "father's" ex-girlfriends, and I find it even more creepy that she'd throw herself at him to begin with. It's similar to how in Batman the Animated Series the Bruce/Barbara relationship creeped me out, even though by the time it started she was in college and legally an adult. It's just weird.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daredevil21134

Really that's what's creepy about it for me. Because I was under the impression he was at least near 18 at that point. It's the fact that it's specifically one of his "father's" ex-girlfriends, and I find it even more creepy that she'd throw herself at him to begin with. It's similar to how in Batman the Animated Series the Bruce/Barbara relationship creeped me out, even though by the time it started she was in college and legally an adult. It's just weird.

According to Judd Winnick he was old enough

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be better if it were the other way around. =)

Oh wait I am suppose to be serious. =/

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she did it because it because right before Ra's was killed and for some reason Talia was mad at Bruce over it despite Nyssa being the one who killed him...so in her mind she was sleeping with Jason to get back at Bruce

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much wrong and very sick. I smh it thatJason is the only Batcharacter I want to see die horribly more than the first time.

@supbatz said:

Just more evidence of the absolute destruction of Talia al Ghul's character in the past decade. Seriously, she used to be a character I could respect. But there's almost no redeeming qualities left nor any semblance of the character that she once was.

Agreed. She wasn't even portrayed well in the movie, waiting for another retcon.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueu: you are talking nonsense. stop.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By theTimeStreamer

just re-read lost days. man was it an awesome read. so he was in his late teen when he died. he came back to life, stumbled around for a couple of months (3-4 maybe), spent 1 year in ra's al ghoul's trying to figure out how he came back, undisclosed amount of time training with talia's experts but the 3rd robin came about in this time so at least a couple of years. even if you count it from when he got revived by superboy's reality punch, he was still of legal age and consent. and pedophile applies to young kids not teens. as for the PSEUDO-mommy incest implication, who is the sick one in this thread i ask you? seriously though this is a great mini series and this is talia at her best. plus she is really hot in this and not only because of the artist or sexual innuendos.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@blueu said:

@mitran said:

@danhimself said:

@lifeofvibe said:

First, you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that, but, question: The age thing aside, does it not bother you that Talia is the mother of Jason's adopted-father's then ~8-9-year-old son?

Jason was never adopted

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By entropy_aegis

I dont give a damn about the age or the incest angle,it was crap because it was...well crap. The problem with the scene was that it MADE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Lost Days was just a fan fic written by a Jason Todd lover,Talia sleeps with him cause Batman killed her father the same father whom Talia has seen die repeatedly,the same father whom Talia was estranged with at that point in the timeline and now get this the same father who was ALIVE when it happened. But heh lets give her a poor excuse to relate and connect with Jason who himself was angry with Batman.Likewise why would Jason even care that Ra's died? if anything he should have been happy that not only had the world just lost a terrorist but it was done by the Batman hands himself,if I were Jason I would be ecstatic.

Under Winicks pen Todd was a gary stu no question about it,Winick spent most of Lost Days contradicting himself just to show how Jason's so awesome and how his methods are totally more pragmatic.Throughout that whole series Winick kept introducing characters whom Jason Todd would learn from then conveniently discover that they were up to something and finally kill them,by that same logic he should have killed Talia and Ra's.Those said teachers were hired by Talia who's well connected amongst the assassins and killers, really what did he expect a bomb maker does for a living? what was he expecting from a poisons expert? He just killed them because the narrative wanted to establish Jason's awesomeness and anti heroicness(yeah I know there's no such word). It also had an utterly pointless encounter with the Joker again just to establish Jason's awesomeness,even more laughable was the manner in which Jason discovered Jokers location(some random Russian bloke in London tells Jason the Joker's location and he didn't even know Jasons name much less any history with the clown).

Poor story and when asked about the sex in question the only thing the writer had to say"it's what adults do",yeah ok.

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueu: you are talking nonsense. stop.

just re-read lost days. man was it an awesome read. so he was in his late teen when he died. he came back to life, stumbled around for a couple of months (3-4 maybe), spent 1 year in ra's al ghoul's trying to figure out how he came back, undisclosed amount of time training with talia's experts but the 3rd robin came about in this time so at least a couple of years. even if you count it from when he got revived by superboy's reality punch, he was still of legal age and consent. and pedophile applies to young kids not teens. as for the PSEUDO-mommy incest implication, who is the sick one in this thread i ask you? seriously though this is a great mini series and this is talia at her best. plus she is really hot in this and not only because of the artist or sexual innuendos.

You are completely entitle to your opinion and I respect that. I also agree with you that her actions in this regard were not illegal under US law (well, excluding any possible competence issue on Jason's part, which would be hard to argue regardless) nor do they meet any reasonable definition of pedophilia. Nevertheless, I find Talia's actions here to be reprehensible for a number of reasons, many of which I listed above. If they do not bother you, that's fine. This is fiction after all. If you are able to find it non-creepy, and that enhances your enjoyment of the book, go for it.

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

@mitran said:

@blueu said:

@mitran said:

@danhimself said:

@lifeofvibe said:

You mean the pseudo-incestual vibe someone was talking about earlier? I don't really see it. On the other hand, if I replace Talia with Catwoman it becomes more unacceptable. I guess it's just my perception of Talia. Either way, I find Dick and Barbara waaaayyy more pseudo-incestual than Talia and Jason.

Hun, that's interesting. I never got that feel from Dick & Barbara. I always kinda put them in the "highschool sweethearts" box. I wonder if its a difference in which version of the characters we were introduced to first? Total agree with you the Catwoman thing would be very creepy, though.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@entropy_aegis said:

I dont give a damn about the age or the incest angle,it was crap because it was...well crap. The problem with the scene was that it MADE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Lost Days was just a fan fic written by a Jason Todd lover,Talia sleeps with him cause Batman killed her father the same father whom Talia has seen die repeatedly,the same father whom Talia was estranged with at that point in the timeline and now get this the same father who was ALIVE when it happened. But heh lets give her a poor excuse to relate and connect with Jason who himself was angry with Batman.Likewise why would Jason even care that Ra's died? if anything he should have been happy that not only had the world just lost a terrorist but it was done by the Batman hands himself,if I were Jason I would be ecstatic.

Under Winicks pen Todd was a gary stu no question about it,Winick spent most of Lost Days contradicting himself just to show how Jason's so awesome and how his methods are totally more pragmatic.Throughout that whole series Winick kept introducing characters whom Jason Todd would learn from then conveniently discover that they were up to something and finally kill them,by that same logic he should have killed Talia and Ra's.Those said teachers were hired by Talia who's well connected amongst the assassins and killers, really what did he expect a bomb maker does for a living? what was he expecting from a poisons expert? He just killed them because the narrative wanted to establish Jason's awesomeness and anti heroicness(yeah I know there's no such word). It also had an utterly pointless encounter with the Joker again just to establish Jason's awesomeness,even more laughable was the manner in which Jason discovered Jokers location(some random Russian bloke in London tells Jason the Joker's location and he didn't even know Jasons name much less any history with the clown).

Poor story and when asked about the sex in question the only thing the writer had to say"it's what adults do",yeah ok.

This. So much this. It's the only acceptable answer.

The other reason it happened was because Winick wanted to throw off the "Jason's gay" rumours as well. Can't have his little creator's pet being gay, after all.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

According to Judd Winnick he was old enough

There you go then. Though again, the age never mattered to me one way or the other.

@nathaniel_christopher said:

she did it because it because right before Ra's was killed and for some reason Talia was mad at Bruce over it despite Nyssa being the one who killed him...so in her mind she was sleeping with Jason to get back at Bruce

And despite the fact Ra's has "died" lord only knows how many times now. The entire thing was silly, and though i'm a strong believer in taking everything that DC declares to be canon and keeping it as such in my mind, it's so horribly written and out of character that I can't help but disregard it.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its fine. He was bout 17 and she was 27. I slept with a 48 year old when I was 22.

I dont think her being bruces baby momma matters either. Its not like jason is actually bruces son.

what the hell is the half plus 7 rule. Who the hell started that

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really doesn't matter anymore this is old news and we don't even know if it's still in continuity

I think its fine. He was bout 17 and she was 27. I slept with a 48 year old when I was 22.

I dont think her being bruces baby momma matters either. Its not like jason is actually bruces son.

Agreed

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@blueu said:

@mitran:

@mitran said:

@blueu said:

You mean the pseudo-incestual vibe someone was talking about earlier? I don't really see it. On the other hand, if I replace Talia with Catwoman it becomes more unacceptable. I guess it's just my perception of Talia. Either way, I find Dick and Barbara waaaayyy more pseudo-incestual than Talia and Jason.

Hun, that's interesting. I never got that feel from Dick & Barbara. I always kinda put them in the "highschool sweethearts" box. I wonder if its a difference in which version of the characters we were introduced to first? Total agree with you the Catwoman thing would be very creepy, though.

All I've really read with Barbara was her Year One mini. Their interactions reminded me more of a sibling relationship than anything else. They're the first two kids of the Bat-family, like brother and sister, so for them to get together... Maybe it's just me, but I don't like Barbara and Dick for that reason.

but they aren't brother and sister...it's like life long friends getting together

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Where are people getting these statistics from?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: who knows but its probably could be from the 5 year time limit or most of them hope it true im one of them

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understands people's fascination with this.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: well most people i was talking to in another thread kept on telling me jason was 5 years younger in lost days by my geuss it was probably 2 years into lost day so he was probably 14 but in the new 52 time line he probably was 22 (i meant to say that) so yeah now that i think about it probably wasnt that creepy

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: you know now that think about it that probably the most creepyest part of this stuation (at least when you put it like that)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: you know now that think about it that probably the most creepyest part of this stuation (at least when you put it like that)

lol I don't man.Two screwed up people had sex.Big freaking deal.Was it out of character for Talia probably.I mean it's not like he dated her and it's probably unlikely it will ever be brought up again anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.